Ipstar

Xeque

I've been an IPStar user for a while. We can't get a normal ADSL line out to where I live east of Pattaya so the satellite system was our only option.

The system has worked well (by and large) up until 10 weeks ago when it all went to sh1t.

Repeated calls to the engineers revealed that Loxinfo were having bandwidth problems at the gateway between the satellite and Loxinfo. My latest enquiry was 5 days ago when I was told that the bandwidth and associated up/down speeds were improving but that they were still far from stable.

For the past 10 weeks my performance speeds have been as low as 20% and never, never higher than 50%.

IPStar is way more expensive than regular telephone DSL so I have given notice to Loxinfo that I expect them to send me a reduced invoice that truly reflects the lack of service I have been receiving for the past 10 weeks.

I wonder how successful that will be :o In the meantime I haven't paid them anything for the past 2 months and a new invoice arrived in the post this morning.

Anyone else having similar problems?

Edited by Xeque

Yes, same problems.

I had a fast and stable connection for 6 months (512/256), just until 3 months ago.

I complained almost every day and they always told me they could not do anything.

They advised me to run a broadband test every 2 hours or so and present them the scores, sent them to IPstar and they discounted me 50 % for 1 month.

Now the connection is still very bad, and they told me the discount is only one time.

So it is the same problem, here in Isan, no adsl available as I live outside the city, and only IPstar as satellite provider.

Let's hope one day it will improve.

good luck...!

It's like a never ending soap. on and on and on.........

I owe them for 3 months.

I have signed up for 512 kbs and got nothing higher than 28kbs.

They don't answer emails, fax, telephones so what kind of customer service is that?