Is 3G =H or H+ on true move H

Mike45

I just subscribed to a True Move H package.

" แพคเกจ Net899 Internet and WiFi Unlimited (Fair Usage 5GB) Recurring เริ่มใช้ได้ 05/12/2014 17:14:45 เป็นต้นไป และจะสมัครแพคเกจอัตโนมัติในทุกรอบบิลค่ะ"

My Samsung Neo 4G phone only shows H. Sometimes for a second I see H+.

Am I getting 3G? I'm in Bangkok. I even tried two true shops the last one was at Siam Paragon. They tell me that's 3G.

I would not spend a Baht to upgrade to more than 3G.

Be happy to reach more than 5 Mbit/s in densely populated areas.

These "42 Mbit" ads (or even higher) are a joke.

And thats not a Thai related thing.

Just read a test about German service providers.

Best one delivers about 8 Mbit/s.

Edited by KhunBENQ

Oh, like the Ferrari drivers in the USA that are limited to 65mph speeds on the freeways? Seeing as how most people buy a Ferrari to a) show off or B) because they 'like' the car, your attempt at metaphor is invalid.

You used to have GPRS or EDGE on your mobile phones, in terms of 'speed' - simple first generation 3G was an improvement over that, as are HSDPA and HSDPA+, which are plenty fast across Thailand.

Additionally, consider that LTE (often erroneously called '4G') should provide 100mbps, yet you would be hard-pressed to achieve more than 20-30mbps in most implementations across the globe - yet, I bet you're not screaming about that?

Actual speeds of the various protocols are dependent on various criteria, including but not limited to distance from cellular towers, amount of simultaneous sessions, backbone capacity available to the specific tower in that location, specific bandwidth available to your chipset of your device, etc...

The 42mbps advertising claims refer to a best possible situation - and should usually be stated as "up to...such and such speed"

I would not spend a Baht to upgrade to more than 3G.

Be happy to reach more than 5 Mbit/s in densely populated areas.

These "42 Mbit" ads (or even higher) are a joke.

And thats not a Thai related thing.

Just read a test about German service providers.

Best one delivers about 8 Mbit/s.

No no no! True Move 4G gives you around 40Mbps in Pattaya, even on weekends when BKK crowd the Beach Rd, lets say around Royal Garden.

In Bangkok speed is same at least, depending how crowded the area is, around Siam Paragon speed may drop, but not under 20Mbps.

TrueMove 4G prepaid prices now are almost same as their 3G, but difference in speed is real.

• Like 1