One injured, five vehicles damaged in Phuket pile up

Lite Beer

One injured, five vehicles damaged in Phuket pile up
Eakkapop Thongtub

1417859750_1.jpg

A pick up truck ended up on top of another car in the pile up at traffic lights on Thepkrasatree Rd.

PHUKET: A car failing to brake at traffic lights on Thepkrasatree Rd has been blamed for causing a five-vehicle pile up in which a pick up truck ended up on top of another car.

The accident occurred at the Khow Lan intersection at 3.30pm on Friday (Dec 5), bringing traffic to a standstill on the southbound lanes.
“They crashed like dominoes,” said motorcycle rider Namphon Poesing, 20, who was the only person injured in the accident.

Before being taken to Talang Hospital, Ms Namphon said she was at the traffic lights when a car ploughed into the line of waiting vehicles. She was bumped off her motorcycle when it was hit by one of the cars shunted in the pile up.
All five drivers involved were questioned at Thalang Police Station.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/one-injured-five-vehicles-damaged-in-phuket-pile-up-50005.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2014-12-06

WOW this is absolutely amazing. I am still wondering how this accident went from the beginning stage to the end. The pickup on top of the totally wrecked car seems to have been left unspoiled. I am trying all my imagination to glue the action togehter piece by piece.

AMAZING THAILAND.

It was the country's BEST Tourist motto ever, and still is

• Like 1

This is why I drive a full-sized Ford F150 4x4 and not a motorized roller skate. That little car did pretty well at keeping the passenger compartment intact, but he still wound up wearing that pickup.

It doesnt matter what you drive,i drive a 44 ton truck everyday,if i where to be up against a Bmw mini for example,no-one can guarantee who will be the worse off,its luck.
  • Like 2

This is why I drive a full-sized Ford F150 4x4 and not a motorized roller skate. That little car did pretty well at keeping the passenger compartment intact, but he still wound up wearing that pickup.

It doesnt matter what you drive,i drive a 44 ton truck everyday,if i where to be up against a Bmw mini for example,no-one can guarantee who will be the worse off,its luck.

It could go either way. But my money would be on the F150 faring better.

Edited by impulse
  • Like 1

My money would be on you coming off best. Pretty obvious really.

I see motorist running red lights everytime I drive my car, and many motorcyclist don't stop or slow down one bit. My average speed is from 40 to 50 and I drive in the slow lane most of the time. Why oh why do so many Thai's actually think the Buddha will protect them no matter how much they are a danger to other drivers and they drive as if they're the only ones on the road. I have been passed many times by high speed drivers, only to pull up beside them at the next red light.