Thaksin a grandpa

Lite Beer

From what my wife told me these twins are implanted and not from a natural pregnancy.

I could believe that. If you consider the birthdate, it would also seem that they were targeting a most auspicious date but missed it by one.

• Like 1

What a shame he can't even visit his own grandkids in Thailand

Stupid post. He's very likely been in and out of Disneyland ever since his, haha, 'sentence'. If anyone facing jail time, but with enough cash to bribe Thai Immigration, are able to abscond, I'm pretty sure Taksin can.

BTW, This is ALL about who gets the power. Geddit?w00t.gif Idiots coffee1.gif

• Like 1

I seem to recall that the father, who is described as a real estate businessman, was actually given a sinecure job at SC Assets, the family property development firm where Yingluck 'worked' after Shin Corp was sold to Trmasek. I think his wife worked there too. It must be hard for the professionals to run the business, if the family members actually show up for work.

Before it was taken over in the police chief's multi billion baht corporate raid Yingluck's unregistered husband was given the CEO job at MLINK by Yingluck's sister. Their unregistered marriage seems to be on the rocks, so he hasn't been offered a replacement sinecure job by the Shins. Perhaps he is now at the labour exchange. Funny how the buyers of Shin companies never try to persuade any of the family management to stay on.

You are clearly completely ignorant about the way family businesses work in the Sino Thai community.This has nothing to do with politics and the same patterns are demonstrated in all such businesses.

There is certainly a tendency for family members with aptitude to work for the business for the simple reasons they are motivated and can be trusted.But there are few if any sinecures these days.The feckless son type is rarely given responsibility though he may be in the payroll.

Obviously if companies are sold the buyer puts in new management.

Probably best you don't pontificate on subjects you don't understand.

I already thought he was a grandpa. Yingluck has a son. giggle.gif

You beat me to it on that one ... lol

OK, I'll bite? Why is this so funny if it were true?

You'll need to ask a Thai(s) on that one ... someone willing to talk about some of the things that happen here, that they all know about, but don't talk about in public.

From what my wife told me these twins are implanted and not from a natural pregnancy. When she mentioned it the first thing i thought of was who is the semen donor? Being Thak has such a big head the idea of him using his own sons wife as a surrogate seems feasable.

Thaksin's son is not married so he doesn't have a wife or offspring. These babies belong to one of his two daughters. Judging from the photo of the dad, I would say he is quite capable of inseminating his own wife without help from his wife's father. If that was the first thing you thought of, you have a sick mind and should seek professional help; perhaps a lobotomy.

• Like 2

The doting grandpa must be delighted to have a new pair of nominee PMs he can send in to bat when everyone else has been banned, exiled or imprisoned.

Dr. Thaksin is 65 years old, These babies won't be able to vote until Thaksin is 83 and, since the youngest PM ever in Thailand was 40 years old, you can safely assume that Thaksin will be history before either of these two would be PM.

Life is passing him by just because he couldn't accept a two year sentence that would have been automatically halved if he confessed and he could have served a shortened year in a special detention center built just for him. Oh, never mind. I completely forgot about all the other pending cases against him should he return before the statute of limitations runs out. Poor Thaksin, things are not turning out at all like he planned. The schadenfreude is sweet with this story.

Schadenfreude (German): satisfaction or pleasure felt at someone else's misfortune.

Yep. He could of made himself even more of a martyr for the masses. Oh well probably better this way, hopefully they have learned that he is just another elite with his own agenda and his own greed in his heart.

Life is passing him by just because he couldn't accept a two year sentence that would have been automatically halved if he confessed and he could have served a shortened year in a special detention center built just for him. Oh, never mind. I completely forgot about all the other pending cases against him should he return before the statute of limitations runs out. Poor Thaksin, things are not turning out at all like he planned. The schadenfreude is sweet with this story.

Schadenfreude (German): satisfaction or pleasure felt at someone else's misfortune.

Yep. He could of made himself even more of a martyr for the masses. Oh well probably better this way, hopefully they have learned that he is just another elite with his own agenda and his own greed in his heart.

He never had to be a martyr. He could have stayed their hero. With his money, connections, lawyers, etc. he could easily drag all his legal cases out until his natural death had he never 'self-exiled'. Then, the only sacrifice he would have made was not being eligible to become PM again. In the end, he still had to use nominees to control the government but now, is unable to return. If he had listened to me, and a few others, back in 2006, he would never have lost the PM's seat or been ousted by General Sondti. We told him not to dissolve Parliament and that he could out last the Yellow Shirt protesters but he has his own mind. His Achilles' heel is his overconfidence. Also, he had/has too many 'yes' men around him so he doesn't get enough critical feedback. He made his bed and now he is missing out being a grandfather.

• Like 2

It's not funny. It's a vicious, ugly rumor (the kind that are so prevalent in Thailand) that Yingluck is the bastard child of Thaksin and some woman who was not acceptable to becoming Thaksin's wife and that the baby, Yingluck, was raised as his sister. This is not an uncommon occurrence in Thailand so it is plausible. The problem lies in that there is ZERO evidence of that being the case. FYI, Thaksin is only 18 years older than Yingluck which means he would have had to impregnate her alleged mother 9 months before. There's plenty to fault about Thaksin without resorting to this kind of garbage.

It is funny, coming from you! Thank you for giving TV readers (nearly) the whole story, which was I think never published here before... As you rightly write it 'not an uncommon occurence in Thailand', what can make it 'vicious', or 'ugly'? When not the hiding of it, in order not to 'compromit' the lined-out future of the 'golden boy' designated by the Shins' clan with such early fatherhood with a 'non-fitting' girl? And why did that person living close to them in C-M before at once become disgrunted to come out with the story after so many years? But anyways, when and if, why do you use that horrible: 'bastard child'? Natural daughter would have been enough, no? Or do you consider that Thaksin of yours as a Prince of some kind?

It's not funny. It's a vicious, ugly rumor (the kind that are so prevalent in Thailand) that Yingluck is the bastard child of Thaksin and some woman who was not acceptable to becoming Thaksin's wife and that the baby, Yingluck, was raised as his sister. This is not an uncommon occurrence in Thailand so it is plausible. The problem lies in that there is ZERO evidence of that being the case. FYI, Thaksin is only 18 years older than Yingluck which means he would have had to impregnate her alleged mother 9 months before. There's plenty to fault about Thaksin without resorting to this kind of garbage.

It's also not uncommon for those vicious rumors you mention to have a very real grounding in truth.

However, I'm very glad it was you that actually laid it all out in print for the world to see and allow Grandpa Thaksin to (perhaps) now sue you for slander and libel.

He does have a tendency to do that you know ... to sue people for slander to shut them up "only" in those cases that actually "do" have a grounding of truth in them.

Please also do let us all know when the Trial begins so we can all come and support you.

What a shame he can't even visit his own grandkids in Thailand

He has his own plane and is a multi-billionaire. He could come anytime he wishes to.

He would risk being arrested for being a fugitive from a prison sentence, jumping bail and have to face the other 15 more serious charges currently awaiting his return. But that choice is his in the absence of any attempts at extradition or even cancelling of the new passport his sister and cousin issued illegally.

• Like 2

I seem to recall that the father, who is described as a real estate businessman, was actually given a sinecure job at SC Assets, the family property development firm where Yingluck 'worked' after Shin Corp was sold to Trmasek. I think his wife worked there too. It must be hard for the professionals to run the business, if the family members actually show up for work.

Before it was taken over in the police chief's multi billion baht corporate raid Yingluck's unregistered husband was given the CEO job at MLINK by Yingluck's sister. Their unregistered marriage seems to be on the rocks, so he hasn't been offered a replacement sinecure job by the Shins. Perhaps he is now at the labour exchange. Funny how the buyers of Shin companies never try to persuade any of the family management to stay on.

He opened a mall and hotel in Pratunam but it is almost empty everyday.