AIS (or other) mobile connection in Prasat, Surin?

jaywalker

Has anybody tried to use an AIS (or other) wireless USB internet dongle (little thing about the size of a cigarette lighter) in Prasat lately?

I had an AIS one that worked great in BKK & Pattaya, but could barely pick up an EDGE signal in Prasat, but that was almost 2 years ago, so just wondering if anyone has any recent experience?

i live in the sticks nearby, the situation is much better now. I get a 3G signal and my GF even gets an H+ signal on our AIS prepaid Internet SIM cards. Two years ago I used a dongle as well, but have switched to using the AIS netsim with a smartphone, and activate the hotspot WiFi when checking my Email on the laptop and surfing the internet. Works slow sometimes and in the evenings, but it's acceptable

Can not write about Prasat.

But compared to two years ago the coverage has dramatically improved.

In our area (western part of Khon Kaen province) we have full coverage with 3G technology.

As I have a fibre optic connection I seldom use mobile internet and then only in cheap EDGE+ (?) speed (384 kBit/s).

14 Baht/day flatrate, works perfect.

By theory (coverage map) your area is full covered by AIS:

http://www.ais.co.th/3g/en/coverage-checker.aspx

To the east of your area (southern part of Si Saket) there is still one of the few black holes which should be covered until end this year (maybe already done).

In case of weak signal, you should consider buying a stick with external antenna connector (plus antenna).

TrueMove also claims to cover your area:

http://truemoveh.truecorp.co.th/coverage

Edited by KhunBENQ