13 year old drinker found at Thai Pub during Pattaya Police Raid

webfact

13 year old drinker found at Thai Pub during Pattaya Police Raid

pub-4.jpg

PATTAYA: -- A patron as young as 13 years old was found consuming alcohol as Pattaya Police conducted a raid of a Thai Pub in Central Pattaya early on Sunday Morning.

Police Colonel Supatee, the Pattaya Police Chief, received a report of a large gathering of youths outside of a Pub and the possibility a violent confrontation was about to take place was high.

More than 50 Police Officers and Police Volunteers made their way to the Zood Pub in Soi Arunothai off the Central Pattaya Road and found approximately 30 youths outside. Many were able to escape but others were apprehended and Police determined they were waiting for a gang to emerge from the Pub and a fight between both groups was scheduled to take place.

At this point Police conducted a raid of the Pub and found 150 people under the age of 20 inside consuming alcohol, some were in their early teens and one person was found to be only 13 years old. Only 2 customers were found to be over the age of 20.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/158271/13-year-old-drinker-found-at-thai-pub-during-pattaya-police-raid/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2014-12-08

• Like 1

Out of 150 customers only two were over the legal age limit.

The mind boggles.

I am sure there are many similar places in Bangkok.

When I ask my 21 year old students if they go to certain nightclubs they reply that they are too old.

We took my 13 year old nephew to Thailand a few years ago, there was about 20 of us and we'd always ask for a beer for him (initially) and they'd look awkward before saying"be careful of the Police" and then taking the order. laugh.png (We have a laugh......tut tut)

We'd obviously then correct them and get him a juice or whatever he wanted but it did seem to be one a law the locals semi respected. I guess it's tough when money is tight and the thought of 20 odd people are asking for a drink and they think they could potentially lose that. Looking back our innocent bit of fun was a bit knob endish, albeit without any nasty intent.

The control is not always so good working here in Thailand, as long as you have money, you are welcome.

But there are exceptions, where even I (50+) have to show my driver's license.

There's not really the need for control these days around Sukhumvit...especially during the day..at least for those looking for girls.

Finding what is called an under 50 bar where the girls are either under 50 years of age or under 50 kilos is getting harder by the minute cheesy.gif

Staff members were apprehended but the Manager of the venue had fled as soon as Police arrived - See more at: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/158271/13-year-old-drinker-found-at-thai-pub-during-pattaya-police-raid/#sthash.596tPR19.dpuf

Smart Manager; they had no licence to sell alcohol.

Edited by Chris Lawrence

I didn't find humour in the article, as some have.

Glad the police acted and possibly prevented a fight.

Glad this is a Thai matter.

Glad there are other experts who can comment, solve and magnify their egos.

Hopefully they made enough off all the underage drinkers to afford the payola in order for them to stay open..........oh forgot....that doesn't go on now under the present administration wink.png

Didn't read the report, did you?

I guess you mean the last sentence that mentions "recommendation" and "permanently closed down", two very liberal, open to interpretation words/phrases used rather frequently here in Thailand.

Edited by ross163103

LOL, I remember being taken home by the police, drunk as a skunk, at the age of 12. There must of been fifty, or more, of us. Apparently, I was in a "Gang", but did not know it. We broke in to a pizza place, owned by the brother of the Chief of Police (a city in upstate NY). So much for messing with a Sicilian family. My mom called my dad, who grabbed me by the neck, held me against a wall, and explained how...it ever I got caught by the police again, he would skin me alive (with a butter knife). Exact words. It took me another 5 years to get caught.

So much in the OP about decorum.......youth gangs being catered to by business men who cater to the authorities. Then it turns against them.

And the parents of these delinquent kids are nowhere to be seen and presumably couldn't care where their kids are spending their time!!! Does no-one take responsibility for anything here? Where is 'parental responsibility' - or are they too pissed themselves to care??

• Like 1

Why can't the police raid the streets and discover all the 13 year old children with hand guns, who are driving illegally and shooting Song Theow drivers in the head after stealing foreigner's hand bags?

Now there's a show stopper if I ever knew one.

Edited by cup-O-coffee