economy finnair

sparkey

OK or Not bkk-lhr

15 hours and gets me in at 17.10

Can be in my local a little after six.

so timing good but wondering why so cheap

13445 BT one way. nearest other prices jet and air. India but with long stop over

Comments greatly appreciated

i did finair once man-hel-bkk and never again. it was like stepping back in time; old aircraft, uncomfortable seat, one screen at the front of the cabin showing a film. promised myself i would never do it again.

however if the price is really good and you dont mind a bit of discomfort why not try it, you might get a flight share and a decent aircraft

Thanks mate

How long ago did you fly

My other options were Indian. Long stop overs and got bad ratings on web

They must have IFE in the back of seats surely

Even not

It'll gets us home

Thanks again

I've had a he'll of a year here but that's for another thread

I flew Finnair via Helsinki to BKK several years ago (Economy) and I recall it as being a bit on the uncomfortable side...something about the seats not reclining as far as they normally do.

Maybe it was the raw herring for breakfast.......sorry: joke.

• Like 1

Thanks johnny. I am considering but the missus run Out on me. Took the car moped. Trashed the house

I'm thinking treat myself but i'vehad an expensive year over here fixing things up

but 290 ummmm

Should this really be in the Travel Section...................oh yes, she travelled !

Finnair's fleet is slowly being replaced; check out on the type of plane first.

True but the flight attendants are not. Watched them heading to board a plane at Swampy recently and a more disheveled grumpy looking lot would be hard to imagine. IMHO they need the food trollies to hold onto for support. Flight crews probably second to none in competence but cabin crew seem to spend half the time asleep on long haul. You wondered why so cheap, goes via Helsinki but a lot of Finns choose other carriers in my experience.

I flew BKK-HEL-MAN economy on Finnair last month. The cost was £253 one way.

BKK-HEL was a fairly new Airbus with seat back IFE. Meals were provided at the beginning and end of the flight, with alcohol included free of charge (outside of meal times it was chargeable - not a problem for me).

The quick transfer in Helsinki posed no difficulty as staff expedited those transfer passengers through security in what is a small airport.

HEL-MAN was operated by code-share partner Flybe, it was no frills but the plane seemed quite new and was half empy.

For the price paid, I was delighted.