Retired At 40

airbornediver

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I hadn't read this thread on this forum, I could have sworn I could have heard it eavesdropping at the Texxan or similar at Washington Square.The distinctive syntax is all too familiar.On a serious note although this guy obviously isn't 100% disability I congratulate him on beating the system.

ok people lets kill this off before it gets WAY out of hand ok as when people read something it can be taken in exactly the wrong way.

this is true story.

i have not mentioned any names here and i never threatened this person but he did threaten me.

he has sent me a pm and as far as im concerned its finished.

i REPEAT THIS STAEMENT THAT IT IS OVER .

THE REFERENCE TO GOING OVER TO HIS PLACE IS BECAUSE HE INVITED ME OVER FOR A DRINK.

THAT IS WHAT I MEANT WHEN I SAID I WAS GOING OVER HIS PLACE FOR A DRINK.

IS THAT PERFECTLY CLEAR TO ALL YOU PEOPLE WHO MIGHT MISINTERPRATE MY POST ?

IF THE PERSON INVOLVED IS THINKING ANYTHING ELSE CAN HE PLEASE PM ME.

he has absolutly nothing to worry about and all you people who choose to stir up trouble i suggest to you to please stay well away from this subject please as you are throwing up innuendo and causing people distress.

anyone is welcome to pm myself if they still have any problems about this issue.

thank you all.

Terry57+1

Is that a threat ?.......

look mate, you just seen what happened regards my bloody post.

someone has come out and stirred up a whole lot of trouble, totally misinterperating it

it only takes one person to take something the wrong way and bingo away we go.

i like to write with a tad of humour because serious posting all the time is frigging boring as bat <deleted> and should be saved for serious posts as theres heaps of them out there.

but look mate im going to have to answer this one strait up and that bores me to tears.

NOW IS EVERY BODY FRIGGING READING THIS AND IF NOT RUN ALONG AND GET YOUR BLOODY GLASSES PLEASE.

THE ANSWER IS NO IM NOT THREATING YOU.

cricky's mate how boring was that?

sorry about having to subject you to a boring answer like that.

cheers terry

ok people lets kill this off before it gets WAY out of hand ok as when people read something it can be taken in exactly the wrong way.

this is true story.

i have not mentioned any names here and i never threatened this person but he did threaten me.

he has sent me a pm and as far as im concerned its finished.

i REPEAT THIS STAEMENT THAT IT IS OVER .

THE REFERENCE TO GOING OVER TO HIS PLACE IS BECAUSE HE INVITED ME OVER FOR A DRINK.

THAT IS WHAT I MEANT WHEN I SAID I WAS GOING OVER HIS PLACE FOR A DRINK.

IS THAT PERFECTLY CLEAR TO ALL YOU PEOPLE WHO MIGHT MISINTERPRATE MY POST ?

IF THE PERSON INVOLVED IS THINKING ANYTHING ELSE CAN HE PLEASE PM ME.

he has absolutly nothing to worry about and all you people who choose to stir up trouble i suggest to you to please stay well away from this subject please as you are throwing up innuendo and causing people distress.

anyone is welcome to pm myself if they still have any problems about this issue.

thank you all.

Try this....... "Mate". :o

post-2707-1155162692_thumb.jpg

On a serious note although this guy obviously isn't 100% disability I congratulate him on beating the system.

None of us are in any position to determine the validity of the OP's American Veterans Affairs-rated disability. It utilizes a system to assess and assign disability percentages that the vast majority of people are completely unfamiliar with and therefore comments regarding whether or not he "beat the system" are totally inappropriate.

someone has come out and stirred up a whole lot of trouble, totally misinterperating it

i like to write with a tad of humour because serious posting all the time is frigging boring as bat <deleted> and should be saved for serious posts as theres heaps of them out there.

My initial post did not accuse you of threatening, it simply reiterated the forum rules.

If anyone on the forum receives a threat, the appropriate thing to do is report it to Admin and Mods. That's it.

There is no humor in threats, giving or receiving.

Edited by sriracha john

Diver - 100% disabled? Scuba diving, hiking? Retired (by what definition) from working or retired from scamming. My father is 100% disabled and permanently retired in Arlington F'n Cemetary, a--hole, I guess he gave his all so you could "retire" early.....

Did you not catch on to the word "Terminal"?? Give the guy a break. You would rather him sit around and bitch all day, rather than go out and make the most of what life he has left?

Sheees some people.

On a serious note although this guy obviously isn't 100% disability I congratulate him on beating the system.

None of us are in any position to determine the validity of the OP's American Veterans Affairs-rated disability. It utilizes a system to assess and assign disability percentages that the vast majority of people are completely unfamiliar with and therefore comments regarding whether or not he "beat the system" are totally inappropriate.

What the OP didn't mention was that he is HIV pos.

That could be the reason he got the disability.

In his first post on TV:

Bob I'm in the same boat. I'm pos and plan on moving to Thailand.
Retirement Visa And Hiv+

Originally, he mentions getting the 100% for various reasons:

I'm 100% for a lot of little things, like gunshot wounds, broke bones, etc. I just kept going back to the doctor complaining about this and that until I finally got it.
Retired At 40

Then, a few hours later, it was because of a terminal condition:

I got 100% because of a terminal conditon mostly.
Retired At 40

So as you can see, there is more to the story than originally met the eye.

A forty year old Vietnam vet ? Didn,t that war finnish 34 years ago?

was the average age realy just six s s s s six? :o

He never said he was injured, or even involved in the Vietnam War. He said he had been travelling in Vietnam previously and wanted to come to Thailand next. :D

I was in Vietnam a few months ago and really liked it there. I do not want to move to Thailand on a permenant basis. I just want to spend maybe 6 or 7 months out the Year in Thailand and Vietnam moving around.

My initial post did not accuse you of threatening, it simply reiterated the forum rules.

If anyone on the forum receives a threat, the appropriate thing to do is report it to Admin and Mods. That's it.

well if thats what you meant why did you even bother posting that rubbish ?

the person involved and myself could of reported this matter to the mods but there was no need as we had it sorted.

that was untill you stepped in with your post which by the way were never asked for and definatly not appreciated.

if you are really concerned for someones well being you can pm them.

i respectively request you to be a bit more considerate and thoughtfull to what your intervention might conjure up in in the readers minds as this sort of thing leads to much conjecture.

further more :

did i ever say thats there's humour in giving threats or recieving threats ? no of course i did'nt !

ive been round long enough to know the forum rules and dont need you to post them on this board putting ideas into peoples minds.

you did'nt know what had been discussed between myself and the person involved as it was all sorted before you came along.

what you have in effect done has thrown up a pile of innuedo inflamming the situation.

ive now had to scramble around puttting out fires contacting youself to explain things to you.

also the person involved has had to contact you to let you now that you were light years away from reality.

thanks for that.

you might have 6000 odd posts up but you still need to think a bit more before engaging in this sort of thing.

well if thats what you meant why did you even bother posting that rubbish ?

forum rules are rubbish? I hazard to guess that Admin/Mods don't share the same view.

ive been round long enough to know the forum rules and dont need you to post them on this board putting ideas into peoples minds.

If you know the forum rules, your post regarding a threat didn't reflect it.

you did'nt know what had been discussed between myself and the person involved as it was all sorted before you came along.

what you have in effect done has thrown up a pile of innuedo inflamming the situation.

That was what you did, to anyone not "in" on your little joke, with your initial description regarding the threat.

ive now had to scramble around puttting out fires contacting youself to explain things to you.

Hopefully then, you've learned your lesson then regarding the seriousness of posting about threats. They are not to be taken lightly.

Thank you for your future cooperation with complying with forum rules.

A forty year old Vietnam vet ? Didn,t that war finnish 34 years ago?

was the average age realy just six s s s s six? :o

He never said he was injured, or even involved in the Vietnam War. He said he had been travelling in Vietnam previously and wanted to come to Thailand next. :D

I was in Vietnam a few months ago and really liked it there. I do not want to move to Thailand on a permenant basis. I just want to spend maybe 6 or 7 months out the Year in Thailand and Vietnam moving around.

Sorry should have made myself clear , my point was to the poster that brought up the Vietnam vet idea.

apologies to the op :D

Kind of funny that you put the word threating in bold font then.

I wasn't accusing "him" of making the threat, as he stated in his post that he was the one being threatened.

Sorry should have made myself clear , my point was to the poster that brought up the Vietnam vet idea.

apologies to the op :o

Gotcha.

I had to go back and try to find the post you were referring to, as I was a little confused as to where out of the blue your comment had come from ! :D

Wow....... this mustn't be the US Military I left in 1975.

A social disease wouldn't quality you for a retirement pension back then..........

Maybe it was contracted through a blood transfusion he recieved from the military, we don't know so are unable to judge. anyway good luck.

Wow....... this mustn't be the US Military I left in 1975.

A social disease wouldn't quality you for a retirement pension back then..........

Maybe it was contracted through a blood transfusion he recieved from the military, we don't know so are unable to judge. anyway good luck.

Point taken.......

thanks for that tokyo j and maybe S J will realise that i also read his post that way and im sure that many other posters read it that way as well.

look truly and strait up here, i dont think i could of explained my self any clearer and he still decided to make this post.

it makes no sense to me at all as ive truly tried my hardest to explain this situation.

the amazing part about it was that there was no drama going down at all untill SJ got into it.

i say let him have his moment, just forget it and lets get back into what we do best and thats contributing to this forum.

thanks. terry

Bloody ell. You lot. Like abig bunch of girls. Hes happy. Hes made money from the government and can retire. So what? If you were in his position. what would you do?

thats a brilliant comment mate, but you know the story dont you,

of course they would do the same thing but they will never admit it will they?

just to be fare, i know that id be in there giving it my best shot, especially after being shot and fighting a war that the politicians start.

the politicians start it, sit at home in there aircon offices and send all the young soldures over seas to get destroyed like the poor guy posting.

now he's made a post that has left him self wide open for the boys to give him a kicking.

not all have as he's getting support and i'll let it be know that im with him all the way as this guy has been to hel_l and back.

how can we ever now how much this guy has been through and he's bloody lucky he's still alive.

let him enjoy the rest of his life with his 100% pension, but you think about it a bit ?

after what he has been through i really dont think that he could enjoy it because of flash backs and phycological damage.

i hope he has learn't something about how this forum works as that what i was trying to instill in him from the start before things got side tracked.

some people misinterprate posts and its easy as that.

good luck to him.

cheers

To the OP: congratulations on your deal with the government there, and sorry to hear about the HIV thing... seems to be a good news-bad news scenario as one might imagine it would be for 100% disability. Maybe all the drama in your life will go away once you're over here in the land of vertical smiles... then again, maybe not. Best of luck to you either way, and please - especially in light of your STD status - don't forget to wrap that rascal when you're enjoying the companionship of the local lasses.

Speaking of drama... terry57 old mate, you're a real top fella from what I read of your writings, but crikey, can you dial back the dosage on the espresso please bro, because you just ain't acting like your good natured self these days.

You've been giving out some real top advice to all us poor rummies here on the forum, how to deal with our love lives, how to stay away from the bar girls and all the crackin bleedin slappers and sheilas and the like, and I really do enjoy reading your work but crikes, I'd hate to see you pull your groin muscle all out of whack on one of those fancy kickboxing moves and then not be able to make your fine contributions to this forum any more.

Cheers old mate, and it's probably none of my concern anyways, so as you were and never mind me and my foolish self.

:o

To the OP: congratulations on your deal with the government there, and sorry to hear about the HIV thing... seems to be a good news-bad news scenario as one might imagine it would be for 100% disability. Maybe all the drama in your life will go away once you're over here in the land of vertical smiles... then again, maybe not. Best of luck to you either way, and please - especially in light of your STD status - don't forget to wrap that rascal when you're enjoying the companionship of the local lasses.

Speaking of drama... terry57 old mate, you're a real top fella from what I read of your writings, but crikey, can you dial back the dosage on the espresso please bro, because you just ain't acting like your good natured self these days.

You've been giving out some real top advice to all us poor rummies here on the forum, how to deal with our love lives, how to stay away from the bar girls and all the crackin bleedin slappers and sheilas and the like, and I really do enjoy reading your work but crikes, I'd hate to see you pull your groin muscle all out of whack on one of those fancy kickboxing moves and then not be able to make your fine contributions to this forum any more.

Cheers old mate, and it's probably none of my concern anyways, so as you were and never mind me and my foolish self.

jing jing,

look im going to tell you strait up and no bull--shiting around here,

i am a real top fella and got a lot of really top mates.

first of all im going to deal with what you said to me and i respect you no end for having the brain matter to deal with the issue up front and may i go further whil'st were having a top chat like this.

not every body likes my strait forward missile busting reply's and you dont have to be a freaking brain surgeon to work that one out.

but let me say this loud and clear so no one has any doub't to what im all about .

love me or hate me i have only one reason to contribute to this forum and that is to be very honest with all the punters and convey my true feelings.

i never sit on the fence as that pathetic and not worth living for.

now im not stupid and i know that i pi--ss some people of but that is not my concern as the people that are with me are my true friends and im never left guessing ?

i never consider my opinion to be the only one, and im always up for a bit of verbal sparing, good natured banter and im never scared to back down if im proven wrong.

this is strait up, meadish and myself are on very good terms as when im a bit hot headed and made a post that is putting myself very close to the edge i get strait on to him explaining what i have done and always apologising for my top self.

cricky's mate meadish must be sick and tired of hearing from me but i respect meadish and think he's a cracker fella.

but i got to be truthfull, when meadish put me in the sin bin, and id only been posting for 5 days mind you, i didn't think he was a top fella at all.

now i cant say that here as id be banned for life but that's the amazing thing about us humans is that we are forgiving and have the brain matter to work things out.

meadish was strait up with me, layed down the rules and we have been good mates ever since.

he just pm'ed me to tell me he's on holidays so hows that for mending fences.

my golden rule is never to personally attack anybody, threaten or generally be disrespectfull.

we are all human beings and most people try to do the right thing but i got to tell you my old mate your observations of my good self are spot on and you have obviously be following my top protificatings.

now when i first started posting i had some fairly strong views of the bar girls.

now being the intelligent handsome and totally middle of the road guy i am id thought id be fair to all involved and blow the lid of this topic once and for all.

i posed a very intelligent, straight up truthfull question to the posters, to give me some bleeding peace.

that being : " why would an intelligent succesfull farang marry a bar girl "

now jing jing my top buddy and very learn'ed friend, what do you think happened ?

look stop straining your brain and just listen up a bit will you.

cricky's mate it blew this forum sky frigging high, and i come close to picking up gold for this little cracker question of mine.

i was getting that many p/m's that my computer through a rod and i had to go down to that top internet cafe on rambuttri street.

my question got 394 freaking reply's before some dickwad abused my good friend dave and jai dee had to pull it.

i learnt that much about the bar girls that ive done a 360 degree turn around.

i was wrong and they truly are genuine nice people only trying to make a living dealing with some horrible punters at times.

there not all good but the same as all off us as some of us punters are <deleted> as well.

anyway getting back to your original question as to whats going on with my good natured self.

ive had a few problems with someone misreading my post and ive had to turn serious and deal with the issue head on .

now your not blind mate and you can see what ive had to deal with.

i was going to get right into him but speaking with you has done the world of good as im feeling absolutely brilliant again.

thanks jing jing,

your a little ripper mate and your welcome to have a drink with my awesome self anytime you wish.

cheers buddy :o