Over 50% of African-Americans expect relations with police to worsen: Study

webfact

The guy was openly selling drugs on the street! Illegally! Dangerous drugs that kill more people than any other 'street' drug.

Sorry, but that's just a laughably stupid comment. Yes, nicotine is a drug, as is alcohol, and yes, nicotine probably kills more people than illegal drugs. However, both nicotine and alcohol are legal. The only illegality here was that the cigarettes were untaxed, a fact that I'm sure the Tea Party would applaud. But I find it interesting that there is not an equal amount of outrage targeted at the CEO's, hedge fund managers, and investment bankers who have stolen, and continue to steal, billions, ILLEGALLY, and are not given so much as a slap on the wrist. Granted that Garner was engaging in illegal activity, and granted that he resisted arrest. However, it still stands that the chokehold used on Garner was banned, and the coroner ruled that the chokehold was the precipitating cause of his death. But because this was a street person, because he lacked money and power, the cop gets away with it. Had the same cop done the same thing with the same result, but the victim had been a highly placed (white) investment banker, or a (white) politician, perhaps resisting arrest after a drunk driving incident, I guarantee that the grand jury would have returned an indictment. Meanwhile the robber barons continue unabated, and unchallenged. Justice? Surely you jest.

Perhaps you may want to read some more facts on the story.

Eric Garner Criminal Past Emerges: 30 Arrests In 34 Years, Including Assault

Eric Garner Criminal Past Emerges: 30 Arrests In 34 Year...
Eric Garner had a criminal past. That’s just one of the new reveals in a post from conservative media site Newsmax and another from the Wall Street
Preview by Yahoo

Mr Garner had a long track record as a felon and I'm sure the officers were well aware of this at the time. While selling cigarettes without proper taxation is not a major offence the police do not have a choice when catching some one committing a crime of whether to arrest or not. By the way the supervising officer at the arrest was a black woman (because everyone knows color of skin is more important than any other facts) who was in control of the scene. Mr Garner just got out on parole so probably was not looking forward to being thrown back in jail and decided to resist. Cops do have the right to go home to their families at night. I'm sure none of them wanted a prolonged wrestling match with an extremely large man, so the object was to disable him quickly, it's easy to say they should have done this or that not even being there. I'm sure with your Barney Fife-like stature you would have just walked up and pinched him by the earlobe and said come along resulting in his immediate compliance. His death is unfortunate and avoidable, they could have taken him down in a different way and he could have just simply complied with the police and accepted the fact he got caught and he would no doubt be alive today.

Analogies to "CEO's, hedge fund managers, and investment bankers who have stolen" are ludicrous. I'm sure cops would love to arrest them. They get off because of high priced lawyers, a judicial system and the politicians that back them from both parties. Cops are just trying to do a job, they make mistakes. Grand juries who make these decisions are made up of american citizens who according to you are all racists since you guarantee if the criminal was white and had some position they would get off. As an American citizen I salute you, just one finger is enough for you.

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

A whole generation of black youth have been betrayed by both black and white liberals and the PC brigade who have a turned their non compliance with the rules of society, a chip on shoulder attitude, hostility to education, hostility to white culture, discipline and dress sense, education etc into a sense of entitlement to be unpleasant and uncooperative. The chip on shoulder attitude inherent to modern black youth culture has been sold as political consciousness. They have been conned. And all too often it is the police who have to deal with them as their parents couldn't or wouldn't and their teachers couldn't, and their peer group subculture the toxic Rap and Hip Hop culture turned them into unemployables whose badge of style is showing their underpants and wearing a hat back to front. We need to salute the officials who have to deal with these anti-social elements. Both in the UK, the USA and other places they destroy communities.

Actually it is more like the last 2-3 generations of young black men and women in the U.S. and it is sad that the Dems have replaced the slave Plantations of 150 years ago with the Welfare plantation of the modern era sad.png It is sad but it does work, 97% of blacks vote Democrat in elections and they will likely continue to, just give them more welfare bennies and take away any chance they have of standing on their own feet and thereby thinking for themselves.ohmy.png.pagespeed.ce.shABmucp9TdLTYcW9f It's kind of like the old African monkey trap where there is a small hole carved out of a tree and then some rice is placed deep in the hole, the monkey comes along and squeezes his hand into the hole and grabs a handful of that tempting rice but with the rice in his hand he cannot get his hand out of the hole and because the rice is so tempting he wont let go and then the hunters come along and get the monkey thumbsup.gif The amazing thing is that it was a liberal Democrat (Sen. Daniel Patrick Moynihan) who predicted that this breakup of the traditional black family and the discipline and values that use to exist would occur when LBJ started the Great society welfare programs. He wrote a masterful thesis while he worked in the Dept of Labor in the Kennedy administration well before he became a U.S. Senator known as the Moynihan report and he expanded on this thesis when he ran the Harvard-MIT joint center for urban studies in the mid 60's.

• Like 1

How many of these "African-Americans" could even point to Africa on a map.

Perhaps if they thought of themselves as Americans they might be more accepted.

Once you start down that road it's a slippery slope,

Jewish Americans

Dutch Americans

Irish Americans

Italian Americans

Etc.,

It's a pity you can write but not read your own writing.

Jewish Americans

Dutch Americans

Irish Americans

Italian Americans

Etc...

Are and Must be first and above all - Americans!

They All must live by American Laws.

This Must include Afro-Americans - whether they like it or not.

Those who do not like it are free to go back to wherever they come from.

Or "expect bad relations with Police" - even get shot occasionally. No big drama.

Jewish Americans

Dutch Americans

Irish Americans

Italian Americans

Etc...

Or "expect bad relations with Police" - even get shot occasionally. No big drama.

I've never met a Jewish American who thought of themself as American first and Jewish second!

I've never met a Jewish American who thought of themself as American first and Jewish second!

That might because you are - apparently - British. I've never met a Jewish American who thought of themselves as Jewish first and American second and I lived in America for most of my life.

• Like 1

Jewish Americans

Dutch Americans

Irish Americans

Italian Americans

Etc...

BritManToo,

I assume you are British - correct me if wrong.

Being British Too - you must be something else? I wonder what?

And I wonder if you are first and above all British?

If the answer to the last question is 'yes' - we have no argument here.

If, however your answer to the last question is 'no' - take care!

Your life is in danger in GB as British Police must do their job just like US Police does.

I am not being personal. I mean no offence. My position is clear and I can repeat it once more:

Americans of all origins - must live by American Laws.

If they find their original culture does not allow this - they better go to their origins.

The same applies to Brits, French, Germans, Russians, Italians, etc.

NOTE, I am not American! Visited US for about 6 weeks. Not being an expert on American ways and 'Americanism'

I have seen many Afro-Americans who IMHO belong in Africa.

Luckily it is not my business. But the concept is right: you either belong or not!

• Like 2

Once you start down that road it's a slippery slope,

Jewish Americans

Dutch Americans

Irish Americans

Italian Americans

Etc.,

I've never heard of "Dutch Americans" in my life.

Amish, usually referred to as 'Dutchies' by the locals (although usually they are of German descent).

That's because the immigration officers couldn't speak German and to them "deutsch" sounded like Dutch. True story. The Amish are deutsch.

Relations between blacks and cops will never get ny beter as long as blacks continue to break the law, then refuse arrresting policeman's orders. It is blacks doing the majority of the crime, blacks resisting arrest, blacks burning their ghetto businessses down and calling or others to burn them down too. Blcks are the only ones seen to loot and riot ater a black is killed by a white. White's don't act out when a cop arrests them and they don't burn the neighborhood down and loot markets and steal everything they can carry off, when a white man is shot by the cops. Hispanics dont do this lawless behavior either, so the black question is why do you do it and then blame it on the cops. Until blacks become law abiding citizens insteead of law breaking burning and looting thugs, and until they respect the tough jobs the cops do every day, race relations will continue to fester and race baiting blacks like Al sharpton will continue to stir the pot.

I agree with the majority of Americans that do not think that race was a major factor in either of the grand jury rulings, but I do think that some sort of charges should have been prosecuted in the Eric Garner case. However, I think that their is a good chance that the police would have been acquitted.

Charges? Well, Garner would have been charged with selling untaxed cigarettes and resisting arrest (not unlike his other 30 arrests) but he died from a heart attack in the ambulance (due to his total disregard for his own health and life, not from a chokehold as you mentioned). However there was one charge loosely connected to this case. The videographer was found in possession of an illegal handgun last week and charged accordingly. I would like to charge you with the responsibility of arresting a man intent on not being taken into custody who is 6'3" and 400lbs. Until you do that, you can just start thanking police for doing a job that must be done by someone with guts enough to get it done.

And remove your pinned quote about sleeping under the protection of brave men while your at it because you obviously don't really believe it.

• Like 1