Soldiers confiscate 'Thaksin Strawberry Jam'

webfact

To the point where vendors that sell jam with a squared faced logo have their goods confiscated and their store demolished by the militairy ? No rubl, that sort of thing doesn't happen in the Netherlands, and if it did, the judicial system would deal with it, as in the Netherlands the government police and other organisations aren't above the law, unlike the current lot here.

In the Netherlands the police would order the vendor with his makeshift store to remove all or have it removed for him as it is not allowed to just setup a makeshift store along the road. Furthermore the goods might be confiscated if the exact contents isn't clearly indicated and in the local language. Also the vendor may be called in by the Tax Authorities to clarify his tax declaration.

That's how things are dealt with in the Netherlands.

Now stop provoking, please

Nah Rubl, that's an exaggeration and you know it. After all, in the Netherlands the police have to follow the law to the letter, otherwise they face justice.

Now let's go back to the boys in uniform here, what part of Thai law gives them the right to demolish a store and confiscate the products. Or are square faced logos a matter of national security ?

I am not provoking Rubl, I wouldn't dare. Neither was the store owner of course.

Of course he was provoking.. he is the local UDD leader.. and has this logo.. come one even a blind man can see.

The military government are so terrified of Thaksin. It shows how weak they are.

Yeah really...

Who's running the country, and who's living in the desert?

Who was democratically elected and who seized power through military coup? Why do so many TV posters wish on Thailand what they wouldn't want back in their home country?

• Like 1

To the point where vendors that sell jam with a squared faced logo have their goods confiscated and their store demolished by the militairy ? No rubl, that sort of thing doesn't happen in the Netherlands, and if it did, the judicial system would deal with it, as in the Netherlands the government police and other organisations aren't above the law, unlike the current lot here.

In the Netherlands the police would order the vendor with his makeshift store to remove all or have it removed for him as it is not allowed to just setup a makeshift store along the road. Furthermore the goods might be confiscated if the exact contents isn't clearly indicated and in the local language. Also the vendor may be called in by the Tax Authorities to clarify his tax declaration.

Nah Rubl, that's an exaggeration and you know it. After all, in the Netherlands the police have to follow the law to the letter, otherwise they face justice.

Now let's go back to the boys in uniform here, what part of Thai law gives them the right to demolish a store and confiscate the products. Or are square faced logos a matter of national security ?

I am not provoking Rubl, I wouldn't dare. Neither was the store owner of course.

Of course he was provoking.. he is the local UDD leader.. and has this logo.. come one even a blind man can see.

So in Holland he would also be considered to be provoking ih he sold jam with a picture of Balkenende or Kok ?

I did see the logo, but cannot understand how this would even remotely be provocative. It's just a happy squared faced little guy. In fact one could say that the storeowner is proclaiming happiness in line with the remarks form Thailand's dear leader about how all Thais are happy.

The storeowner should be commended for following the dear leader's advice and wishes.

So in Holland he would also be considered to be provoking ih he sold jam with a picture of Balkenende or Kok ?

Are we in Holland ? No we are not. Did Holland have convicted criminal lead a country by proxy ? No I dont think so. Did we get close to civil war in Holland.. no .. Did the government in Holland allow terrorist to kill anti government protesters.. no also not.

So all in all.. not a comparable situation.

• Like 1

"Who is also a local coordinator of the United Front of Democracy Against Dictatorship (UDD)"

Pull the other one, mate, you have noooooo idea why the soldiers took away your products.

Just disappointed they didn't take you in for some "correction" that you badly need.

Last time I check there was no law against him selling these products with these logo's. So who is breaking the law, him or the people that illegally confiscated his products ? His political views should have no influence on how the law is enforced. If this was a yellow shirt supporter and this happened under the previous government what would your comments have been, police state, thugs etc etc ?

Martial law, they are the Army. They can do whatever they like, and whatever laws there may or may not be are irrelevant.

That's why martial law ain't going away anytime soon.

Are we in Holland ? No we are not. Did Holland have convicted criminal lead a country by proxy ? No I dont think so. Did we get close to civil war in Holland.. no .. Did the government in Holland allow terrorist to kill anti government protesters.. no also not.

Not sure if there is any evidence that the Thai government let terrorists kill "peaceful protestors" but even if they did, what relevance does it have with idiots getting offended or provoked over a logo of a happy squared faced guy ?

Apparently would he have had a Hitler logo, all would be alright as alocacoc's post seems to be alluding to. You cannot make stuff like this up, you really can't.

Edited by sjaak327
  • Like 1

Not sure if there is any evidence that the Thai government let terrorists kill "peaceful protestors" but even if they did, what relevance does it have with idiots getting offended or provoked over a logo of a happy squared faced guy ?

Apparently would he have had a Hitler logo, all would be alright as alocacoc's post seems to be alluding to. You cannot make stuff like this up, you really can't.

What would you think if he simply had sold jam with a peaceful picture of a hand showing 3 fingers? Nothing do with Thailand in the widest sense of the word.

Edited by Anthony5

What would you think if he simply had sold jam with a peaceful picture of a hand showing 3 fingers? Nothing do with Thailand in the widest sense of the word.

Again not a smart thing to do.. these are form of resistance to the junta. What do you expect them to sit back.. of course not they are in power and will crush opposition. They are here partly to make sure Thaksin never comes back.

But come guys you can logically see it too. The guy is one UDD leader and selling jam with a logo that looks like Thaksin. That is provocation and him acting innocent. biggrin.png

I am happy the junta is here and I hope they break the red shirts for good. Then there finally maybe some peace in Thailand. I would have preferred it an other way, but having seen how the government let the redshirts kill protesters and never found anyone and when the army came to power they were found with connections to the reds. That is more than coincidence.

They should have controlled their terrorists or better yet they should never have gone for the Thaksin amnesty. Then you red supporters would all be still happy.

Again not a smart thing to do.. these are form of resistance to the junta. What do you expect them to sit back.. of course not they are in power and will crush opposition. They are here partly to make sure Thaksin never comes back.

But come guys you can logically see it too. The guy is one UDD leader and selling jam with a logo that looks like Thaksin. That is provocation and him acting innocent. biggrin.png

I am happy the junta is here and I hope they break the red shirts for good. Then there finally maybe some peace in Thailand. I would have preferred it an other way, but having seen how the government let the redshirts kill protesters and never found anyone and when the army came to power they were found with connections to the reds. That is more than coincidence.

They should have controlled their terrorists or better yet they should never have gone for the Thaksin amnesty. Then you red supporters would all be still happy.

Three fingers are a symbol of a popular international movie.

Resistance to the junta? Does the opposition leader has 3 fingers, or does the junta leader have?

Oh, now I get it this "democratic" government determines what you see, hear and talk about. Very democratic I have to say.

Resistance to the junta? Does the opposition leader has 3 fingers, or does the junta leader have?

Oh, now I get it this "democratic" government determines what you see, hear and talk about. Very democratic I have to say.

This is a junta.. they are not democratic. I support them but everyone know they are not democratic.

All I hear are a bunch of numbnuts criticizing my comment but have failed to provide any facts to substantiate their claims. I was just voicing an opinion hoping that someone could clarify but I see that all I have done is brought out people that cannot clarify but can only be verbally abusive. You should all really learn to grow up and stop acting like 1st grade special education students.

This is a junta.. they are not democratic. I support them but everyone know they are not democratic.

How can someone who isn't democratic be able to claim that his only intention is to bring back democracy to a country facepalm.gif

How can someone who isn't democratic be able to claim that his only intention is to bring back democracy to a country facepalm.gif

Your a funny guy.. how do you think democracies are made.. they don't start from nothing. Sometimes the start from conflict or conquest. Democracy was failing here because of Thaksin and his red thugs. You know the ones that killed kids and his supporters cheered on stage about the attacks.

Isn't that what happened in 2006?

So you agree that this is just a repeat of history?

So you agree that someone who isn't democratic is able to claim that his only intention to bring back democracy?

"Who is also a local coordinator of the United Front of Democracy Against Dictatorship (UDD)"

Pull the other one, mate, you have noooooo idea why the soldiers took away your products.

Just disappointed they didn't take you in for some "correction" that you badly need.

Last time I check there was no law against him selling these products with these logo's. So who is breaking the law, him or the people that illegally confiscated his products ? His political views should have no influence on how the law is enforced. If this was a yellow shirt supporter and this happened under the previous government what would your comments have been, police state, thugs etc etc ?

Martial law, they are the Army. They can do whatever they like, and whatever laws there may or may not be are irrelevant.

That's why martial law ain't going away anytime soon.

Martial law is only a law if its used to maintain law and order, not to break the "common" accepted laws within a country. If its used to break the "common" law and to oppress people with different political views than that of the government it becomes a crime against humanity.

Your a funny guy.. how do you think democracies are made.. they don't start from nothing. Sometimes the start from conflict or conquest. Democracy was failing here because of Thaksin and his red thugs. You know the ones that killed kids and his supporters cheered on stage about the attacks.

Why don't you just answer my question?

I understand that it may start from conflict or conquest, but you always need someone with democratic ideas to start it. You just said that the current government isn't democratic.

Convicted by whom? Oh, that's right..the judges put in place by the (can't use the word, begins with J). Close to civil war? When was that? Do you mean a few old fascists on megaphones protecting their birthrights? Oh, that civil war.You lot can't (or refuse to, due to being fascists) see the fact that the yellows were allowed to take over airports etc with more or less no action taken as the army refused point blank to help the elected (key word that) government. The reds had a demo in BKK. A few did get out of hand, but around 90 people died (as the army were not gonna allow that lot their say of course), most of them peaceful protesters. Hundreds were injured. Many seriously.

Keep drinking the Kool Aid. Maybe you don't need to, being a proud fascist and all. Good luck with that if you're in Thailand right now. Perhaps you'll see the other side of that coin.

Do I love Thaksin? No. I think he's part of Thailand's problems rather than solutions. However, what you or I think should be irrelevant. The Thais on the other hand, would probably vote him in tomorrow and who am I (or you) to argue with what the people want?

• Like 2

There current laws don't allow politics. Having Thaksin on the labels is politics.