Soldiers confiscate 'Thaksin Strawberry Jam'

webfact

Interesting choice of words :

" preventing Thaksin from interfering in politics"

" the only chance they have of stopping Thaksin from interfering"

That's kinda the point. Politicians should work for the people (I know this isn't ironclad. But it does happen sometimes)

Politicians, Prime Ministers and ex Prime Ministers (who have stated many times to never get involved with politics again) should not INTERFERE in politics. It's the main reason we're here now!

And you honestly believe the people that are currently running the show are doing it for the people. Those very same people that they took quite a few rights away from, these people ?

Get out of here please.

• Like 1

So to recap, a totally innocent non-obstructing by non-cooperation UDD coordinator display some interesting logo, gets his stuff confiscated and suggest it may be because the square face resembles Thaksin somewhat.

The guy is totally innocent off course. Also a bit dumb. Selling sweet stuff he should have put a Thai doll on the label, a picture resembling the Isaan darling. Surely even soldiers would appreciate that.

Dear Rubl, I am sure the guy isn't innocent. What this does show is that the guy is quite a bit smarter as the people who confiscated his goods and destroyed his stall.

If they would have used their brains and simply ignored the little square faced man label, no-one would have known about it.

But hey, they cannot help themselves, so keep them coming I say.

Sometimes it seems the worst enemy of the Junta isn't Thaksin, Red shirts or people like me, but their own actions.

Edited by sjaak327
  • Like 1

The military government are so terrified of Thaksin. It shows how weak they are.

My signature line was written just for people like you.

Ok. And what sense are you talking to me?

Or if you're referring to the Einstein quote, there is little to nothing I can do as a foreigner here. And before you suggest 'leave' I like my life here and I like everyday people. It's the elites at the top on both sides that rile me smile.png

"Who is also a local coordinator of the United Front of Democracy Against Dictatorship (UDD)"

Pull the other one, mate, you have noooooo idea why the soldiers took away your products.

Just disappointed they didn't take you in for some "correction" that you badly need.

what correction does a local coordinator of a political party need or deserve so 'badly'?

Pichit is one of my favorite fanatics from the terrorist RCM51 terrorist group in Chiang Mai. He took a leaf out of Plodprasops book by stimulating the belief in the eyes of the red shirts that CM is a country and a law unto themselves when he stated "Don?t cause troubles to the people, otherwise the waves of the mass will surely go out and counter them,". He stated he would go down to Bangkok and "take the law into his own hands". This was coming from a guy whose organization had no problems causing trouble by violently attacking gays, killing DJ's fathers or attacking anyone else that disagreed with the terrorist ethos in CM.

This epitomizes how far the UDD have come. Selling jam with pictures of thaksin on the label.

Of course some things never change. The blatant lies. "the Thaksin logo is merely a cartoon that bears no political statement." This is coming from a man that would have allowed his minions to die for that cartoon!

• Like 2

Pichit is one of my favorite fanatics from the terrorist RCM51 terrorist group in Chiang Mai. He took a leaf out of Plodprasops book by stimulating the belief in the eyes of the red shirts that CM is a country and a law unto themselves when he stated "Don?t cause troubles to the people, otherwise the waves of the mass will surely go out and counter them,". He stated he would go down to Bangkok and "take the law into his own hands". This was coming from a guy whose organization had no problems causing trouble by violently attacking gays, killing DJ's fathers or attacking anyone else that disagreed with the terrorist ethos in CM.

This epitomizes how far the UDD have come. Selling jam with pictures of thaksin on the label.

Of course some things never change. The blatant lies. "the Thaksin logo is merely a cartoon that bears no political statement." This is coming from a man that would have allowed his minions to die for that cartoon!

If all the UDD does is selling jam with a square faced guy, I guess marshal law can be revoked now.

• Like 1

Dear leader is just pissed off, people have been ordered to love, respect and cherish him only. Had it been a logo depicting him then there would not be an issue. Jealousy eats away at some people and with his popularity falling and rumours of a counter coup within his ranks the guy is terrified of losing his country.

• Like 1

If all the UDD does is selling jam with a square faced guy, I guess marshal law can be revoked now.

No no no, Marshall law is there because otherwise the PM being so popular he and BKK would be overwhelmed with crowds cheering in the streets.

All Strawberry T products proceeds go to the peoples front of Judia or was that the Judian peoples front ? i forget now.

Edited by englishoak
  • Like 1

No no no, Marshall law is there because otherwise the PM being so popular he and BKK would be overwhelmed with crowds cheering in the streets.

All Strawberry T products proceeds go to the peoples front of Judia or was that the Judian peoples front ? i forget now.

Splitters.

Now Mr T/S haters out there, don't get your knickers in a twist,

The facts are, The soldiers did not give their rank, (REQUIARD) did not give any documents (REQUIARED), did not give a reason for confiscating the products , isn't that required even under martial law? he proprietor had all correct documents and registrations, HE FOLLOWED THE LAW!!!! how many businesses do you know that aren't registed, un-documented, and not following the law and therefore not paying taxes????????????????

AREN'T THREY REQUIARED TO? BLOODY WELL YES!!!

he was shut down because of his political views and that is all, regardless of any affiliation to any group, try that in a regular country and see how you go in a court of law,

Seems the soldiers could be in a bit of a JAM if this to much traction in the media.

Keep repressing a people and guess what, you reap what you sow.

The facts are, The soldiers did not give their rank, (REQUIARD) did not give any documents (REQUIARED), did not give a reason for confiscating the products , isn't that required even under martial law? he proprietor had all correct documents and registrations, HE FOLLOWED THE LAW!!!! how many businesses do you know that aren't registed, un-documented, and not following the law and therefore not paying taxes????????????????

he was shut down because of his political views and that is all, regardless of any affiliation to any group, try that in a regular country and see how you go in a court of law,

Seems the soldiers could be in a bit of a JAM if this to much traction in the media.

Pichet said so, so it must be true.

... and indeed he reaped what he sowed.

Dear Rubl, I am sure the guy isn't innocent. What this does show is that the guy is quite a bit smarter as the people who confiscated his goods and destroyed his stall.

If they would have used their brains and simply ignored the little square faced man label, no-one would have known about it.

But hey, they cannot help themselves, so keep them coming I say.

Sometimes it seems the worst enemy of the Junta isn't Thaksin, Red shirts or people like me, but their own actions.

So, Pichit was provoking ?

Anyway, you're right. I doubt the NCPO sees you, not even as (worst) enemy.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

There is no evidence that this operation even took place. Could Pichit be making this story up just to discredit those he see's as the emery.

Please look at the news link with this picture:

post-171049-0-32751000-1418180730_thumb.

Edited by rickirs

djjamie, lets look at the facts, is there a law against having Mr T/S face on a label? I don't think so,,,

I refer you to post #136, there you will read the facts,

Now I ask you if it were any one else's face on the label, would they have done the same thing? c'mon now, answer truthfully, you can do it.

By the way, GO THE HAWKSw00t.gif

djjamie, lets look at the facts, is there a law against having Mr T/S face on a label? I don't think so,,,

Now I ask you if it were any one else's face on the label, would they have done the same thing? c'mon now, answer truthfully, you can do it.

Martial law basically stops anything political. Anything about Thaksin is political, especially when it's a UDD leader.

If it was Suthep's face on the label I would expect that they would do the same thing. I don't think we're going to find out though.

One thing I can agree with ... GO THE HAWKS.

Dear leader is just pissed off, people have been ordered to love, respect and cherish him only. Had it been a logo depicting him then there would not be an issue. Jealousy eats away at some people and with his popularity falling and rumours of a counter coup within his ranks the guy is terrified of losing his country.

sir

A man talking sense.

Sir

This IS A TYPICAL MILITARY OPERATION, NO LAW FOR THEM. The PM is responsible for this lawlessness.

Martial law basically stops anything political. Anything about Thaksin is political, especially when it's a UDD leader.

If it was Suthep's face on the label I would expect that they would do the same thing. I don't think we're going to find out though.

One thing I can agree with ... GO THE HAWKS.

C'mon mate really you think O'L Sutheps face on a jam jar would sell? Naaaahhh,

then it would not be in the right area for his face on an item for sale unless it T/P then sure you'd sell out rather quickly I should imagine

and even if it were, in the right place I seriously don't think that it would be removed.

Yeah many would agree that an image of Mr T's mug could be considered a political statement, but fair suck of the sav, it's a real stretch.

But at least you show good taste in ya footy team, cheers

Edited by aussieinthailand

No, it may epitomize where what they have become, but it shows marshal law to be very effective and a good idea. This jam seller has already shown his lack of respect for the law and love for violence.

Without it the fanatical 7% may well come out again and innocent people may die.

I would rather spilt jam on the street than spilt blood as would the majority. Unless you refer to an election over 3 years ago.

Edited by djjamie

Interesting choice of words :

" preventing Thaksin from interfering in politics"

" the only chance they have of stopping Thaksin from interfering"

That's kinda the point. Politicians should work for the people (I know this isn't ironclad. But it does happen sometimes)

Politicians, Prime Ministers and ex Prime Ministers (who have stated many times to never get involved with politics again) should not INTERFERE in politics. It's the main reason we're here now!

And you honestly believe the people that are currently running the show are doing it for the people. Those very same people that they took quite a few rights away from, these people ?

Get out of here please.

Honestly. Not sure. Time will tell on that.

But I do think that the coup was the only option at the time. And I do think that most of the politicians in Thailand are politicians primarily to line their families pockets.

• Like 1