Koh Tao murder trial date brought forward by 2 months

Lite Beer

I do think the Burmese are not guilty and for a reason.

I have not seen one piece of evidence to surgest they killed or raped.

They were on the beach that night, they have never denied that. But, there were many people on that beach.

I believe Sean was at the very least a witness to these murders, and personally believe he was involved to a far greater level. Why was he threatened with his life? Why did he leave the Island quickly with the assistance of the local police? Cover up that's why, not for Sean personally, but to keep Seans friends out of the spotlight.

I have stated that it would be an act of evil for Thailand to convict and execute the two Burmese suspects for this crime.

I would like to make a correction.

It would be an act of EVIL for the Thai and British Governments to allow these two men to be scapegoats for the murder of the two British victims.

David Cameron hang your head in shame, if you consider yourself a decent human being, please intervene. Release the details of the British Police Report to the Burmese defence lawyers immediately.

The two Burmese deserve a fair and honest trial. They are not getting that!

Mr Cameron, Please help!

You don't want a trial, fair or otherwise, you have already decided they are innocent.

As you have already decided they are guilty, then I suppose it doesn't matter if they get a trial, fair or otherwise

As you have already decided they are guilty, then I suppose it doesn't matter if they get a trial, fair or otherwise

No, I haven't decided they are guilty, I'm waiting for the development of the trial and to see how the evidence pans out.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

DM07 you know too much! Seriously, my sense of humour is all I have to keep me sain. I have posted for months on these murders and really I want closure, I want it erased from my mind. Those graphic photos haunt me. R.I.P Hannah. R.I.P David you are angels in heaven now. I'm still going back to Koh Tao the murder or murderers want stop me. I love the island too. Heal Koh Tao. Heal people of Koh Tao. Amen
Heal the people of KT you say ... Rather put them "away" - <deleted> stinking Island-people. How many on stinky KT know the real truth about these horrific crimes and keep their cowardmouth shut ?

As other people suggest: Sink this hellhole of an Island in Ocean - hope you can get a drink with some murderers there and support their criminal economy, have an awful trip and dont get yourself killed ...

You seem to be ignoring the fact that there is a high probability that the 2 Burmese men in custody are the murderers.
Get your facts right there is no high probability at all that is your opinion which is worth nothing.

My opinion is not based on conspiracy theories.

In the absence of an accurate trial your opinion is just a different conspiracy theory. You are not claiming to be an eye witness, we are all privy to the same snippets of information, interpretation is down to the individual. Not everybody has or wants the luxury of living their lives through an internet forum. Whether you kill the occasional 10 minutes or make it your raison d'etre to prove and score points on here, none of us witnesses, you can choose to promote your opinions 24/7 they are still built on the distinct lack of real evidence that made the prosecutor return the case numerous times.

What exactly is the conspiracy theory you suggest I am promoting?

You report you believe 2 small Burmese men driven purely by passion raped and murdered two physically larger people as the most likely scenario. Given that you have no evidence and you did not see the event you are basing your theory on what you read and how you choose to interpret what you read. The smoking gun appears to be the DNA samples, if it could be verified there are uncontaminated samples taken from the victims that are 100% matches to the Burmese men after they reportedly denied any contact then I could understand why you could call other theories a conspiracy. There is no proof of anything in the public domain other than two people have died violent deaths. Your choice to believe the RTP theory does not make it any more or less a conspiracy theory given what you know. Relentless repetition, pedantry and putdowns won't strengthen your position from where I am reading.

I am unable to imagine a reasonable scenario where just two small assailants could carry out what they are being accused of, but I would be interested to read your opinion of how you think they could. JohnThailandJohn made some very good points to support his stance in my opinion.

I dont know you few posters insist on beating this beatdeadhorse.gif

What possible stimulus or benefit can there be, no one will EVER know what really happened, no one will EVER know the truth.

The evidence will show whatever it needs to show to achieve the result that is needed and probably already agreed, the rest is a rubber stamp pony show and nothing more.You are just wasting your time arguing over something thats already been decided.

You report you believe 2 small Burmese men driven purely by passion raped and murdered two physically larger people as the most likely scenario. Given that you have no evidence and you did not see the event you are basing your theory on what you read and how you choose to interpret what you read. The smoking gun appears to be the DNA samples, if it could be verified there are uncontaminated samples taken from the victims that are 100% matches to the Burmese men after they reportedly denied any contact then I could understand why you could call other theories a conspiracy. There is no proof of anything in the public domain other than two people have died violent deaths. Your choice to believe the RTP theory does not make it any more or less a conspiracy theory given what you know. Relentless repetition, pedantry and putdowns won't strengthen your position from where I am reading.

I am unable to imagine a reasonable scenario where just two small assailants could carry out what they are being accused of, but I would be interested to read your opinion of how you think they could. JohnThailandJohn made some very good points to support his stance in my opinion.

"I can't imagine how they could do it", blunt object trauma to the head, that's how they could do it.

If you doubt it get yourself a small person, let's say a 12 year old, ask them to hit you as hard as they can on the back of the head with a garden hoe... it doesn't look like it would end up well, does it?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

DM07 you know too much! Seriously, my sense of humour is all I have to keep me sain. I have posted for months on these murders and really I want closure, I want it erased from my mind. Those graphic photos haunt me. R.I.P Hannah. R.I.P David you are angels in heaven now. I'm still going back to Koh Tao the murder or murderers want stop me. I love the island too. Heal Koh Tao. Heal people of Koh Tao. Amen
Heal the people of KT you say ... Rather put them "away" - <deleted> stinking Island-people. How many on stinky KT know the real truth about these horrific crimes and keep their cowardmouth shut ?

As other people suggest: Sink this hellhole of an Island in Ocean - hope you can get a drink with some murderers there and support their criminal economy, have an awful trip and dont get yourself killed ...

You seem to be ignoring the fact that there is a high probability that the 2 Burmese men in custody are the murderers.
Get your facts right there is no high probability at all that is your opinion which is worth nothing.

In the absence of an accurate trial your opinion is just a different conspiracy theory. You are not claiming to be an eye witness, we are all privy to the same snippets of information, interpretation is down to the individual. Not everybody has or wants the luxury of living their lives through an internet forum. Whether you kill the occasional 10 minutes or make it your raison d'etre to prove and score points on here, none of us witnesses, you can choose to promote your opinions 24/7 they are still built on the distinct lack of real evidence that made the prosecutor return the case numerous times.

No I don't "report you believe.."

Rape was never stated as the sole reason.

After that you continue to fail to address the question you purport to address. What conspiracy theory do I believe? That the 2 defendants committed the crime? Not a conspiracy theory.

"I can't imagine how they could do it", blunt object trauma to the head, that's how they could do it.

If you doubt it get yourself a small person, let's say a 12 year old, ask them to hit you as hard as they can on the back of the head with a garden hoe... it doesn't look like it would end up well, does it?

That is possible and could explain how someone 5ft high or less could have the better of someone 6ft 3. But I'm left thinking it's highly improbable given that if the hoe was used and skin was broken multiple times, no male DNA traces were not found on the hoe plus I think it was reported there were signs of a struggle so making a stealth attack from behind unlikely to my mind.

Motive? Where's the motive? Not one, but two individuals would have had to, on the spur of the moment, conspire and agree to commit double murdef and rape. A psychotic individual is possible. Two independently psychotic individuals happening to be playing guitars and singing songs when a mutual murder lust overmasters them both defies credibility.

Motive? Where's the motive? Not one, but two individuals would have had to, on the spur of the moment, conspire and agree to commit double murdef and rape. A psychotic individual is possible. Two independently psychotic individuals happening to be playing guitars and singing songs when a mutual murder lust overmasters them both defies credibility.

Unfortunately the world has seen, and will continue to see, horrible acts that defy credibility; that you can't imagine why or how has no bearing on what other people can do, and perhaps you should count yourself lucky for that. Someone on the RTP received a lot of flak for a similar comment "A Thai could do that" or some such.

I could speculate on motives and rationales for the crime, but I won't, I rather wait to see what evidence is forthcoming in during the trial.

After that you continue to fail to address the question you purport to address. What conspiracy theory do I believe? That the 2 defendants committed the crime? Not a conspiracy theory.

No I don't "report you believe.." I am sorry I missed your reason for quoting those three words.

"Rape was never stated as the sole reason." Again I don't know why you said that either.

"What exactly is the conspiracy theory you suggest I am promoting?" I don't believe you are "promoting" a conspiracy theory. You have a hypothesis with no evidence that the Burmese men are the most likely to have conspired to have committed the crimes. Just because your hypothesis appears to me to follow the prosecution's case does not mean it cannot be dismissed as a conspiracy theory as easily as you dismiss others. Whether the information you read and the bits you choose to believe are true are yet to proved.

• Like 1

No I don't "report you believe.." I am sorry I missed your reason for quoting those three words.

"Rape was never stated as the sole reason." Again I don't know why you said that either.

"What exactly is the conspiracy theory you suggest I am promoting?" I don't believe you are "promoting" a conspiracy theory. You have a hypothesis with no evidence that the Burmese men are the most likely to have conspired to have committed the crimes. Just because your hypothesis appears to me to follow the prosecution's case does not mean it cannot be dismissed as a conspiracy theory as easily as you dismiss others. Whether the information you read and the bits you choose to believe are true are yet to proved.

Thanks for clearing that up. Though I fully disagree with your conclusion; you get to the meat of it at the end in a round about way.

A conspiracy theory requires the belief that a hidden /shadowed group of powerful people are conspiring to do something nefarious......

The conspiracy theorists here think that is true, thus fitting that definition.

What I believe, that the defendants are probably guilty doesn't fit the definition.

The meat of what you said leads us to a trial where actual evidence is presented.

"Various sock puppet accounts appear on online message boards such as Thaivisa.com attempting to derail commentary on the incident and the character assassination of the only witness begins."

I wonder who this guy is referring to? laugh.png

Out of curiosity ; what is the source for that quote?

Tanlic

"Stop knocking Thailand and go tell the UK to get their finger out their backside bunch or bureaucratic buffoons"

Yeah, right, I mean why waste time trying to establish the facts? Much better to issue press statements with erroneous information and jump to conclusions- it is only a matter of life and death, after all.

Edited by haybilly

"Various sock puppet accounts appear on online message boards such as Thaivisa.com attempting to derail commentary on the incident and the character assassination of the only witness begins."

thailandchilli, member since one month after the murders and every single post in a thread related to that topic.

You know what they say about people living in glass houses?

• Like 1

No, I haven't decided they are guilty, I'm waiting for the development of the trial and to see how the evidence pans out.

If someone has an opinion that differs from yours on this matter, according to you they have already decided that the suspects are innocent. But you are "waiting for the development of the trial" Pull the other one - it's got balls bells on!

A very sensetive case not only for the accused but for the inhabitants of Koh Toa who will have more of their beloved island in the international news, negative for all. I apologise for my offence post but only wanted to support the islanders who have lived through this tragedy, don't take it out on them was all I wanted to say.

"A very sensetive case not only for the accused......" is a bit of an understatement, don't you think? And to say that you " only wanted to support the islanders who have lived through this tragedy" is a bit of a contradiction to some of your earlier posts where you just wanted the case closed come hell or high water! Whether the 2 Burmese were guilty or innocent, you didn't seem to give a damn- you just wanted to get back to your diving and "friends" in Koh Tao.

That was in an article by Andy hall or someone like that at the beginning. Probably right after you started posting in these threads.

thailandchilli, member since one month after the murders and every single post in a thread related to that topic.

You know what they say about people living in glass houses?

Buy lots of sunblock and glass cleaner ?

• Like 1

That was in an article by Andy hall or someone like that at the beginning. Probably right after you started posting in these threads.

Not 100% sure although I suspect it's from the Mikes travels blog about Koh Taos secrets

• Like 1

Not 100% sure although I suspect it's from the Mikes travels blog about Koh Taos secrets

It is from a blogger that is nowhere near Koh Tao.

Yes correct, although apparently according to jdinasia i've broken Mikes copyright and he'll be after me now...................clap2.gifhttp://mikeestravels.com/2014/09/25/the-dark-side-of-thailands-island-paradise/

Edited by thailandchilli

Nothing funny about it. It is fair usage.

If this wasn't so OFF TOPIC I would actually put you right on that, yes its funny and utter nonsense

If you say so. Perhaps I am mistaken about forum rule #14 Edited by jdinasia