Pesticide Free Veggies..

chanchao

I used to be pretty sceptical about the levels of pesticides in vegetables in Thailand, even those that claimed to be 'pesticide controlled' or 'pesticide free'.

However I now have it from a completely reliable source that Royal Project produce is religiously checked to ensure it's pesticide free; They're in the process of implementing parts of the Agro-Industry software made by the company where my wife works at. (= my reliable source. :o In the discussions on configuring all the bits it became completely clear that they chuck out complete lots of fruits and vegetables when they find a sample that shows traces of pesticides.

I already liked the Royal Project stores, and especially liked to visit the one at the airport, also because it's by far the cheapest shop in the whole airport for buying snacks and fruit juices. :D Some of the vegetables aren't even particluarly expensive by any standard, and they offer things not regularly available in ordinary markets. What I didn't know was that they were actually very serious about being pesticide free as well.

Does anybody know where I can get the information on how to grow the vegetables pesticide free?

My wife was talking about it for the farm, however she is not computer literate and though I could possibly find websites, they will be in Thai and I wouldn't nave a clue.

Golden Place under Ram Intra Highway, they carried organic vegetables where you can't find in normal market place.

Can you be more specific in the location Thaising? I live near there but haven't seen it.

Cheers

If you are coming from downtown or Rama 9, drive below the Ram Intra – At Narong highway, about 2-3 kilometer you should be able see Golden Place on your left. That is before reaching Laprao junction. The address is 185 Pradituthum Road.

If you know where the Japanese school is you should find the place.

Hope this may help you find the place.

Edited by Thaising

Does anybody know where I can get the information on how to grow the vegetables pesticide free?

My wife was talking about it for the farm, however she is not computer literate and though I could possibly find websites, they will be in Thai and I wouldn't nave a clue.

yes you don't apply pesticides

you make it more friendly for the things that dont eat your veg but eat the beasties that do.

I like veggies loaded with pesticide, It gives me a nice kick after i eat it.

You wouldn't need pesticide to get a nice kick DZ.. I'm sure many people on this site would gladly give you a nice kick free of charge for being a pest-icide :o

you make it more friendly for the things that dont eat your veg but eat the beasties that do.

indeed that is a good start. If you spray everything the first time you see a bad bug you will not only kill the bad bugs but you will also kill the good bugs that eat the bad bugs.....for example...lady bugs (lady birds) are little red beetles with black spots (sometimes they are orange and somtimes they have no spots etc.) are found naturally all over northern Thailand and I think everywhere in Thailand (but I'm not sure since I haven't been EVERYWHERE in Thailand). In Thai they are called maleng tau thong which means golden turtle bug. They eat bad bugs like aphids for breakfast lunch and dinner....if you have alot of these around you might get a few aphids and they might even slow down a few of your plants' growth a bit but very quickly the golden turtle bugs will move in and wipe out the bad guys.......its hard to believe or have faith in this unless you've seen it in action. If you are afraid that the lady bugs will not arrive in time then what you can do is buy a small spray bottle (or a big backpack type sprayer if you've got a really really big garden like I do) and fill it with water and some dish detergent...like what you wash your dishes with...mix it about like you would if you were going to wash some really greasy dishes...so that when you put some on your fingers it feels slippery and soapy....so that when you spray it out of the sprayer onto a plant it makes a little bit of foam. This solution kills aphids by dissolving the wax that coats their body and their bodily fluids all run out....yuck....but it kills them....and it is not poisonous at all...its only dish detergent for chis sake. I'm not sure if this is technically and truly organic gardening but I know dozens of organic gardeners who use this method at least at first....but then after awhile you will see that the lady bugs will start to hang out in your garden (if you don't start spraying poisons) and you won't have any big outbreaks of aphids......but I've still got my sprayer so if I should have a big outbreak again I'll be ready.....

P.S. The dish detergent solution has never done any significant amount of visible damage to the plants I sprayed it on...which so far in Thailand has been green beans, long beans, corn, and cucumbers.....it has never seemed to damage the plants at all....

Another "Golden Place" in Bangkok is on Sukhaphiban 3, just past the Tops, opposite Sammagon village. It's an extention of Ramkhamhaeng, if you never been there.

I also think "Lemon Green" stores at Bangchak gas stations sell some organic staff. Organic veggies are sold in every major supermarket alongside the normal ones. Not sure if they are pesticide free, though. Some brands/farms look exactly the same as in Golden Places.

indeed that is a good start. If you spray everything the first time you see a bad bug you will not only kill the bad bugs but you will also kill the good bugs that eat the bad bugs.....for example...lady bugs (lady birds) are little red beetles with black spots (sometimes they are orange and somtimes they have no spots etc.) are found naturally all over northern Thailand and I think everywhere in Thailand (but I'm not sure since I haven't been EVERYWHERE in Thailand). In Thai they are called maleng tau thong which means golden turtle bug. They eat bad bugs like aphids for breakfast lunch and dinner....if you have alot of these around you might get a few aphids and they might even slow down a few of your plants' growth a bit but very quickly the golden turtle bugs will move in and wipe out the bad guys.......its hard to believe or have faith in this unless you've seen it in action. If you are afraid that the lady bugs will not arrive in time then what you can do is buy a small spray bottle (or a big backpack type sprayer if you've got a really really big garden like I do) and fill it with water and some dish detergent...like what you wash your dishes with...mix it about like you would if you were going to wash some really greasy dishes...so that when you put some on your fingers it feels slippery and soapy....so that when you spray it out of the sprayer onto a plant it makes a little bit of foam. This solution kills aphids by dissolving the wax that coats their body and their bodily fluids all run out....yuck....but it kills them....and it is not poisonous at all...its only dish detergent for chis sake. I'm not sure if this is technically and truly organic gardening but I know dozens of organic gardeners who use this method at least at first....but then after awhile you will see that the lady bugs will start to hang out in your garden (if you don't start spraying poisons) and you won't have any big outbreaks of aphids......but I've still got my sprayer so if I should have a big outbreak again I'll be ready.....

P.S. The dish detergent solution has never done any significant amount of visible damage to the plants I sprayed it on...which so far in Thailand has been green beans, long beans, corn, and cucumbers.....it has never seemed to damage the plants at all....

Thanks for the helpful information Chownah.

We generally have about 5 rai of vegetables including squash, starfruit, bananas, pineapples, chillies, farang which are the pear shaped fruit that taste a bit like apples, some apple trees that my wife put in last year. Sometimes we try to grow potatoes from sprouting left overs and we had some melons a couple of years ago until the dogs played with them.

We have 5 rai on 1 site and 12 rai on another growing man (tapioca).

I have been told that if you are pesticide free for some period of time you can sell to a market similar to the Royal shops and get a higher price and guaranteed purchase but I have no idea where to look on the web to find it.

I like veggies loaded with pesticide, It gives me a nice kick after i eat it.

You wouldn't need pesticide to get a nice kick DZ.. I'm sure many people on this site would gladly give you a nice kick free of charge for being a pest-icide :D

Seconded. :o