Anyone Have An Opinion On The Mandarin Hotel?

spencerq

I am looking for a place to stay and my research tells me that the Mandarin is a great place for the money. I want to stay in the area and close to BTS/MTS. If any onther suggestions please let me know. Are the pools at the hotels and monthly rental condo's cooled at all? Or are the the same temp. as the environment?

Thanks for your help,

Spencer

Mandarin Hotel is worn and tired. But it is clean and good value. It is walkable to MRT/BTS but a bit of a hike. For same rates I would check out the Tower Inn on Silom which is walkable to BTS and does have an outdoor pool.

Hotel swimming/condos are never cooled and usually the same temp as environment. That said some condos have swimming pools which are outside but covered (lobby area) and are considerably cooler than most as they get no direct sun.

I am looking for a place to stay and my research tells me that the Mandarin is a great place for the money. I want to stay in the area and close to BTS/MTS. If any onther suggestions please let me know. Are the pools at the hotels and monthly rental condo's cooled at all? Or are the the same temp. as the environment?

Thanks for your help,

Spencer

Used to be the top hotel in town, now is just a very tired old lady,still good value for money, and still the best breakfast buffet in town :o Nignoy

Is this what most know as the Oriental being talked about? I found it tired and NOT a good value for money. Matter of fact I can't remember a bigger disappointment because the hotel has such an esteemed name yet quite ordinary facilities. It seems the price would make sense only if you want the image value plus the food is excellent. However, I think they did a major remodeling a year or so ago to try to get the facilities up to snuff. Don't know how successful they were. Maybe worth a second look.

Guess you mixed it up. Mandarin Hotel is on Rama IV, Oritental down at New Road/Oriental Road.

Believe the Manadrin goes for + Baht 1000.

The Oriental far higher. Still I do recommend the Shangri La, compared to the Oriental.

For Mandarin have no opinion, not on my list for visitors.