Internet, Ipaq And Dtac

billzant

Dear Forum,

I wish to use 3 services that I think the iPaq can do at the same time:-

1) Collect email on the Ipaq standing alone when travelling.

2) Use iPaq as modem when travelling

3) Connect to active sync by Bluetooth permanently.

For a long time I used activesync by Bluetooth fine. I then contacted DTAC, and was able to setup a POP3 account on the iPaq to collect my email.

Then Monday DTAC support helped me to setup the iPaq as modem and I was full of the joys until I tried to connect to activesync by Bluetooth and couldn’t. I tried messing about with it but still failed. To go back to them at the moment is difficult as I am not now in Bkk.

From the modem control panel I removed the HTC USB modem but it has made no difference. Can you help?

Hope you are keeping well,

All the Best

Bill Z

Normally to use a pocket pc phone as a modem you need to disable activesync (on the pocketpc, not on your PC). Dtac support probably walked you through to do this.

If you want to sync again, go to start, programs, activesync (on the pocketpc!). Then at the bottom left of the screen tap on tools, and choose options.

Then click on the options button, roughly in the middle of the screen on the right side...

On this page you can mark the enable pcsync, and choose on which connection (bluetooth in your case)

Activesync should now start automatically again...

If you want your ipaq as a modem again, don't forget to unmark the enable pcsync again (and reinstall the htc modem again on your PC :o )

Hope this works for you, this is how I do it on my O2 XDAIIs running pocketpc 2003...

Normally to use a pocket pc phone as a modem you need to disable activesync (on the pocketpc, not on your PC). Dtac support probably walked you through to do this.

If you want to sync again, go to start, programs, activesync (on the pocketpc!). Then at the bottom left of the screen tap on tools, and choose options.

Then click on the options button, roughly in the middle of the screen on the right side...

On this page you can mark the enable pcsync, and choose on which connection (bluetooth in your case)

Activesync should now start automatically again...

If you want your ipaq as a modem again, don't forget to unmark the enable pcsync again (and reinstall the htc modem again on your PC :o )

Hope this works for you, this is how I do it on my O2 XDAIIs running pocketpc 2003...

Dear Monty,

Thanks for this. By the time I got your message I had done stuff to my bluetooth setup.

I had missed the disabling of activesync when I was with the technical support, especially as I had previously said that I wanted to use the modem via the cradle but continue with bluetooth on activesync. Obviously an element of communication difficulty but when I learn Thai it will be OK?

With your guidance I enabled the activesync, and then set the bluetooth actvesync again and I am back to where I was.

I hope that I will then be able to setup the modem when I want to use that again!!

Thanks for your help.

Hope you are keeping well,

All the Best

Bill Z