Thai Minister denies secret prison in Thailand

webfact

Torture is a barbaric way to aquire intelligence about terrorism plots or whereabouts of terror suspects. The C.I.A should be ashamed of using Thailand to hold terror suspects to try to stop the deaths of the innocent. I'm disgusted in this just as much as China is. Torture should be banished for good. No more secret prison and bring back a slap on the wrist and a stiff warning, plus no tv for a week.

Torture doesn't work.

Those who use torture are as bad as the scum whose bigotry they claim to be fighting against.

• Like 2

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If enemies of the western allies carried this kinda stuff out it would be widely condemned and i'm sure considered a war crime. I find it quite frightening and horrific that our side carried on this practice. Don't POWs have rights...just curious is all.

There's no such thing as a clean war. War crimes are carried out in all conflicts. Take the British; unlike the US (who are relatively newcomers) have a long and dark past, Africa, over a 100 years ago; saw the first concentration camps for the Boars, who suffered starvation and maltreatment.

North,South and Central America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East; all have a dirty history in regard to torture and brutalization. Many behaved this way not just with POW's but with many of their own citizens.

I just came across this paragraph in an article I was reading on this subject:

"In March 2002, when Abu Zubaydah, who was suspected of being the third-ranked member of Al Qaeda, was captured in Pakistan, The Times said Mitchell traveled to a CIA black site in Thailand to oversee the interrogation."

Torture centre...where...???? ....try Chiang Mai...!!!! somebody I knopw lives near the airport and Saw regularly unnumbered airplanes land at night in total darkness.....all lights out on the plane and on the airfield...!!!...Thailand does not posses these capability's....and as for the type of planes...(can not give more details..)...Thailand does not posses these type to....!!!

I think that what the army or intelligence agencies do are for the good of the people and are necessary to stop global terrorism which has claimed the lives of thousands. If the us goes sort on terrorism then the consequences to world peace could be serverly in jepordey.

Umm...

The CIA's harsh interrogations of terrorist detainees during the Bush era didn't work, were more brutal than previously revealed and delivered no "ticking time bomb" information that prevented an attack, according to an explosive Senate report released Tuesday.

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/12/09/politics/cia-torture-report/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

All that barbaric torture for nothing it seems whistling.gif

Still willing to endorse it?

• Like 1

Torture centre...where...???? ....try Chiang Mai...!!!! somebody I knopw lives near the airport and Saw regularly unnumbered airplanes land at night in total darkness.....all lights out on the plane and on the airfield...!!!...Thailand does not posses these capability's....and as for the type of planes...(can not give more details..)...Thailand does not posses these type to....!!!

How could your friend see the aircraft were un-numbered if it was at night, in total darkness, no lights on the plane or airfield?

Thailand does not have what capabilities?

If you can not give details about the aircraft, how would you know Thailand doesn't have them?

I think I am stupid, because some people equates these suicide bombing lunatics to ordinary people who have ordinary peoples rights?

When a person thinks it is ok to walk into a shopping mall (for example) and kill women and children for their retarded cause, should that person not be considered not human and be subjected to the worst interrogation techniques possible?

Of course in my honest opinion just take them out the back and shoot them in the back of the head, because forced information is always faulty, every idiot knows that.

How could your friend see the aircraft were un-numbered if it was at night, in total darkness, no lights on the plane or airfield?

If you can not give details about the aircraft, how would you know Thailand doesn't have them?

figure it out yourself, ...my friend lives very close to the airfield....and all lights at the airport were out but i guess the moonlight was strong enough...

The Us has the capability, equipment (Night vision,) and training to land aircraft's at night all lights out... Thailand has not.

and for the type of aircraft I don't want to elaborate....

best regards.

Edited by off road pat

Edited by off road pat

figure it out yourself, ...my friend lives very close to the airfield....and all lights at the airport were out but i guess the moonlight was strong enough...

The Us has the capability, equipment (Night vision,) and training to land aircraft's at night all lights out... Thailand has not.

best regards.

I don't understand why you don't want to elaborate on the type of aircraft.

I think I am stupid, because some people equates these suicide bombing lunatics to ordinary people who have ordinary peoples rights?

When a person thinks it is ok to walk into a shopping mall (for example) and kill women and children for their retarded cause, should that person not be considered not human and be subjected to the worst interrogation techniques possible?

Of course in my honest opinion just take them out the back and shoot them in the back of the head, because forced information is always faulty, every idiot knows that.

Also what happens when the person being tortured or judicially executed is innocent?

Torture and murder in the name of a cause are wrong.

I thought that was why the terrorist scum are judged to be scum.

If those fighting terrorism mirror its tactics and contempt for life, how are they any better?

• Like 2

As I recall the report in question did not originate from the CIA, but came from the Democrats. I know the CIA has issues with much of that report, and I'm not sure if they have verified the existence of a prison in Thailand.

Assuming you are referring to the 6000 page report from which the 500++ page summary has been released to the public, it was produced by an (American) Senate Commission.

If you want to suggest that 'obviously' there are doubt due to the influence on it by members of the Democrats party, you are implicitly admitting that USA politics are even more disfunctional than Thai politics.

Edited by rubl
  • Like 1

Nobody seems to point out that with the level of corruption in Thailand it is feasable the CIA had a torture camp here without the Gov knowing. The CIA has a lot of money to pay for bribes and that is all it would have taken

And you know this how, exactly? How can you possibly believe it feasible the US government had 'no knowledge'?

If you have evidence or no to the contrary, you should shut your ignorant stupid yap.

I'm guessing you were a homicidal Bush supporter?

Maybe I'm a bit thick but I thought the poster was referring to the Thai Govt not knowing. Did I read it wrong ?

Just wondering..... Cheers..... Mal.

• Like 1

Nobody seems to point out that with the level of corruption in Thailand it is feasable the CIA had a torture camp here without the Gov knowing. The CIA has a lot of money to pay for bribes and that is all it would have taken

And you know this how, exactly? How can you possibly believe it feasible the US government had 'no knowledge'?

If you have evidence or no to the contrary, you should shut your ignorant stupid yap.

I'm guessing you were a homicidal Bush supporter?

Maybe I'm a bit thick but I thought the poster was referring to the Thai Govt not knowing. Did I read it wrong ?

Just wondering..... Cheers..... Mal.

Hehee you didnt read it wrong.

best regards.

OK,...it was a Military type airplane bigger than a C130 witch is the biggest military aircraft Thailand has Except for commercial airliners...

All I know is what my friend told me, I was not there...and I pass on the information to help people figure out the rest....link the peace's of the puzzle...

logic thinking, would tell you the torture centre (If there is one ??) has to be close to, or in a military airfield to avoid indiscretions (if possible !?!?) It would be taking more risks to transport the detainee much further....!!! but this is all speculation.....

Best regards...

i don't understand all the jokes as well as the debate.

It's a military installation. Of course they would deny it. Every country in the world denies or refuses to comment on anything to do with the armed forces installations of the country.

I remember being in Valparaiso Chile many years ago, looking over the hill at the sea and taking photos when a very serious soldier approached me and demanded my film. When asked why, he said "Naval Base below. No photos." I asked if that was where Augusto Pinochet was being held, and the guy had a look like - who????facepalm.gifrolleyes.gif

best regards.

OK,...it was a Military type airplane bigger than a C130 witch is the biggest military aircraft Thailand has Except for commercial airliners...

All I know is what my friend told me, I was not there...and I pass on the information to help people figure out the rest....link the peace's of the puzzle...

logic thinking, would tell you the torture centre (If there is one ??) has to be close to, or in a military airfield to avoid indiscretions (if possible !?!?) It would be taking more risks to transport the detainee much further....!!! but this is all speculation.....

Best regards...

Possible? Of course it is. US Air Force visits Thailand. Seen them in Korat. Night ops training to Chiang Mai with RTAF is certainly possible.

Probable in the context you've suggested based on your friend's accounts at night, sometime between 2002 and now? Probably not.

Don't see the regular US military risking very expensive airplanes, lives of crew and pax, and potentially those on the ground, to perform combat entry/approaches on a routine basis at night, without aircraft and air field lights at a perfectly good airport in a non-combat zone in Thailand - to deliver a couple detainees for interrogation.

Secondly, I've read the CIA contracted small executive jets,. e.g. Gulfstreams, from civilian sources, for their rendition flights. A couple mentions of them landing/transiting through Bangkok. Makes more sense than jinking USAF MAT C17s (since you said bigger than C130) in and out of CNX in the dark if you don't have to.

So you see, your friend didn't see any secret airplanes at Chiang Mai and there is no secret interrogation facility in CM, or Thailand for that matter.

Now you and your friend hold still while we take your photo. Look at the birdie, smile.....that's it.

• Like 2

Sathorn Road on the left about 300 meters away from Banyan Tree you have a high wall with only cameras. This operation is run by both the Thai's and American's and this building has been operational since the Vietnam War. I wonder why it never got shut down. I have those details from the Singapore Embassy which is only a few hundred meters away.

perhaps they know something about this http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/782044-swedish-found-hanged-in-deserted-building/?p=8768520