loans for foreigners for condos in Thailand

bencottrell

not sure if Im in the right forum....but here we go...

I know it is possible for a foreigner to get a loan from UOB or Bangkok Bank (singapore branch) for a freehld condo in Thailand.

The criteria are pretty strict...30% downpayment, proven income of around 2m THB per year etc etc

Ive read it before but lost the links

does anyone have any info or links on this? Or even better: experience of applying for a lona like this?

• 3 months later...

It's a case by case basis.I was recently offered an 80%mortgage for a house. They weren't interested at first until I explained my families history in Thailand. It was Krungsri bank. Siam commercial offered me 50% but came back with an 80% offer to match krungsri. These were banks on site at the housing development....

If you have had work permits for more than two years, married to a Thai for a long period of time, kids etc etc, contract for future work etc you should get it no problem.

Remember to dress smartly and be very nice too.This is probably just as important. Our friends tried at the same site and have a similar profile as us but were turned down. This was despite them having a larger income. I reckon we dressed smarter than them!!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

The company I work for had a client just recently who is living and working here for a well-known hotel in Phuket with a monthly salary of over 100,000 THB who had trouble getting a mortgage. He wanted to buy a condo for around 3m THB putting 500,000 THB as a down payment and paying back the rest over 3 years. I had never had a client before who wanted to structure a a payment plan in this way so I wasn't hopeful we could find him anything. After an hour on phone to developers we found him three options with developers that were prepared to consider his payment terms and talk in detail. I must say I was quite surprised but this is quite revealing. If developers are potentially prepared to accept these deals then foreigners who have high salaries could also consider this route.

Archived