Phuket teenager dies after drive-alongside shooting

webfact

Phuket teenager dies after drive-alongside shooting
Eakkapop Thongtub

1418298927_1-org.jpg
Police forensics experts measure a bullet hole found in a wall near where Wuttisak was shot.

PHUKET: -- Police are hunting for the gunman after a young man died of a gunshot wound last night (December 10) at Moo Baan Suan Niramit in Srisoonthorn.

Police were told that around 10 pm, Wuttisak Pwongsombat, 19, from Nakorn Sawan was shot while driving his motorbike home from a restaurant.

After being shot he crashed his motorbike, then ran off into a nearby banana plantation.

His passenger, Pongsak Sukjam, 44, ran off in the other direction to get help from relatives. Together they found Wuttisak and took him to Vachira Phuket Hospital, but he died there in the emergency room.

Pongsak told officers that he and Wuttisak had jobs on a construction site for a housing development not far from the incident.

Last evening they went to watch the Thailand-Philippines football match on the TV at a local restaurant about two kilometres from their home.

On the way back two men on another bike pulled up alongside them. One of the men pulled a gun from his waistband and shot Wuttisak in the chest.

Police believe the shooting may have been the result either of “an old rivalry” or of a new one sparked in the restaurant while the match was on. Forensics officers found three bullet holes in a nearby wall.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-teenager-dies-after-drive-alongside-shooting-50070.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2014-12-12

I remain amazed that a teenage rivalry could end like this. Yes it seems to be fairly frequent news items in recent times.

Also I remain amazed at the police whose comments in the case of young peoples death blame rivalry.

I am happy that I live "off the beaten track" and so far have not had to experience any of this rivalry.

As long as street justice doesn't hurt any innocent folk I'm OK with it...

Gawd 'elp us........................coffee1.gif

If you're innocent you should have nothing to worry about. If you've screwed up then watch your back is all I'm saying. Sorry you don't like my opinion mate.

If you're innocent you should have nothing to worry about. If you've screwed up then watch your back is all I'm saying. Sorry you don't like my opinion mate.

I also don't like your opinion, if you cheer a different team and someone takes offence and shoots you.. nice street justice.

Now if it was between dealers and such.. I could not care less but here Thais are trigger happy for minor things. Just going to the wrong school can have you shot..

Thank you but that kind of thing is not justice at all.

• Like 2

I also don't like your opinion, if you cheer a different team and someone takes offence and shoots you.. nice street justice.

Now if it was between dealers and such.. I could not care less but here Thais are trigger happy for minor things. Just going to the wrong school can have you shot..

Thank you but that kind of thing is not justice at all.

Well maybe it is in Thailand. You are right about Thais being trigger happy whether or not it's drug related. There are so many police reports that back that up.

On one of your points, I think you're the only one here talking about "cheering another team". I certainly wasn't.