Septic tank emptying

KarenBravo

Too much Indian curry mate??

I would think your local orbitor or ampher office could recommend a local company for this chore.

that's how it is back home anyways, town-hall has a list of certified poop tank pumpers,

don't forget to leave a bit at the bottom so the poop eating bacteria will continue to grow,

cheers

Just contact your local municipal office. They operate their own trucks, about 500 baht for a tank suck-out.

Where do they end up dumping a full truck of shit? Serious question.

First klong on the way back to depot? I doubt it's handled properly.

Edited by hansgruber

I caught em once.
They dump it up at that football field near the windmill.
Just back up to the bushes and dump it.
It was around 6:30 AM so, they were obviously doing it on the sly.
That was about 2 years ago.
Who knows if they still do it.
I don't get up jogging that early anymore.

The Tessaban is the right institution to contact.

By no means do business with the men driving around in tanker trucks, honking continuously to attract customers. They charge very high rates, though making believe it won't be so much before they start pumping. Many people were unpleasantly surprised but paid up, confronted with 2 or 3 strong men you are not so inclined to dispute the bill. There have been warnings about this on Thai television.

Great question. In Patong they have the waste treatment plant. In Kata - I don't know. Elsewhere - you might be correct Hans.

I'm trying to figure out what the Rawai Orbortor does with all of it's waste. Sometimes I go out paddling just in front of their offices and depending on the tide, there is often a huge brown film on top of the water smelling like solid waste matter. I've seen some big pipes being run out from the headland out towards the bay and I have a pretty good idea of what is pumped out in these pipes, and it's not rainwater runoff. Does Rawai even have a waste water treatment facility?

Great question. In Patong they have the waste treatment plant. In Kata - I don't know. Elsewhere - you might be correct Hans.

I'm trying to figure out what the Rawai Orbortor does with all of it's waste. Sometimes I go out paddling just in front of their offices and depending on the tide, there is often a huge brown film on top of the water smelling like solid waste matter. I've seen some big pipes being run out from the headland out towards the bay and I have a pretty good idea of what is pumped out in these pipes, and it's not rainwater runoff. Does Rawai even have a waste water treatment facility?

I thought Patong has the only one yet there are complaints that many hotels & business do not use it.

I thought Patong has the only one yet there are complaints that many hotels & business do not use it.

Kata has a sewage treatment plant, not sure it is operational ? Never see any action there.

Problem with the Patong plant is that few businesses are actually connected to the plant. Looks like only one end of Rat-u-tit and beach road have sewage pipes. No idea if all the buildings in nearby new road are connected despite the plant's proximity.

I've no idea if they go near you. They passed the door one day as we were both out the front replacing old for new waist and water pipes. The wife said " shit truck". She then hopped on the moped and went to see him as he was doing another job just up the road. He came around about an hour later, bald tyres and all. Stuck the pipe in and done the job in five minutes. No gloves nothing, the smell made me reach, the truck was old and leaking oil a lot. But hey ho,, 140 baht later all done.

Look out in your area for tanker trucks they vary in sizes, will have a large coiled old pipe on the top. Get the wife to stop it and ask. Better if you let the wife do the talking and stay out of view, otherwise you may find the price slightly higher. But I must say in my area/village, know body has tried to sting me. YET.....

Edited by nathan blake