Thai monk slapped Farang

upinthesky

The explanation under the video is as follows. The event took place on the BKK-Phitsanuloke train on the 07th Dec 2014. The farang was sitting opposite the monk, who was asleep, when two female farangs come up and asked to sit down. The farang got up giving up his seat for the girls and asked the monk if he could sit with him. The monk woke up and said "I can't understand you, what are you saying?" but with lots of GOOs, MEUNGs and WAHs so it was quite rude, a bit like "I can't bloody understand you, what the <deleted> are you on about?" The farang tried to explain in English that he wanted to sit with him on the seat, using a word which sounded like FAI to the ears of the person videoing the incident, but she couldn't make out for sure. The monk, who couldn't speak English, thought the farang was calling him a KHWAI (buffalo, stupid person) so became enraged asking if he was calling him stupid and slapped him 3 times, only one of which was caught on camera.
Most of the comments from Thais I saw were on the side of the farang since he kept his cool and didn't strike back and they were even calls to identify the monk and have him disrobed.

Edited by metisdead
Profanity
  • Like 1

The farang deserves more than a slap. I mean...look at that outfit--a PINK shirt with dark blue pedal pushers and thongs! Where are the fashion police when you need them???

And what's sticking out the bottom of the monks duffel bag? Looks eerily like a toilet bowl plunger (crapper packer) tongue.png

Edited by cloghead
  • Like 2

I can tell you, unequivocally, that this "monk" is NOT a true Buddhist monk ! - This orange-clad man is a travesty-of-Buddhism. He should go into the forest (which, by the looks of hat he was carrying, he was dressed for !) and do some considerable pensive exercises to learn about the very basic principles of Buddhism. Up to now, this man is most certainly not Buddhist ! !

coffee1.gif

Unfortunately monkhood attracts many undesirables. When a Thai man does bad he has to go be a monk for a while, so they aren't always the most holy of men. Look at some of the atrocities reported in the news committed by them. What about the Mercedes monk, the Porsche nun and the list goes on. The temples finances are not transparent. It's always been my opinion, organized religion is big business, god or Buddha doesn't want your money, really.

• Like 1

No wonder there are more and more atheists, when monks behave like that.

We have some fine example of that in the West too.

This thug has done a huge disservice to all true Buddhists in the world, probably will be disrobed.

The poor chap who got the slaps deserves a pat on the back for keeping cool.

Do i see a pattern of growing intolerance towards foreigners ? Although is fair to say that the whole world is going nuts.

One of my staff was a huge trouble maker got into fights, caused dissent at the office, upset our clients etc and decided to go off to be a monk. He came back unchanged and has been unemployed for more than a year. The &lt;deleted&gt; that slapped this chap is obviously another example of a loser that thinks joining the monkhood will somehow make him a better person, but in reality it does nothing.

One of my staff was a huge trouble maker got into fights, caused dissent at the office, upset our clients etc and decided to go off to be a monk. He came back unchanged and has been unemployed for more than a year. The <deleted> that slapped this chap is obviously another example of a loser that thinks joining the monkhood will somehow make him a better person, but in reality it does nothing.

So Suthep will still be the same person when he comes out the monkhood? Let's try prison then ...

• Like 1

The Farang should seek out the Monk, and with a translator...forgive him, which in turn, would inspire the Monk to go further on the path.

It would also smooth over any ill feeling the Farang has unresolved internally. Then it would then inspire more Thais to ordain or maybe even to meditate.

A real happy ending for all!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The farang deserves more than a slap. I mean...look at that outfit--a PINK shirt with dark blue pedal pushers and thongs! Where are the fashion police when you need them???

And what's sticking out the bottom of the monks duffel bag? Looks eerily like a toilet bowl plunger (crapper packer) tongue.png

LOL