US Senate backs anti-IS spending

Lite Beer

US Senate backs anti-IS spending

The US Senate has approved a new annual defence bill expanding the military campaign against Islamic State (IS).

The bill approves a general Pentagon budget of $496bn (£316bn) plus $64bn for US wars abroad.

The measure also authorises the training and equipping of moderate Syrian rebel fighters for two years.

The bill had already been passed by the House of Representatives and has now been sent to President Barack Obama to sign into law.

Read More: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-30459105

bbclogo.jpg
-- BBC 2014-12-13

Here is another little known provision of the new defense bill...

http://www.globalresearch.ca/congress-authorizes-unlimited-spying-on-us-citizens/5419498

Congress Authorizes Unlimited Spying on US Citizens

“When I learned that the Intelligence Authorization Act for FY 2015 was being rushed to the floor for a vote – with little debate and only a voice vote expected (i.e., simply declared ‘passed’ with almost nobody in the room) – I asked my legislative staff to quickly review the bill for unusual language. What they discovered is one of the most egregious sections of law I’ve encountered during my time as a representative: It grants the executive branch virtually unlimited access to the communications of every American. On Wednesday afternoon, I went to the House floor to demand a roll call vote on the bill so that everyone’s vote would have to be recorded. I also sent the letter below to every representative. With more time to spread the word, we would have stopped this bill, which passed 325-100. Thanks to the 99 other representatives – 44 Republicans and 55 Democrats – who voted to protect our rights and uphold the Constitution. And thanks to my incredibly talented staff.”

Edited by Loptr
  • Like 1

West - East. Democracy - Totalitarianism. USA - Russia. CIA/FBI - FSB. Please explain the differences.

Differences with no distinction any longer.

I applaud the US Government for finally openly funding terrorism. For years it has backdoored monies to jihadists through circuitous appropriations and black projects but can now openly revel in its affirmation of islamic barbarism. It could not be possible to assert a person both voted for this bill and has any F--ing intelligence. To pay for that thing which, if realized, seeks your annihilation is the height of stupidity. If America is going to race to the bottom as other failed civilizations I at least thank them for allowing me front row seats to watch it happen in one lifetime!

Can't please everyone, a huge military spending bill especially.

Since the new Institute for Democracy was founded in 2006 for example it has directly funded democratic movements globally to include media. With this budget, taking sides among terrorists has now become public in a realistic way for all to know and analyze publicly, reject, accept or modify. If all this transparency keeps up the CIA may find itself reduced to opening doors and holding coats.

I applaud the US Government for finally openly funding terrorism.

Not sure about finally. Aid to Israel is pretty open and surely qualifies.

To pay for that thing which, if realized, seeks your annihilation is the height of stupidity.

It does look that way and Libya shows they can't always be contained but I doubt an 'asset' would seek to annihilate its primary sponsor and paymaster. Could it even do that with no Air Force, no Navy, no nukes? Who are ISIS anyway? They came out of nowhere, with shiny new U.S. weaponry, leading some to conclude they are just the same band of fundamentalist bandits, given a Made-for-TV make-over.

I applaud the US Government for finally openly funding terrorism.

Not sure about finally. Aid to Israel is pretty open and surely qualifies.

To pay for that thing which, if realized, seeks your annihilation is the height of stupidity.

It does look that way and Libya shows they can't always be contained but I doubt an 'asset' would seek to annihilate its primary sponsor and paymaster. Could it even do that with no Air Force, no Navy, no nukes? Who are ISIS anyway? They came out of nowhere, with shiny new U.S. weaponry, leading some to conclude they are just the same band of fundamentalist bandits, given a Made-for-TV make-over.

Wow, you and I are dead smack at 50% agreement! For TV posters I would say that is a great success rate! Congrats to us!

Second quote: Less what you say and more of what is suggested by your comments... I agree! IS is the modern world's "Emmanuel Goldstein." After all, Orwell didn't event the "demon" he just demonstrated the extremes of how despots create the very demons we are rallied to defeat- (dehumanization). I am appalled that this government which consumed so much of my life is so utterly abhorrent to me in... in nearly every single thing my government now touches.

I get that you think Israel is a terrorist in the way they behave, but the post lacks the depth that your second quote suggests. Israel is not remotely in the same class as islamic jihadists. Indeed, even the western enablers, the paymasters are really only guilty of arrogance and hubris, but they do not remotely control Islam; though they may think otherwise as they seek to polarize the world, create a caliphate, and realign economic blocs. All the trillions on earth will never defeat islamic jihad. It can only be defeated by killing every single jihadist! Period! You will never make an unhealthy apple in a barrel make it to market by putting healthy apples all around it. Invariably, the apple will still rot, and likely infect those around it.

Your note that assets would not betray the paymaster is a very western, very dangerous perspective. Islam has no paymasters but is permitted to use the coin of the realm to elevate Islam in furtherance of... anything they chose to declare is islamic. Islam has highly evolved social and political and military mechanisms to achieve this very aim (taqiya). You are incorrect that as payees "they" will do the paymaster's bidding... always. Wrong. This is the dangerous error of the western left. Islam will roll right over them when ready.

There has been nearly zero dollars spent on moderate syrian rebels. They do not exist and never did. They cannot exist. they would have zero credibility locally. They would have zero credibility regionally. There are no moderate rebels. What we witness now is another massive, open, transfer of US wealth into the hands of a new caliphate.

The only true lesson from history is that we learn nothing from it!

Afghanistan, Iraq, Vietnam etc. - as soon as the training and arming is finished the local boys know who to turn it against.

Did I miss any country? Perhaps Latin America?...

Wow, you and I are dead smack at 50% agreement! For TV posters I would say that is a great success rate! Congrats to us!
:)
Orwell didn't event the "demon" he just demonstrated the extremes of how despots create the very demons we are rallied to defeat- (dehumanization). I am appalled that this government which consumed so much of my life is so utterly abhorrent to me in... in nearly every single thing my government now touches.
You said it. The extent of the lies is truly astonishing. I used to be shocked by each new revelation. Now I am more detached. Switching off the TV banishes all the bleached-toothed 'experts' and their farcical memes. Likewise Hollywood's corrupt output.

quote]Israel is not remotely in the same class as islamic jihadists.

If that were the case the jihadists would be besieging their mortal enemy Israel instead of Syria. I see a regional Shia/Sunni conflict before any attack on Israel. Research the 1982 'Yinon Plan'. What you see today is the plan being implemented.

All the trillions on earth will never defeat islamic jihad. It can only be defeated by killing every single jihadist! Period!
The Mujahideen were jihadists. We armed and trained them and their offspring are thriving and doing the Empire's bidding. In Bosnia, Chechnya, Libya, Syria, Iraq and anywhere regime change is desired. I don't see any ambition by these Islamists to invade the U.S. My feeling is you lance the boil by getting foreigners out of Muslim lands and leave them alone.
You are incorrect that as payees "they" will do the paymaster's bidding... always. Wrong. This is the dangerous error of the western left. Islam will roll right over them when ready.
I don't consider myself 'left', 'right' or any of these silly labels and it seems to me that right now, Islam is the one under threat, from us rolling right over them. I have yet to see any Islamic army invade Bradford or Barnsley, unless it's through mass immigration and out-breeding. Iran is a fundamentalist theocracy, yet hasn't invaded anyone for hundreds of years.

Give most groups ascendancy and they will try and impose their customs and systems upon everyone else.

What we witness now is another massive, open, transfer of US wealth into the hands of a new caliphate.
I had never heard of a Caliphate until recently. That should tell you it's just another fearmongering 'psy-op'.

Choctastic,

(quote) "I had never heard of a Caliphate until recently." - Because now thanks to Western liberalism Islam can spread its wings over Europe.

(quote) " I have yet to see any Islamic army invade Bradford or Barnsley, unless it's through mass immigration and out-breeding." - You must be blind or, rather, do not want to see it happening.

(quote) " My feeling is you lance the boil by getting foreigners out of Muslim lands and leave them alone." - Half measures! Isolationism is the only answer. It worked for Centuries.

Islam strength is in Q'uran and radicalism. Western weakness is in Liberalism, Multiculturalism and Tolerance. Easy to which one is the winner at the end.