Chinese Couple, Throwing Hot Water And Threatening to Blow Up The Plane Force Return To Bangkok

Lite Beer

And those kind of tourists are the next role models of future target groups past Falangs???? facepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.gif

No, it's just that westerners have become sick of Thailand because 1) it's past it's use by date as we've all visited at least once before and there are other more welcoming destinations 2) the many scams, dual pricing, corruption and other things are becoming tiresome 3) safety, especially on public transport is a concern and many other factors.

The Chinese are innocent and most of them have not encountered these things before as they haven't travelled overseas much so they're next in line to be scammed, injured, killed on public transport etc. hence why they are being targeted by the TAT.

I hoe they got the sh*t kicked out of them and I hope any Thai passengers on board got stuck in a threw a few punches

Scum like this should not be tolerated anywhere

I agree. Except that I didn't hear or read anything that suggests that happened. I'm very surprised though, because normally the first to do so would be fellow Chinese, who have absolutely 0 tolerance for this kind of behavior from their compatriots.

Nice to see its the Chinese for a change and not just the Brits!

Although it can be anyone but unfortunately in recent years more often than not it's been the Chinese. If you've ever travelled around China you wouldn't be surprised. Case in point: on a recent 6-day trip to China I encountered a crazy Chinese woman at a tourist site in Guilin, Guangxi province. It was around 4.50pm and the tourist site we were visiting was about to close for the day (or maybe it was going to close at 6pm, but entry had to be made before 4.30pm or something).

She was there screaming at all the staff that she had this and that right, otherwise if she wasn't going to be let in she should be refunded her money even though it was suggested (I think) that she could enter the next day but of course she wanted to enter that day and that day only. After a 10 minute stand-off where she was about to throw punches at the security guard, she was refunded her money. Everything was back to normal after that.

Back in 2011 I was in Nanning, Guangxi for the ASEAN-China Trade Fair. A man was very angry at being forced to wait like 45 mins before entering and shouted abuse at the officers there, another guy who got involved and everyone else for the FULL 45 mins. It was a crazy sight - almost nothing would cause him to back down. Finally he relented but was stopped by the officers once the doors opened. No idea if he eventually got inside or not.

That's China for you.

Edited by Tomtomtom69

Larry, I will take you up on the offer of tea another time. Though I'd prefer a double espresso.

Yes, I have met a few exceptionally kind Chinese while traveling in the PRC but they are far from the norm. Sadly, each time I am there (or have to deal with them in Taiwan, Japan, Hong Kong, etc), I am amazed at the behavior of the locals. Whether coughing and spitting at the breakfast buffet, walking across busy highways or driving as if each of them had a fire at home, it really is a unique place. Letting kids pee on the sidewalk is just icing on the proverbial cake.

Mainlanders trailer trash. As usual. "Once other passengers got involved" - yeah, I bet.

Having been made to fly several times on planes packed with mainlanders turned me from a neutral position to truly sharing the opinions Hong Kong citizens have regarding mainlanders.

Edited by DaffyDuck
  • Like 1

I ask that TV members continue to try ....there are 900 million nice ones

Engage them and meet them at meetings , local debate clubs and other social events

You will meet some nice ones ...I have to say working with the govt some of the travelers make me cringe and there is a lot of room for improvement ...however once instructions are given ...they do listen

I was at Ta Phrom at Angkor last week and a bunch of Chinese were snapping pics without giving way

I shouted ..."排队” which is queue up in mandarin and told them 要有平静....which is keep the peace here

And immediately they lined up and kept quiet ....the other tourists started clapping and the Chinese joined in starting smiling and everyone was happy .... one small step at a time as most are blessed their hearts traveling for the first time

I ask that TV members continue to try ....there are 900 million nice ones

Engage them and meet them at meetings , local debate clubs and other social events

You will meet some nice ones ...I have to say working with the govt some of the travelers make me cringe and there is a lot of room for improvement ...however once instructions are given ...they do listen

I was at Ta Phrom at Angkor last week and a bunch of Chinese were snapping pics without giving way

I shouted ..."排队” which is queue up in mandarin and told them 要有平静....which is keep the peace here

And immediately they lined up and kept quiet ....the other tourists started clapping and the Chinese joined in starting smiling and everyone was happy .... one small step at a time as most are blessed their hearts traveling for the first time

I wanted to chastize you cos i thought it was a farang trying his darn best to pronounce words in asian languages (which they do badly and they also make fun of asians when they speak english) but i saw your nick and immediately knew you are a fellow singaporean aka a sinkie.

I'll invite you to travel with me at all times in the future, to bark the necessary orders and commands in Mandarin. Good to know ;-)

It's always good to have someone that actually speaks the language to actually say it out rather than a farang to say it.

Just a note,

Please don't treat him like an uncle tom. He's doing you a favor.

Nice to see its the Chinese for a change and not just the Brits!

Ha, some of the Brits who went to Spain and Greece ages ago made a lot of British people cringe with embarrassment !!

Come on, let's be honest. Getting drunk in British themed pubs in Spain and Greece. Walking back to the hotel after a heavy night, puking up (that means vomiting) on the street. Women going out there, don't normally have sex back home, but willing to have sex with other tourists that they hardly know ! And walking around the beaches with other male friends, looking at all the topless women tourists sunbathing. Those women would never be topless back home in Britain. It wasn't a serious problem, but still, what did the local Spanish or Greek people think ?

:)

I'll invite you to travel with me at all times in the future, to bark the necessary orders and commands in Mandarin. Good to know ;-)

It's always good to have someone that actually speaks the language to actually say it out rather than a farang to say it.

Just a note,

Please don't treat him like an uncle tom. He's doing you a favor.

I know and I agree - I was being partially serious.

• 1 month later...

GfwD0WK.jpg

This picture was in the Thai news today, offending Thai sensibilities and causing a bit of a stir.
A Chinese tourist at Chiang Mai airport waiting in departures hung up her underwear to dry on the seats.
The picture was taken a couple of weeks ago.