Lampard

rijit

5 goals in 13 games 4 starts? Says Chelsea made a mistake letting him go, but chelsea sitting at the top of the prem and arguably got better this season says not.. Me, i reckon the chavs got it right , thoughts guys?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by rijit

Go take the dog out for a walk and get some fresh air in your lungs.............much better than sitting on your butt playing with your pc and talking about nonsense facepalm.gif

I suppose you think Mourinho should have given him more time....laugh.png

• Like 1

Go take the dog out for a walk and get some fresh air in your lungs.............much better than sitting on your butt playing with your pc and talking about nonsense facepalm.gif

as opposed to sitting on the comp and criticising others?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Chelsea would have been at least 6 points ahead of us now instead of only 3 if it weren't for Frank smile.png

Money doesn't come into it ....how can it when City own The american club ....in a roundabout way they pay his wages anyway...it was just a crafty little zig(dirty and underhand) to get past the FFP ban they had.

Only if he does stay it will be more in the spotlight what they did....seeing as it will be New Yorks first season operating in the MLS I thought it was very very important that fat frank is there doing his marketing best for them and his employers afterall taht is what they signed him for wasn't it??

Er NO.

We will see.

• Like 2

I thought it was very very important that fat frank is there doing his marketing best for them and his employers afterall taht is what they signed him for wasn't it??

They signed him to play football not to ponce around doing marketing over there. The best way for Frank to market himself is by staying match fit and impressing NYC supporters by playing well in the best league in the world.

laugh.png you have to pay that one petermik, #moyesin

I thought it was very very important that fat frank is there doing his marketing best for them and his employers afterall taht is what they signed him for wasn't it??

They signed him to play football not to ponce around doing marketing over there. The best way for Frank to market himself is by staying match fit and impressing NYC supporters by playing well in the best league in the world.

I know we will not agree on this mate because we have different views on it.

They signed him NYC owned by city football company with the intention of loaning him to MCFC.

If he does not go back at the end of the year when his loan period ends it will be very fishy....surely you can see that?

Especially when pre season starts and it is there first year in the MLS.And you are wrong about the marketing aspect ...all these older pro's are being payed big money to go there and help push the league into a comparable world status so they can move it forward the yanks are masters at this and see the money it will make in the future.

If he stays on at city and i was a NYC fan i would be fissed off that he comes back pucked after a hard season at city.

A total of 175 goals in the Premier League, level with ThierryHenry, says it all for the most consistent attacking midfielder throughout the League's history. We had the best of him but he's still showing his undoubted class now.

• Like 1

A total of 175 goals in the Premier League, level with ThierryHenry, says it all for the most consistent attacking midfielder throughout the League's history. We had the best of him but he's still showing his undoubted class now.

Initially I thought it was a waste of time to bring in Lampard. How wrong I was ! He always seems to be in the right place at the right time. Tremendous pickup by the City braintrust.

• 3 weeks later...

Bet Jose would not have released him had they known that MancC was going to pull that FFP stunt!

I haven't the time to research all the arguments and whether it's a breach of rules or just not one that was expected/provided for, but surely the rules should not allow off-books feeder clubs? Stinks to me.

• Like 1

Told you all,disgraceful really. biggrin.png bordering on cheating again to get round the FFP RULES that they broke last season wink.png

Here is what the fans think......

Frank Lampard: Man City stay prompts New York fans' outrage

Fans of Major League Soccer's New York City are "outraged" by Frank Lampard's decision to stay with Manchester City until the end of the English season.

Lampard, 36, signed for New York after being released by Chelsea last June but then joined the Premier League champions on a short-term deal.

That deal has now been extended to the summer, meaning Lampard could miss the first three months of the MLS season.

New York fans group the Third Rail said it "publicly denounced" the decision.

In a statement, the independent supporters group added: "Many fans, including our members, decided to support the team, committed to season tickets, and bought merchandise under the impression that Frank Lampard would be playing for New York City Football Club, not Manchester City.

"Many of those fans are rightly outraged by this decision, and we support any course of action they take to voice their discontent over this decision."

The Third Rail added: "We reject out of hand any suggestion that NYCFC is in any way secondary to Manchester City FC, regardless of the source, and are disappointed that City Football Group would give such an appearance."MLS franchise New York City are owned jointly by Manchester City and baseball giants the New York Yankees.

Lampard's original move to the Etihad was criticised by Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger, who suggested the club had bypassed Financial Fair Play rules to sign the former England midfielder.

Lampard has scored six goals in 17 appearances for City this season.

The Premier League ends on 24 May, while the Champions League final takes place on 6 June - Manchester City face Barcelona in the last 16 next month.

New York City admitted they do not know when Lampard will join the club.

"His exact starting date with New York City FC will be confirmed as the EPL and MLS seasons unfold," said the American club.

"All parties remain in ongoing dialogue to create the best outcome for all."

Former Liverpool player and New England Revolution coach Steve Nicol told ESPN the deal sent a negative message about MLS to fans.

"It's a disaster for that new franchise, a disaster for MLS," he said.

But MLS deputy commissioner Mark Abbott believes the move remains a positive one for US soccer.

He said: "Frank Lampard's performance at Manchester City reaffirms that he is one of the world's elite midfielders and we look forward to him joining NYCFC during the 2015 season."

Edited by MrRed

Told you all,disgraceful really. biggrin.png bordering on cheating again to get round the FFP RULES that they broke last season wink.png

Who does Falcao belong to? It's ok for you to loan a much younger, supposedly better player but you moan like Billyho at us loaning a player who's club didn't want and his new club hadn't even started their first season.

How can it be bordering on cheating? It's either within the rules or not and this loan is within the rules.

Lampard, 36,

Really Red, I don't know what you are consistently whinging at. He can hardly play a full game and is just used mainly as cover. You are showing your desperation in how the tables have turned. Our Bitter Blue nic is fading to be replaced by Regrettably Red wink.png

Bet Jose would not have released him had they known that MancC was going to pull that FFP stunt!

Funny that. As I haven't heard Mourinho or any Chelsea fan moan about it. The only people I have heard moan is Wenger. Oh and MrRed laugh.png

Your losing it mate...or are you not reading what the New York City fans are saying?

It is not just me anymore tongue.png

Funny that. As I haven't heard Mourinho or any Chelsea fan moan about it. The only people I have heard moan is Wenger. Oh and MrRed laugh.png

Your losing it mate...or are you not reading what the New York City fans are saying?

It is not just me anymore tongue.png

Do you reckon Monaco fans are happy about Falcao

Deary me are you losing your marbles in your old age ? tongue.png what has Falcao got to do with it?

Was he loaned from a club that is owned by United? NO!

Has he extended his previously agreed loan deal? NO!

That is the crux of the matter isn't it any other loan deal is done by the parent club and with there own best interests of the player comes first....NYC bought Lampard and did have the power to call him back as they are the owners of him and there season will soon be opening......now listen carefully this is were it gets very dirty and smelly.....City own NYC and have overridden this agreement so he can stay at City which was the plan i would say from the beginning.

Therefore not giving two hoots about the fans of NYC.

Is the French clubs football season and pre season training about to start? NO!

Did United sign Falcao from a club that it owns to get around the FFP restrictions that were placed upon them due to breaking the rules last season..................A BIG FAT NO!

I hope it is clear now and you understand facepalm.gif

To make it clear for you Gerrard has just announced he is leaving Liverpool at the end of the season....if he goes to LA Galaxy then fine you could loan him and it would not be considered as cheating.Or are you going to sign him as well for NYC and loan him back to City!!!

Edited by MrRed

Deary me are you losing your marbles in your old age ? tongue.png what has Falcao got to do with it?

Was he loaned from a club that is owned by United? NO!

Has he extended his previously agreed loan deal? NO!

That is the crux of the matter isn't it any other loan deal is done by the parent club and with there own best interests of the player comes first....NYC bought Lampard and did have the power to call him back as they are the owners of him and there season will soon be opening......now listen carefully this is were it gets very dirty and smelly.....City own NYC and have overridden this agreement so he can stay at City which was the plan i would say from the beginning.

Therefore not giving two hoots about the fans of NYC.

Is the French clubs football season and pre season training about to start? NO!

Did United sign Falcao from a club that it owns to get around the FFP restrictions that were placed upon them due to breaking the rules last season..................A BIG FAT NO!

I hope it is clear now and you understand facepalm.gif

To make it clear for you Gerrard has just announced he is leaving Liverpool at the end of the season....if he goes to LA Galaxy then fine you could loan him and it would not be considered as cheating.Or are you going to sign him as well for NYC and loan him back to City!!!

This is my fervent hope.biggrin.png

• Like 1

Surprised that I did not get a considered and well-argued justification of the jointly owned feeder-club issue.

What I got was the cliche that is used by all sub-par performing restaurants and hotels - "well, nobody else has complained".

This is an issue for football, not just a clannish fan thing. I'll remind you MancCs that I agree that the Champion's League formula that sees Arsenal get a top slot every year works unfairly.

Thinking supporters do not need to defend their clubs to the death in compromise of their own judgement. That's not a personal attack on Bo - I see it so much on the threads and there are a lot of thinking supporters on here

• Like 1

Surprised that I did not get a considered and well-argued justification of the jointly owned feeder-club issue.

What I got was the cliche that is used by all sub-par performing restaurants and hotels - "well, nobody else has complained".

This is an issue for football, not just a clannish fan thing. I'll remind you MancCs that I agree that the Champion's League formula that sees Arsenal get a top slot every year works unfairly.

Thinking supporters do not need to defend their clubs to the death in compromise of their own judgement. That's not a personal attack on Bo - I see it so much on the threads and there are a lot of thinking supporters on here

Very true Santi it seems the citeh lot are the only ones who don't see what everybody else is seeing now.

It is bent and stinks.