Where can I find a simple, durable flyswatter?

claaay

Can't find one anywhere. Last year I found an adorable pink plastic one at an outdoor market for 10 baht. The flimsy, bendy handle offered little in the way of control and precision, so half my victims escaped. It broke after a few energetic swats anyway. I'm familiar with cheap, durable, well-balanced and highly effective ones from the USA with wire handles. I bet a wooden handle would work fine, but I've never seen one. The handle must hardly flex at all. God, I sound like a connoisseur, sorry.

Is this strictly a farang thing? I've been shopping for a year and have found nothing.

Here's what I'm trying to avoid: battery powered zappers in the shape of a tennis racket; guns that shoot anything; moving parts (telescoping/extendable); stamped from a single piece of plastic; anything humorous/cutesy/fun/entertaining.

post-145582-0-33210000-1418565773_thumb.

Edited by claaay

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I didn't get any replies, probably seems like a flippant inquiry but I swear it was really bugging me.

Made one out of a coat hanger, a piece of screen and some duct tape. It's deadly. Should I go into business?

Merry Christmas everyone and hope you all have a great New Year.

They have these electric ones that look a bit like a small tennis racket in Big C and Tesco. I have seen our security guard using one to swat mosquitos. Can hear the "zzzt" sound when he gets one.

EDIT: Sorry. Just re-read your post and saw the last paragraph.

Edited by phetphet

They have these electric ones that look a bit like a small tennis racket in Big C and Tesco. I have seen our security guard using one to swat mosquitos. Can hear the "zzzt" sound when he gets one.

EDIT: Sorry. Just re-read your post and saw the last paragraph.

Haha, that's OK, thanks for the reply.

• 1 month later...

Update:

I've had to assume that the kind of fly swatter I'm looking for is not available in Thailand. I've taken to making my own with a handle of coat hanger wire or wood, and a swatter made of screen or plastic. They work waaay better than what I've been able to find.

Does anyone know why my original post now has "Advertisement" at the beginning?

It's the notification that the occupant of the space below is an ad (if you turn off your <software that cannot be named>).

I find a rolled up <newspaper that cannot be linked to> works very well as a fly swatter :)

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't mean the above to sound curt but I was on the mobile and it was being temperamental.

Twice I have bought them from the Foodland in Patpong, have also seen them at a stall in Chinatown that sells the tennis raquet/battery powered type.