bought a house .. a few questions

hi all
i bought a small town house last year in pattaya , i dont plan on living there that much , maybe 2-3 months a year , the rest of the time i'll be back in the UK.

Q1 Where should i keep my chanote title ?

i plan on building a car port with balconies + installing all new windows +other building work
Q2 Do i need planning permission for the carport .... is there even such a thing as planning permission ?

i want to fit 3 air-conditioners , 1 in the bedroom , 2 downstairs .
Q3 , I dont know much about air-conditioners , or how to work out what size i need for the different rooms , any advise ?

thanks to anyone who helps out

A1 keep your chanote in a bank safe, or carry it with you.

A2 You don't need building permission for a carport

A3 multiply the sqm of your room with 700 to become the Btu required.

Rooms which are subject to much sunshine or have large windows you may multiply with 800, rooms that have a favorable location with small windows you may use the 600 figure.

Edited by Anthony5
  • Like 1

A1 keep your chanote in a bank safe, or carry it with you.

A2 You don't need building permission for a carport

A3 multiply the sqm of your room with 700 to become the Btu required.

Rooms which are subject to much sunshine or have large windows you may multiply with 800, rooms that have a favorable location with small windows you may use the 600 figure.

What Anthony said, except for #2 you should check with your body corporate first - they might have restrictions about what you can do.

Are you Thai? Whose name is the house in?

Makes absolutely no difference to the OP's question

He can build and make whatever improvements he wants so long as what he does doesn't interfere with his neighbors

So let's not turn this into another way to buy a house in Thailand thread

I was just asking a question of the Op on a forum. Is that not allowed now?

It might make a difference if it's on a 30 year lease etc!

He can build and make whatever improvements he wants so long as what he does doesn't interfere with his neighbors

If it was on a lease he would have leased it not bought it as he said.

• Like 1

If it was on a lease he would have leased it not bought it as he said.

People buy the property then put it into a lease from the developer so they feel like they are in control!

As far as I am aware (having done it), if you build a car port within your boundary, you don't need any permission.

OP says it's a townhouse, not a detached house, so the body corp might even go as far as to specify the color of paint you have to use, let alone what extensions you can make.

As far as I am aware (having done it), if you build a car port within your boundary, you don't need any permission.

OP says it's a townhouse, not a detached house, so the body corp might even go as far as to specify the color of paint you have to use, let alone what extensions you can make.

Depends if the OP is from the UK, Bradbourne%20House,%20Kent-675.jpg on a lighter note, in Thailand a townhouse can be semi detached.

• Like 1

Depends if the OP is from the UK, Bradbourne%20House,%20Kent-675.jpg on a lighter note, in Thailand a townhouse can be semi detached.

Really? wow, OK I learnt something - thanks smile.png

I guess it's over to the OP to figure out if he has a lord's mansion, or a row-house that's governed (or not) by a body corp then wink.png

Edited by IMHO