'Plot To Blow Up Planes' Foiled

udon

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dunno even Zoo class gives free booze. Must be the airline you are flying mate. :D

I fly Aeroflot, son.A hard airline for a hard man. :o And in responce to Amerithai, the only "sprawling" you do is when a cabin attendant knocks you out with a mighty SWIPE. YOU WILL EAT YOUR MEAL, DAMMIT!!!!!!!

Edited by baboon

I'm glad I flew back from the UK when I did, which was sunday/monday with the time difference.

Everything was still normal then, we could take all our electronic toys on board.

Don't think I'll be flying anywhere for a while now :o

Dunno even Zoo class gives free booze. Must be the airline you are flying mate. :D

I fly Aeroflot, son.A hard airline for a hard man. :o And in responce to Amerithai, the only "sprawling" you do is when a cabin attendant knocks you out with a mighty SWIPE. YOU WILL EAT YOUR MEAL, DAMMIT!!!!!!!

LOL! You must be talking about United Aielines with all their senior citizen flight attendants.

Hmmm...Oliver Stone's 9/11 movie premieres, anniversary of 9/11 only weeks away, latest polls show 60% of Americans against the Iraq war, meanwhile Israel moves further into Lebanon and Iran sweats, and now at a very timely moment another "terrrrrrr plot" is thwarted, yet no firm details revealed...only suggestions about the likely source of the "plot" and some arrests of Britons of ...you guessed it...Pakistani origin...all very curious. Am I the only one who think something stinks in the coalition of the witless?

Just watched the news and it looks like a nightmare at Heathrow and Gatwick right now

I think the new security measures will be in place for a very long time if not permantley

Hopefully things will settle down, or some different alternatives put in place that permit safety yet still allow convenience. If any more restrictions are put in place, all passengers may have to board naked.

fruittbatt:

Either that, or they were planning a plot for precisely the reasons you list. We don't know enough yet, so I think it's a little early for the conspiracy theories.

Edited by kat

Hmmm...Oliver Stone's 9/11 movie premieres, anniversary of 9/11 only weeks away, latest polls show 60% of Americans against the Iraq war, meanwhile Israel moves further into Lebanon and Iran sweats, and now at a very timely moment another "terrrrrrr plot" is thwarted, yet no firm details revealed...only suggestions about the likely source of the "plot" and some arrests of Britons of ...you guessed it...Pakistani origin...all very curious. Am I the only one who think something stinks in the coalition of the witless?

:o

This whole war on terror stinks fruitbatt, we have been lied to by our governments before, and more lies will come until they reach their ultimate goal. I find it very hard to believe what is reported to us from our governments now.

Edited by bkkmadness

This whole war on terror stinks fruitbatt, we have been lied to by our governements before, and more lies will come until they reach their ultimate goal. I find it very hard to believe what is reported to us from our governments now.

hen duay!

Some of us actually fly ECONOMY class you know.Yes thats right, totster, some of us turn RIGHT when entering the plane! :D

Wot, no free booze in Zoo class. That's a tad annoying old chap. Oh well, tally ho :o:D

<deleted> rich.Come the revolution son......The pair of you are against the wall.

:D:D I nearly spat my G and T all over the computer then, old boy :D:D

It won't be long, I think, before we'll all be shrinkwrapped naked to our chairs, sedated, and given intravenous feeding tubes during each flight. The flight attendants will be qualified nurses armed with tasers and assault batons. The pilot and co-pilot module will be attached at the last moment after having been arc-welded shut in a secure military compound.

"Steven"

3 cheers for the Boys In BLUE :o

Same boys who shot that Brazilian in the underground last year and came up with false statements as to why they shot him?

Washington just loves these situations. Maybe they should have had another version of one of these 150-hsas.gif to show the failure levels of their foreing policies over the last few decades.

This whole war on terror stinks fruitbatt, we have been lied to by our governments before, and more lies will come until they reach their ultimate goal. I find it very hard to believe what is reported to us from our governments now.

The war on drugs has been a flop, the war on terror is and will be an even bigger flop. Drug use and terrorist attacks are both on a steady rise.

What is the insurance position for all those laptops, cameras, jewelry etc etc that are now passing through the sticky mitts of the baggage handlers, not necessarily in the UK but at destination airports (BKK??).

As it stands, your ticket will generally state that no valuable item should be checked in the hold.

So no hand luggage, laptops stored in the hold and not insured for damage or loss, these conditions would either have to change or 'you pay your money and you take your chance' or 'your money or your life'.

:o

Moss

True, given the choice, but the bomb that was going to be in the overhead bin is now in the hold, is this any safer?

EDIT: Meanwhile, are passengers who do NOT wish to check in their valuables being allowed refunds or alternative flight dates (after all the fuss dies down).

I believe the hand luggage embargo is to stop several individuals putting together a bomb that they would have brought on separately and put together on the actual plane, considering they are speculating of liquid components, this could comprise of several innocent looking items.

Hold luggage I hope goes through a much more vigorous scan technology.

I have also heard that people are being given alternative travel dates upto a couple of months ahead of their cancelled flight.

Moss

Thailand Forum > Thailand News > Thailand News clippings > 'plot To Blow Up Planes' Foiled

Just wondering as a few months ago an article NON-RELATED to Thai news was put on Hold here.....

Maybe its time for a: International News Forum...

Thailand Forum > Thailand News > Thailand News clippings > 'plot To Blow Up Planes' Foiled

Just wondering as a few months ago an article NON-RELATED to Thai news was put on Hold here.....

International news forums tend to cause lots of problems, as opinions are strong, and tempers often short. End result is lots of flame wars and general bad feeling. :o

This thread is here because it a major news story effecting air travel and that's something most of us all use regulary. :D

Er.. Read page one Mighty Horse... Most of our people in Los Travel on planes...

Thailand related?

YES, flights do come from LONDON to BANGKOK (which is in Thailand).

Thailand has now been mentioned in two posts :D

Whilst I appreciate the need for increased security, banning of hand baggage???

What is the insurance position for all those laptops, cameras, jewelry etc etc that are now passing through the sticky mitts of the baggage handlers, not necessarily in the UK but at destination airports (BKK??).

Just be thankfull you got to your destination airport. Think I would rather lose my laptop than my life!

Well done to the anti terrorist police,

Well done MI5 - I'd buy you all pints if I were in the UK right now. :D:o

If you did, they might have to kill ya!

Dont get me wrong, if security has to be stepped up, so be it. But no BOOKS? What is the reason for this? Imagine a journey from London to L.A. or Bangkok with only a crappy inflight magazine for company?

Well... I dunno... there's always the free booze to keep you occupied... :D

totster :D

More and more airlines are not giving away free booze anymore to the zoolanders.

a real easy answer:

im just glad im not flying to or from england and i'll just stay in los please.

:D

I have hardly flown, since flying has no more been pleasruble, since the late nineties. No smoking, less drinking, less space, less air, and generally being shepharded like a f((((g sheep.

Already before all this terrorism I didn´t enjoy flying anymore.

This lakeside in Guatemala will do me.

There´s always the bus.

fruittbatt:

Either that, or they were planning a plot for precisely the reasons you list. We don't know enough yet, so I think it's a little early for the conspiracy theories.

You are on the coalition aren´t you... You´re a Jew! ArGH!!111 Everybody run!!!!!

:D

Hey Kat, Have you flown back already---?

Edited by kayo

Some of us actually fly ECONOMY class you know.Yes thats right, totster, some of us turn RIGHT when entering the plane! :D

Wot, no free booze in Zoo class. That's a tad annoying old chap. Oh well, tally ho :o:D

<deleted> rich.Come the revolution son......The pair of you are against the wall.

:D:D I nearly spat my G and T all over the computer then, old boy :D:D

Best thing you can do with the G and T mate... :D

More and more airlines are not giving away free booze anymore to the zoolanders.

Well.. I fly with one of the cheapest airlines flying between LHR and BKK... plenty of booze on that plane, and it's an Middle Eastern carrier too... :D

Meanwhile.... here on the local front:

DonMuang.jpg

Passenger queue up at the airport check-in at Bangkok International airport, in Bangkok, Thailand, Thursday, Aug. 10, 2006. The United States and England raised their airport security in response to a terror plot discovered in Britain, but there was no increased security visible at the Bangkok airport. (AP Photo)

Hmmm..... the AP needs to consult with Khun Chotisak regarding "HIS" airport. He says the opposite:

Security tightened at Don Muang airport

Airports of Thailand (AoT) yesterday tightened security measures at Don Muang International Airport after reports of a thwarted terrorist plot to blow up several aircraft heading to the US from London’s Heathrow airport.

AoT President Chotisak Asapaviriya said additional security officers with handheld metal detectors had been assigned to scan passengers after immigration and sniffer dogs had been deployed to patrol the terminals and baggage areas. The military had provided additional handheld detectors, Chotisak added. “I just want to make sure that passengers and airlines are safe in my airport.”

Chotisak said he had written to every airline assuring them of the airport’s safety and offering additional support if required, but also said passengers should not panic as Thailand was not a terrorist target.

Meanwhile, Thai Airways International announced that its two daily flights between Bangkok and London operated as usual yesterday, although flight TG 911 from London to Bangkok was delayed by several hours at Heathrow as passengers who had already checked-in were not allowed to carry any handbags or cabin baggage on board, except for their passports, boarding passes, personal medication and other important documents. Flight TG 916 from Bangkok to London was on schedule. THAI advised passengers to call 02 356 1111 or 02 628 2000 to check for any updates to flight schedules.

ThaiDay

Security tightened at Don Muang airport

Airports of Thailand (AoT) yesterday tightened security measures at Don Muang International Airport after reports of a thwarted terrorist plot to blow up several aircraft heading to the US from London’s Heathrow airport.

Tightened security as in the 30 minute hourly noodle break has been cut to only 15 mins and the 15 minute hourly sleep break has raised to 30 minutes, so the highly trained staff are far more vigilant , when awake :o

It won't be long, I think, before we'll all be shrinkwrapped naked to our chairs, sedated, and given intravenous feeding tubes during each flight. The flight attendants will be qualified nurses armed with tasers and assault batons. The pilot and co-pilot module will be attached at the last moment after having been arc-welded shut in a secure military compound.

"Steven"

Jasus.. sounds like you've been thinking that one up for a long while... didn't know you were into S&M, do the flight attendents all have handlebar moustaches and wear leather chaps.. ? :o

Its on CNN now. They are stopping people even taking drinks on board. Just in case its a liquid bomb. Stopping virtually everything.

Please tell me that they do not include "liquid" served on board. :o

Maybe I shouldnt make a joke however, jokes aside it would probably not be long before we have terrorists employed as cargo personell or airline staff as the next step in their worldwide conquest.

I can not believe the level of comittment and brainwash of suicide bombers.

Warning to UK-bound Thai flyers

The Foreign Ministry yesterday recommended Thais with no urgent business in the United Kingdom postpone their trips after a plot to bomb aircraft shuttling between the United States and the UK was foiled.

Foreign Minister Kantathi Suphamongkhon instructed the Thai embassy in London to monitor the situation and report back to Bangkok regularly.

People with a real need to visit the UK should get the latest updates from agencies, including the Foreign Affairs Ministry, before departure and should observe all advisories from British authorities, the ministry's statement said.

Thais in the UK were not panicking over the threat, ministry spokesman Kitti Wasinondh said.

The embassy in London recommends Thais refrain from gathering in public places, he said.

Read the full report in The Nation here.

The embassy in London recommends Thais refrain from gathering in public places, he said.

:o:D:D:D

The British arrests were made after security sources decided that plans to explode liquid bombs on airliners flying from the United Kingdom to America could have been executed within 48 hours.

Paul Stephenson, the Metropolitan Police deputy commissioner, said: "This was intended to be mass murder on an unimaginable scale."

It is believed that the plan was for different passengers to carry peroxide-based liquid explosive in drinks containers and detonators disguised as everyday electronic devices and combine them on board.US officials said the airlines to be attacked were United, American and Continental, which fly to New York, Washington and California, and that the alleged plot bore some of the marks of al-Qa'eda. It is thought that the terrorists planned to blow up the aircraft in three simultaneous waves, possibly over major cities to cause maximum loss of life

bbc news..

thanks to the diligent workings of the police and military in the usa , the uk and pakistan , this plot has been foiled.

long may the war on terror continue .

Edited by taxexile

I hope this all falls into place and under wraps soon ,though, 'cause can you imagine: never boarding a plane with liquid products again :D As a female, that boogles the mind :D

and because of the potential of stashing packages of chemicals internally - it might be advisable to prepare for the cavity searches before leaving for the airport :D:o

Passengers required to taste baby milk

LONDON: Passengers with infants were required to taste bottles of baby milk before being allowed on British flights yesterday as security measures were ramped up due to fears of a terror plot.

Apart from baby milk, which has to be tasted, liquids were being removed from passengers.

- The Star