After 6 month UK Visit Visa, How Long Out Of Country Before Spouse Visa Application?

Hi guys,

First off I do apologise if this has been answered somewhere in one of the pinned topics, I will get to them this evening but in the meantime I just have a quick question regarding how long my wife would have to leave the UK after a 6 month visit visa before applying for a spouse visa.

Say we go back to the UK and she spends 6 months there on a visit visa with me while I work (earning the minimum income salary), how long would she have to be out of the UK before applying for a spouse visa?

I understand with visit visas the applicant can only spend 6 months out of 12 in the UK but in the scenario like above, is there a time frame she would have to be out of the UK?

Thanks a lot for any replies here, this forum is an excellent source of information and knowledgeable people smile.png

Cheers!

Providing she has all the supporting documents, she could submit her application the day she returns to Thailand, there's no qualifying period.

In fact she could lodge the application online from the UK, and submit the hard copy and evidence as soon as she's back.

I'm assuming she will have her English language and TB certificates?

• Like 1

Hi theoldgit,

Thanks for your helpful reply and information biggrin.png

She doesn't yet have her English language or TB certificates, no solid plans in place at the moment but I just wanted to find that out thumbsup.gif

The certificates must be held before the application, is that right? I will start to have a read through the pinned topics coffee1.gif

Cheers again!

Matt

She doesn't have her English language or TB certificates, no solid plans in place at the moment but I just wanted to find that out thumbsup.gif

The certificates must be held before the application, is that right? I will start to have a read through the pinned topics coffee1.gif

Yes, they need to be submitted with the application.