Mom terrifies toddler with roach, captures his tears on video to show off her ace parenting

webfact

So please tell me everyone... where can I find this guide you've all read on how to be a perfect parent? (I hope it's not one of those written by Bill Cosby!)

My parents are guilty of all the things you accuse this woman of. Should I call the police? Should I seek help from a psychiatrist?

Or should I just laugh at the ridiculous comments suggesting that this boy will suffer any long term damage from being threatened with an insect?

You're probably too screwed up by now but you don't know it.

You can see the kid loves his mother but love is being destroyed by fear. He won't run because she knows she will beat him. Someone needs to plant their foot squarely in her ass......

so you prefer the physically violent approach?

See people like you are just too dumb to get it. I mean, look at the way you phrase your statement..... "so you prefer the physically violent approach?" Well, I cannot speak for all of us, but I think a good portion of us would prefer an approach that does not include psychological torment OR physical violence.

I really, really hope you don't have kids (and never will).

Edited by inbangkok

You can see the kid loves his mother but love is being destroyed by fear. He won't run because she knows she will beat him. Someone needs to plant their foot squarely in her ass......

See people like you are just too dumb to get it. I mean, look at the way you phrase your statement..... "so you prefer the physically violent approach?" Well, I cannot speak for all of us, but I think a good portion of us would prefer an approach that does not include psychological torment OR physical violence.

Err.. it wasn't a STATEMENT it was a QUESTION. Of course I don't condone physical violence on anyone, especially a child. I was slating the poster for suggesting that kicking the mother would offer a solution.

Err.. it wasn't a STATEMENT it was a QUESTION. Of course I don't condone physical violence on anyone, especially a child. I was slating the poster for suggesting that kicking the mother would offer a solution.

OK, I offer my apologies because clearly I misunderstood what you were trying to convey in your posting. Again, my apologies for misunderstanding.

Lots of judging on here of the mom. Do you have a two year old? Haven't you ever been driven crazy by them? The mom is trying to scare her son into being good without hitting him. Hell, even my wife does the "scary dookay (lizard) routine" with our child, not waving one at her of course, but just saying a dookay will get her if she's bad. It's harmless. I know a Thai woman studying for her PhD in linguistics and she recounts funny stories of her mom doing this to her when she was a child. "Eat your rice or the dookay will get you." She's grown up to be normal. It's just what they do, especially in the countryside.

So while all of you armchair psychologists are pounding away at the keyboard about how horrible this mother is and how she doesn't deserve children, and oh, that poor child....just think about what you are saying. Get angry at real violence like the man who while drunk beat and killed his 8 year old son who didn't do his homework. Get angry at the story in India of a mom who tossed her newborns in a bin. Get angry at the news of a child forced to live behind a secret wall in his own house. Get angry at REAL abuse, not this crap.

That woman does not need to apologize to us, and I'm glad she didn't.

Everyone understands there is worse abuse than this but this type of non-violent psychological abuse creates deep seated psychological problems which manifest themselves later in life, but there's always a Devil's Advocate.

Giving a child a slap occasionally is not wrong provided they know what the slap is for and because they did something dangerous to deserve it.

I'm sure that any woman could encourage their child to eat without the "something's gonna happen if you don't approach". Much easier to let your kid eat when he's hungry and turn the music up if he's having a fit. Do country people really know what they are doing anywhere?

A couple of years ago I visited my sister and the only way she could get her 2 year old son to eat was to have a nanny spoon speed him, my sister would prepare several different choices as he would always reject most of it, and the feeding would take about an hour at least, and 80% would end up on the floor, on top of that I had to sit next to the little brat holding a little video player and he would tell me which cartoons he wanted to watch. I couldn't put the player down, I had to hold it in my hand and present it to him or he would not eat.

I couldn't believe what was happening and made eye contact with my sister and she basically gave me a pleading look, like please just run with this.

I think the cockroach approach is far better parenting. thumbsup.gif

What on earth is the word coming to - I see absolutely nothing unusual about this.. Who do the writers of Coconuts think they are to say what is good and bad parenting. Far from neutral reporting.

This is the Thai style of parenting and personally I think it produces psychologically better people than say the USA. Take a look at how many of their adults are on antidepressants or tranquilizers compared to Thailand's adults.

I was shocked that in many parts of India they give opium to babies to stop them crying. In Orissa, I couldn't buy a beer but could buy ganja and opium The Indians were shocked that in Scotland we give whisky to kids for a cold or to stop crying.

FYI, A LOT of Thai adults are on ADs, a disproportionate amount of nut jobs are walking the streets and an inmate number of Thais have psychological issues.

Fear should play no part in parenting. I sincerely hope you don't have kids!