Extension fo stay

Hello,

This year I moved from Prachuapkirikhan to Chonburi with my girlfriend and 6 year old son.

In Prachuabkirikhan I renewed my extension of stay two times without any problems, I put the THB 400.000 on a separate bank account for two / three months, as we are no married went to the local office to get a paper that my son is my son, get papers from school that he studies there, pictures from the house, map to my house (hand made!!), rental agreement, papers from my landlord etc etc. At the end I had two nice packs of paper for the immigration officer that he checked and three weeks later had my extension of stay without questions asked.

No I live in Chonburi and found on Thaivisa the following info: http://www.thaivisa.com/extensionsextension-based-on-support-of-a-child.html

As I am now over 50 years old does this mean I almost have nothing to show anymore compared to when I was 49 years old?

• - Application form, gues TM.7??
  • - Copy of the proof of relationship (Birth Certificate, or other papers issued by official organizations or government agencies
  • - Letter from the district office confirming you are the parent.
  • - Government fee of bt1900

Went to Immigration office already but when I came home I found out that I took the wrong form with me: "Criteria for Consideration ad Supporting for Application for Extension of Stay to Support Thai Spouse"

As it is quite far I don't want to go back anymore, hopefully somebody can confirm that the requirement above are correct.

Sound so strange that they require almost nothing compared to last year

Thanks,

The link you posted is out of date. Your age does not matter.

I suggest you put together all the same documents you did before to get the extension in Prachuapkirikhan.

You will still need to have the 400k baht in the bank and a bank letter to prove it. I think Jomtien immigration follows the rules for an extension based upon being the parent of a Thai thus meaning the money only has to be in the bank on the date you apply (no 2 or 3 months requirement).

I am sorry to say, but that is outdated info. New rules are now in effect, but if you can apply for an extenson based on your child without the need to show money remains unclear. The curent rules say you can apply for an extension based on being supported by a Thai child, but do not give any criteria.

The letter from the amphur might not be enough. many offices want to see proof that you legalised the child as yours, it is unclear to me if you oficially leitimized the child. (Normally you can not do that at the amphur untill the child is 6 or years old and would need to go through court).

I live in Banglamung and went to the immigration office in Pattaya and even there the information they provide on paper is wrong!

For example, I read that you have to put TB 500.000 for three months on your bank account but it is only TB 400.000.

The website mentioned on the road signs www.chonburiimmigration.com does not work / exist - http://www.thailandblog.nl/wp-content/uploads/Immigration-Pattaya.png

March next year I will post the requirements - if my extension of stay is approved...

They gave you the paper to get an extension for being the parent of a non Thai child attending school. That extension requires 500k baht in the bank.

http://chonburi.immigration.go.th/ "This account has been suspended.

Either the domain has been overused, or the reseller ran out of resources"

I guess they forgot to pay the bill.

Ubonjoe, I was told by the French Immigration Officer who work at the Chonburi Immigration Office that it is only TB 400.000 but I will double check this again (in Prachuabkirikhan it was only TB 400.000 - I got an extension of stay there two times)