Reflecting On How Moving To Thailand Changed Our Outlook On Life

8milesfromhome

Seem to see you walking around Central Plaza in Chiang Rai from time to time. I guess you have moved up this way. Having moved here myself when I was 23, I can more easily identify with what you are going through than I can with retirees of my present age group. I enjoy seeing people break free from the confines of "normal" life, and having the courage to forge their own path when they are still young enough to have a long path ahead. Only time will tell how you look back on this time in your life but you have been changed forever. Unlike people of my generation your youth is being well documented which will add a different twist as you age.

• Like 1

Nice video, but I can't help noticing how the girls never smile. Seemed kinda sad to me.

Did you watch past the first 20 seconds? I thought the girls had lovely smiles, although at times i believe the serious face was just for when the camera was rolling and they were doing a pose.

"Seemed kinda sad to me".....they are having the times of their lives.partytime2.gif

Sacha, next time your snorkelling and when your 4,000 metres up Mt. Kinabula, please give inzman a big smile biggrin.png even thou we all know it's very hard to even breathe.

Great video and story, please keep them coming clap2.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

"When I lived in England, I was programmed to live a certain way"

Only if you allow it, you can be a dropout, tearaway, beggar, scrounger anywhere you like. perhaps not North Korea but almost everywhere else.

Thailand has its limitations just like anywhere.