Police checkpoints list in Thailand, is it legal to post where are the cops trying to harass tourist

ThaiSanookGuy

Sorry to dash your hopes, but no, I don't feel the same way........................wink.png

As an aside, what would be the point of posting a list of police checkpoints anyway? All they have to do is see the list and change the locations of the checkpoints so you would have to compile a new list.

Leave it the way it is, the local drums pass that information quite well, as they have done for decades....................thumbsup.gif

Talking of checkpoints, for any car drivers out there, i was stopped by police on the Ekkamai over pass to Rama 9 at 3.30am this morning and breathalyzed. Judging by the state of people falling out some of the bars on Ekkamai road i presume it was a productive stop.

First time in 8 years of doing 10's of thousands of km a year that i have been stopped and actually breathalyzed.

In Western Australia the police actually published in advance where there radar speed traps were to be located. Their thinking being that such knowledge would slow drivers down and drive more carefully. Over the years there have been many, many instances of TVisa posters naming locations of activities of the BIB, I've never once heard that it might in any way be illegal.

• Like 1

Only a criminal wouldn't like cops. Aiding and abetting a crime is a crime in Thailand, though they don't call it that.

Suppose a drunk avoids a checkpoint reading your list, kills a couple, or you. You happy now?

only a criminal wouldnt like cops?? lol

• Like 1

" i never respected any cop anywhere in the world "

I wonder why that is? Time to look in the mirror perhaps.

I let a cop make his first bust ever....shame for him really.

The Sergeant back at the station sent him to make some tea while the pair of us had a chinwag about the best designer spots on the Kings Rd.

I did get a free short time room and a photo for my efforts though! :P

Only a criminal wouldn't like cops.

Idiotic statement. The majority of Thais absolutely despise the police but they're not criminals.

A lot of people have issues with the police in other countries because

of their heavy handedness and propensity for profiling. I'll sit back and wait

for the time-honored "if they've done nothing wrong, they've nothing to

fear" line but it seems that with every passing day, more and more people have something

to fear from law enforcement

• Like 2

Only a criminal wouldn't like cops. Aiding and abetting a crime is a crime in Thailand, though they don't call it that.

Suppose a drunk avoids a checkpoint reading your list, kills a couple, or you. You happy now?

I will bet that the only time you ever drove over the speed limit that you went straight to the poilce station and turned yourself in

There's an old saying that says "Nothing Good Happens After Midnight".

If your out after midnight chances are that you are drunk or have been taking drugs.

Have you ever noticed that the Cops don't set up checkpoints at 06.00 AM?

• Like 1

Only a criminal wouldn't like cops.

Idiotic statement. The majority of Thais absolutely despise the police but they're not criminals.

A lot of people have issues with the police in other countries because

of their heavy handedness and propensity for profiling. I'll sit back and wait

for the time-honored "if they've done nothing wrong, they've nothing to

fear" line but it seems that with every passing day, more and more people have something

to fear from law enforcement

Most Pikeys probably feel the same as you.

I guess that's what happens, when they are always skirting along the edges of the law.

• Like 1

There's an old saying that says "Nothing Good Happens After Midnight".

If your out after midnight chances are that you are drunk or have been taking drugs.

Have you ever noticed that the Cops don't set up checkpoints at 06.00 AM?

As a young bloke I use to love the night shift.

Plenty of action and biffo.

Never a dull moment.

Full moon late shifts were always exciting.

Ahh the good old days, when we use to pick grubs up and give them a good shaking. :D

• Like 1