​Kindle author in Bangkok: When do you stop being a failed author?

Thaistory

Wow, people, I'm impressed! Why so much racial hate?

Obviously, writing, blogging, and YouTube is not my main income generator and I do have a "real" job (working legally here in Bangkok).

And yes, I did post here for views and feedback. I guess I got both. Thanks a lot.

Edited by Thaistory

Obviously, writing, blogging, and YouTube is not my main income generator and I do have a "real" job (working legally here in Bangkok).

And yes, I did post here for views and feedback. I guess I got both. Thanks a lot.

No racial hate from me dude, in fact I actually stuck up for you! Unless you paid for those subs on YT you will get there in the end! Don't be discouraged you have to keep working on it!

• Like 1

I have a pretty funny story about Amazon Kindle. A year or so back, the company I was working for at the time in Zurich, asked me if any of our content might be suitable to publish on Amazon Kindle, simply as another marketing channel. So I went through all of our white papers/case studies and converted a few of them to work with the Kindle format.

As this was not a serious initiative, just a quick test, I just published them using my own Amazon account, at the minimum retail value possible, we just wanted to get these things read to achieve a wider brand reach.

I then completely forgot about them, that is until a couple of months later I got a cheque from Amazon for £272 in the post. I asked the company what to do with the cash? They said just forget it. I now keep getting a cheque from Amazon every couple of months, it's a nice little bonus! haha!

What was / is the content you turned into golden rings then if I may be so bold?

No racial hate from me dude, in fact I actually stuck up for you! Unless you paid for those subs on YT you will get there in the end! Don't be discouraged you have to keep working on it!

That's why I liked your comment. I was not referring to you. Thanks.

The YouTube channel's been up for 7 years. Audience and subscribers are slowly growing. Thanks for the thumbs up.

Edited by Thaistory