​Kindle author in Bangkok: When do you stop being a failed author?

Thaistory

28 dollars in 2 years.....

Sounds like digital pikery to me but then the pikeys will tell us it's the only life to live, HiSo birds, takeaway pasta meals, can work anywhere in the World and that we 'wage slaves' are mugs cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

I wonder what visa the pikey author resides here on?

Such quality tourists.

They must brain storm at the grindhouse......amongst other things.

I can just picture it. A notice going up on the grindhouse wall

Brainstorming session tonight 8pm @Boiler room basement

Mama Noodles and lukewarm Archa for all (BYO) (though we can post on TV forum that we're eating top quality takeaway Italian food and drinking fine wines)

Prizes for the best fantasies

Prize for any member who has broken the 20 dollar mark in two years

All Welcome but Sorry! Strictly No Wage Slaves

• Like 1

In his defense, how many of you guys have got a youtube channel with over a 1000 subscribers? That's what he has got and is probably making a small sum of youtube each day. It only adds up with each video he adds. wink.png

With all due respect it has to be more than the 28 bucks he made as an author.

In his defense, how many of you guys have got a youtube channel with over a 1000 subscribers? That's what he has got and is probably making a small sum of youtube each day. It only adds up with each video he adds. wink.png

laugh.png

28 Bucks wow, big, big money

• Like 1

I have a pretty funny story about Amazon Kindle. A year or so back, the company I was working for at the time in Zurich, asked me if any of our content might be suitable to publish on Amazon Kindle, simply as another marketing channel. So I went through all of our white papers/case studies and converted a few of them to work with the Kindle format.

As this was not a serious initiative, just a quick test, I just published them using my own Amazon account, at the minimum retail value possible, we just wanted to get these things read to achieve a wider brand reach.

I then completely forgot about them, that is until a couple of months later I got a cheque from Amazon for £272 in the post. I asked the company what to do with the cash? They said just forget it. I now keep getting a cheque from Amazon every couple of months, it's a nice little bonus! haha!

• Like 1