Good Places To Meet Friends

Moude

Can you give us some more information about where you are, who you are, and what you're looking for? Are you a Thai looking for a white foreigner?

If you're in Bangkok, looking for white foreigners, and you're a Thai, I'm afraid there are very few gay places where foreigners often go that moneyboys have not already discovered. That is one of the quandaries of being on the scene in Bangkok. Assuming you are Thai, I understand you want to be careful about going places that moneyboys often do- I have met Thai guys who were really, really tired of being suspected or accused of being moneyboys, or even worse, being treated as moneyboys.

Your chances are best, I think, in restaurants, art galleries, movie theaters, and even the BTS- not in any of the "scene" places like discos or bars, where it would be harder for you to stand out from the crowd (assuming you're Thai).

There are a lot of white guys on the scene, however- you might get lucky and find a good one who isn't a tourist. I'd say look for the ones in groups who have friends; less likely to be tourists.

Good luck!

"Steven"

Thanks Steven for the advice. Yes, I am Thai living in Bangkok. What you wrote about the gay scene here was really true.

I do not know any guys in this group 'cos today is my second day in this forum. I hope to meet ordinary farangs for friendship first but it is not appropriate to post ad in this webboard.

I heard that this Sunday will be a gay night at Bed Supperclub. Never been there but it is worth to try. Have anyone been there on a gay night?

Never been. I suppose I should try it one of these days, though I have the feeling it's probably a bit on the trendy side for me.

You will most likely meet new people, but I don't know if a disco is the best place to look for friends or potential dates. Good luck, and let us know how it works out.

"Steven"

I just want to second what Ijustwannateach said. Best of luck! It sounds like it should not be too difficult for you find a very nice guy out there. With your English and all. Maybe, once you find the one, you could write and share your experience and give us few Thais here some tips if you want to, of course. (I am that few lurking Thai here on this board, he..he..) Just kidding. :D

:o

I broke up with my farang boyfriend several months ago. I am now looking for a new healthy relationship.

Welcome to the forum. You say YOU broke up with your farang B/f. If it isn't too painful, I would be interested to know what made you break up with him? I think Thai guys seem to try harder to make relationships work, more than farangs. I would imagine it takes alot more to make a Thai walk away than a farang. I have a Thai friend who is in a relationship with a farang who treats him badly but he still stays with him. He says he loves him and that's enough for him despite the obvious problems.

Anyway as a farang I would be interested to know from a Thai perspective, if that's ok with you.

Good luck with the healthy relationship search and beware there are a few questionable characters on here :o

I heard that this Sunday will be a gay night at Bed Supperclub. Never been there but it is worth to try. Have anyone been there on a gay night?

I think most of the members on here ARE in bed by 9pm, but with a cup of cocoa :D

Edited by DUMPSTER

It seems that most guys in this forum are farangs. I do not think thai guys are more tolerate in keeping relationship. It depends on persons. For Thai STRAIGHT couples, I agree that wives try harder to make relationships work. If we assume Thai guys act like wives, it might be true that Thai guys try harder than farangs, especially when those guys need supports i.e. finance, residence, social status, emotion. For my case, I broke up because I did not feel like continuing the relationship as partners. My last relationship was imbalance after spending a few years. I felt that something in my life was missing and I would not fulfill. An attractive force seems to be weaker when you have spent long time together. Before I made up my mind, my ex had been away for a few months and then I realized that I was happier without him. I preferred keeping friendship with him as a good friend but it was impossible for him. He told me he could not see me as a friend, so we had to stop seeing each other.

The BED SUPPERCLUB, it is a good up market place. It was getting crowed after 11pm that was not too late. I normally go to bed early, so I took a nap in that afternoon. Although it was a gay night but there are some straight people. The nicest thing is no a single moneyboy last Sunday.

Thanks for the well-wishes from "Noctiluca".

I know there are some guys match me out there. The keys are where? and how? to meet them. I still have not found yet. I have to count on destiny. :o

I wouldn't worry too much about where you go. Go where ever you want to go and meet as many people as you can. Just make sure you don't act like a moneyboy and chances are you won't get treated like one.

I've met some really wonderful Thai guys in places like Silom Soi 4. Some of these have been long-lasting friendships, they weren't moneyboys, they were really nice guys who enjoyed being out and about.

The point is you have to meet people and that's the trick. You have to go to where the people are to meet them.

Best of luck--who ever you find is a very lucky person.