Blame-the-Chinese fever heats up after rumored vandalism at Temple of the Emerald Buddha

webfact

To the above comment, I say this.
I know a man who doesn't like Pakistanis, but he went and married one. I know a man who doesn't like black people, but he still lives with a mixed-race black woman.

If you don't like people of whatever race or ethnic group, well, it's a bit silly to think that the one woman that you've picked is special and different to all those who are in her race or ethnic group.

Okay, you marry that woman, you've got to bear in mind that you will end up having to see her family and friends. So if you don't like Chinese people, and your bird is Chinese, well, you will very likely have to see her Chinese family and friends. Most people will have the majority of their friends being in the same race or ethnic group that they themselves are in. That's a bit like saying that most Thais will have Thais who make up the bulk of their friends. Most Germans I know have friends were lots of those friends are actually German.

Why marry or live with somebody, when you don't like people who are from that race or ethnic group ? For me, I'd rather marry or live with somebody who is from a race or ethnic group that I have no problems with. :)

To the above comment, I say this.

I know a man who doesn't like Pakistanis, but he went and married one. I know a man who doesn't like black people, but he still lives with a mixed-race black woman.

If you don't like people of whatever race or ethnic group, well, it's a bit silly to think that the one woman that you've picked is special and different to all those who are in her race or ethnic group.

Okay, you marry that woman, you've got to bear in mind that you will end up having to see her family and friends. So if you don't like Chinese people, and your bird is Chinese, well, you will very likely have to see her Chinese family and friends. Most people will have the majority of their friends being in the same race or ethnic group that they themselves are in. That's a bit like saying that most Thais will have Thais who make up the bulk of their friends. Most Germans I know have friends were lots of those friends are actually German.

Why marry or live with somebody, when you don't like people who are from that race or ethnic group ? For me, I'd rather marry or live with somebody who is from a race or ethnic group that I have no problems with. smile.png

Oh this is very typical because they can act out their fantasies of white superiority whereby the woman they married married them cos they were so special especially to the men of their race so that they can show off racial superiority when in actual fact it was cos of money they won't ever admit this.

• Like 1

I will play the devil's advocate. There are about 4.3 billion Asians in the world. ONE will be a complete idiot and make the news every day in another country. Then people will argue about where in Asia...but to the people in other countries they don't care they will spew their hatred. 2 billion Christians. Same thing. 1.5 billion who follow Islam. Then we have an article about people from a place with about 1.2 billion people and the negative Karma spews over the web.....I've seen the aggressiveness as well, first hand. I've also seen things in America that are not good. I've read about unnecessary bombings, killings, etc from tons of countries, of course including China. Go ahead, throw your stones and build up your bad Karma in a place that should take that extremely seriously (for another thread). But when the next article comes about about a bad person from your country, please act the same.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

When you are not happy with the Ugly American... What do you replace them with? Those dirty Chinese??? Hmmmmm...

I think just as you may have had the "ugly American" syndrome 30 or 40 years ago, that has been replaced in Pattaya with the ugly Russian and perhaps in Phuket with the ugly Aussie, with that said we are talking in all of these cases about a few bad apples giving their respective countrymen a bad name, however in the case with the Chinese tourists it doesn't seem to be a few bad apples but rather a larger behavioral problem with the Chinese themselves. Thailand's tourism industry is between a rock and a hard place given the economy in Europe, and the falling currency values in Russia, Australia and Japan sad.png I don't know what the answer is for the Thai tourism sector, but the Thai government needs to put their foot down on this behavioral problem that the Chinese tourists exhibit or else they may find themselves losing the few western tourists that will still come to Thailand, and then all they will be left with are the Chinese and the Koreans shock1.gif.pagespeed.ce.Q3XOm0fuQscSXB5r

Don't forget the Indians, always a classic situation to see four of them bartering for the services

of one Thai girl..

Ugly Americans ? Wow you must be in some kind of 30 year time warp. Nowadays Americans are regarded as pretty good tourists....

Just change this to farang from UK tourists doing it and you will see how defensive these posters become. They don't judge on the actions of the person but based on the race.

I'm pretty sure that British people would be highly defensive ! What about other people ?

About two decades ago, loads of young British people would go to Spain or Greece for a holiday. People would go there, just to ____ other tourists, get drunk, do rowdy behaviour in the hotels and bars, etc.

I'm not really sure how the local Spanish people felt about this. I know some of them tolerated the bad behaviour because they actually worked in the hotels and bars. They knew their jobs were dependent on the foreign customers. But they did hope for a future where they wouldn't have to put up with the yobs. And it wasn't just blokes from England who were louts and yobs, some of the girls also caused problems !!

Omg we are not safe.

Think I saw then in china town.

What, you mean Chinatown in London, in Gerrard Street ?

Yeah, I know the feeling. Turn up in Chinatown, and all you want is a decent Chinese meal, and you go into a Chinese restaurent. You sit down, and you notice loads of Chinese tourists in the place, all talking away in their Chinese language. These people take over lots of tables, talk loudly, are sometimes rude to the staff, and they make you feel that you don't matter, bearing in mind that they're customers just like you.

These people are annoying, and I feel sorry for the staff, having to put up with them. Mind you, some of the staff are actually from China, so they're probably use to such rude and bad behaviour. Actually, if the staff are from China, well, they deserve to be treated in this way. Chinese staff receiving this bad behaviour from Chinese louts is justice. They're only getting a taste of their own medicine, they're only having to put up with what the rest of us have to put up with.........

Frankly! We cannot blame visitors like the Chinese while they are bringing lot of wealth to the country, they are very clever, may be if they take the Emerald Buddha to China, they can copy it and export lot of them to Thailand and other countries.

Omg we are not safe.

Yeah, I know the feeling. Turn up in Chinatown, and all you want is a decent Chinese meal, and you go into a Chinese restaurent. You sit down, and you notice loads of Chinese tourists in the place, all talking away in their Chinese language. These people take over lots of tables, talk loudly, are sometimes rude to the staff, and they make you feel that you don't matter, bearing in mind that they're customers just like you.

These people are annoying, and I feel sorry for the staff, having to put up with them. Mind you, some of the staff are actually from China, so they're probably use to such rude and bad behaviour. Actually, if the staff are from China, well, they deserve to be treated in this way. Chinese staff receiving this bad behaviour from Chinese louts is justice. They're only getting a taste of their own medicine, they're only having to put up with what the rest of us have to put up with.........

No I was talking about the Chinatown in Kazakhstan.

I feel your pain.. its even worst if they look Chinese when you are at their Chinese restaurants in Chinatown.

• Like 1

Omg we are not safe.

I feel your pain.. its even worst if they look Chinese when you are at their Chinese restaurants in Chinatown.

Wait a minute. There's Chinese tourists in Chinatown in Kazakhstan ?

What next ? A load of Chinese in a Chinatown in Mongolia ? A load of Chinese in a Chinatown in Taiwan ?

They should do something to stop these Chinese people from going to Chinatown ! They should only let these people go into a Chinatown if it is in China itself.

We might need to set up a support group for all those of us who have suffered due to the presence of Chinese tourists !

Back in Oz my favourite Chinese restaurant was In Mt Gambier in Sth Australia. The cook was an ABC (Australian Born Chinese) and the food he served up was great ASCF (Australian Style Chinese Food). I'd love to go back there sometime for a feed.

• 3 weeks later...

First the Russians imitating monks high on drugs.

And now the Chinese (again!!)

Wonder if Thailand have started to realise, what good tourists they have scared away??

You can't just replace the in general well-behaving western tourists with a bunch of savages from the East!!

You racist. Western tourists are bad tourists.

Omg we are not safe.

Wait a minute. There's Chinese tourists in Chinatown in Kazakhstan ?

What next ? A load of Chinese in a Chinatown in Mongolia ? A load of Chinese in a Chinatown in Taiwan ?

They should do something to stop these Chinese people from going to Chinatown ! They should only let these people go into a Chinatown if it is in China itself.

We might need to set up a support group for all those of us who have suffered due to the presence of Chinese tourists !

There are english people in africa? Oh the horror! Oh there are farang in kazahstan? Oh that's bad. Or maybe to you it's like oh farang can travel to any country in the world and make a din cos they are perfect but not anyone else especially chinese people.