beer chang...definately makes you FAT

dirtycash

ive drunk for years, i drink every night in uk, though recently i went to thailand and drunk only beer chang for 10 days , hardly eating much but ive returned and noticed i have put a lot of weight on around my middle/ belly. i allways drink leo in thailand with no weight gain, i allways drink budweiser or carlsberg in uk without weight gain .

stay away from the beer chang guys.

• 2 weeks later...

I drank Chang a few years back and got absolutely wankered..
For me the point is not to get drunk, but to get merry and spend time with my mates.

I prefer a Sam Mig Lite - I find I can drink loads of them, minimal hangover, and I assume they have less calories.

I'll often drink Red Wine in my home country..

Its probably been discussed on TVF, but there was a TV show in the UK recently on which has the most cals.. Guinness, Lager, red wine, cream cake -> Red wine wins hands down. I always believed red wine was low cal.

On the wine it depends:

If they compare amounts with amounts it is nonsense, you can drink 2 liter beer, but 2 liter wine is hard. So they need to compare the same amount of alcohol.

There you have very dry wines without any sugar to very sweet one. So it depends which you drink. And taste can foul you. A wine with a lot sugar but also a lot acid doesn't taste sweet so you would guess there is no sugar in it.

For me the point is not to get drunk, but to get merry and spend time with my mates.

I prefer a Sam Mig Lite - I find I can drink loads of them, minimal hangover, and I assume they have less calories.

Its probably been discussed on TVF, but there was a TV show in the UK recently on which has the most cals.. Guinness, Lager, red wine, cream cake -> Red wine wins hands down. I always believed red wine was low cal.

On the wine it depends:

If they compare amounts with amounts it is nonsense, you can drink 2 liter beer, but 2 liter wine is hard. So they need to compare the same amount of alcohol.

There you have very dry wines without any sugar to very sweet one. So it depends which you drink. And taste can foul you. A wine with a lot sugar but also a lot acid doesn't taste sweet so you would guess there is no sugar in it.

The comparison was based on units.

The amount of calories in red wine is fairly constant amongst different grapes..

- and its not just the amount of sugar in alcoholic drinks that effect weight gain..

regardless of "nonsense" or other wise.. Red Wine has a lot of calories.

On the wine it depends:

The comparison was based on units.

The amount of calories in red wine is fairly constant amongst different grapes..

- and its not just the amount of sugar in alcoholic drinks that effect weight gain..

regardless of "nonsense" or other wise.. Red Wine has a lot of calories.

No the different grapes don't change anything. On all alcohol drinks the calories are from alcohol + carbohydrates (a few also have fat). Best is vodka and some other spirits which are basically pure alcohol and water. At wine it can differ a lot. There are some without any sugar which are almost in the same class as vodka and there are some very sweet.

The alcohol is always the same problem but the sugar makes some drinks worse than others.

#1: Gamay Calories per glass:115 Calories per bottle:581 AKA: Beaujolais
#2: Riesling Calories per glass:118 Calories per bottle:600
#3: Sauvignon Blanc Calories per glass:119 Calories per bottle:603
#4: Pinot Noir Calories per glass:121 Calories per bottle:610 AKA: Burgundy
#5: Pinot Grigio Calories per glass:122 Calories per bottle:618 AKA: Pinot Gris
#6: Cabernet Franc Calories per glass:122 Calories per bottle:618
#7: Cabernet Sauvignon Calories per glass:122 Calories per bottle:618
#8: Syrah Calories per glass:122 Calories per bottle:618
#9: Claret Calories per glass:122 Calories per bottle:620
#10: Muscat Calories per glass:123 Calories per bottle:623
#11: Sangiovese Calories per glass:126 Calories per bottle:641
#12: Red Zinfandel Calories per glass:129 Calories per bottle:656

12% difference between least & most calories

When I was younger, I rarely slept and I drank beer pretty much all day and all night and I was thin as a rail. Overnight, when I turned about 35 years old, I went from being able to eat and drink and never gain weight to my current situation of gaining two pounds when I open a bottle of beer.

Now that you mention it, I didn't drink Chang beer when I was young.

All beers make you fat if drunk to access, those people who remain 'slim' only do so because they don't have time to eat food, look at alcoholics for example. Beer Chang no different to Fullers on any other UK beer.

I think you should be getting help for your very obvious drinking problem.

Yeah... anyone who drinks Chang obviously has a problem.

Anybody who drinks every day, as the OP stated, has a drink problem.

What if they only drank one beer? If you eat a sandwich everyday do you have a sandwich problem?

I think you should be getting help for your very obvious drinking problem.

Yeah... anyone who drinks Chang obviously has a problem.

Anybody who drinks every day, as the OP stated, has a drink problem.

What if they only drank one beer? If you eat a sandwich everyday do you have a sandwich problem?

and you really think it's the same, tut, tut.

I tell you a new secret, there is something like Google.

Dry red wine: 487.5 kcal per 750ml bottle

Sweet one 750 kcal per 750ml bottle

All in sugar.

An interesting subject, there should be a scientific study made. I have spent several years (since 2009) working in Dubai and Thailand, during that period I went from 78 kg to 100 kg (December 2012), I put it down to drinking beer in hot countries, rarely urinate and everything goes on, I was also doing alot of exercise. In Thailand I stick to foreign beer as Chang makes me forget.

I have been in UK for 5 months waiting on a new job. Decorated the house, but drink alot of Carlsberg Export, woudl you believe 4 - 5 cans equals a 1 kg weight drop. Now I am down to 74 kg, losing 17 kg in 5 months.

Carlsberg Export, probably the best beer in the world for losing weight

I drink a bottle of Chang a day. Since I turned eighty I have noticed an increase in my girth. Could it be the Chang, or could it be that at about the same time as reaching my eightieth, I began using Thai visa and spend time sitting and making stupid comments to sometimes stupid topics. Also, will Chang stop me from reaching old age?.coffee1.gif

Not only you are getting fat and sick by drinking wine but you also don't have a clue what you are drinking.

Drink juices better for your health, your waistline and your bank account since you don't know the difference.

A Gamay is variety of grape or Cépage not just used in Beaujol but also in Pays de la Loire wines. So Gamay cannot be "AKA Beaujolais" as Beaujolais is an AOC, (appellation d'origine controlée), which means a delimited restricted area where the product has to be manufactured in order to be called that.

Archived