Teaching In The Ne

Hello All...

I am moving to Khon Kaen at the end of January and am wondering if I will be able to find a teaching position at this time. Does anyone know of good places to look for jobs in or near the city of Khon Kaen? Does anyone know if these places will be hiring at this time?

Thanks

January is not a particularly good time for job-hunting. It's in the middle (roughly) of second term for most schools on the Thai schedule. Unless someone has run away over Christmas or New Year's, or a position remains unfilled from the end of October, you probably won't find much good work anywhere. A much better time for job hunting would be May-ish.

"Steven"

Language schools all over Thailand hire all year and there's always a lot of all types of work available in Bangkok. My advice would be spend a couple of months in Bangkok before moving to KK for the start of the academic year. Also going straight to a fairly provincial place like KK you may suffer a little culture shock - better to ease yourself into Thailand via a big city like BK or Chiang Mai.