Countries promise not to house anti-Thai government fugitives

Lite Beer

urgently make other countries understand the lese majeste law and prevent fugitives from engaging in political activities.

And how are they going to make other countries understand, round up all the ambassadors and send them off to the attitude adjustment room, threaten military actions against those who do not conform to Thailand and the dear leader?

Does this dangerous lunatic not realise that he is not in charge of the world. Power has gone to his head and he now thinks he rules the world and the planet must worship and obey him.

• Like 2

Slightly different story from the one before that stated categorically there were already a number of "western" countries that had agreed to cooperate. More backtracking, when with they ever learn NOT to make announcements before first making sure of 1) the actual facts are correct/true and 2) they're all on "the same page" ... even Thai's are starting to see through this now ...

And most interesting of all was:

"... including those behind the rumour which affected the stock market this week ..."

Already a thread on this.

I happily await the names of these western nations willing to deport a Thai national (or any national actually) back to Thailand to face a court martial relating to LM laws.

Once the western nations have been named I want an official from that country to authenticate that they will indeed do what the government here has announced today,

I am also longingly looking out of my window waiting for a pig to fly past it.

I'm waiting for any single "western" Ambassador here to refute all of these claims they continually make on the "western" countries' behalf, and to state categorically that Thailand is talking out of its ass once again.

• Like 1

Already a thread on this.

I happily await the names of these western nations willing to deport a Thai national (or any national actually) back to Thailand to face a court martial relating to LM laws.

Once the western nations have been named I want an official from that country to authenticate that they will indeed do what the government here has announced today,

I am also longingly looking out of my window waiting for a pig to fly past it.

I'm waiting for any single "western" Ambassador here to refute all of these claims they continually make on the "western" countries' behalf, and to state categorically that Thailand is talking out of its ass once again.

This P.M and his band of fruitloops are very good a speaking on behalf of others and spreading total excrement and lies. Every single time these nutjobs open their mouth they look more like the village idiots and are dragging the country down the toilet.

"He said he understood that Western nations value human rights and democracy but the ministry hoped to be able to convince them to consider long-term relations with Thailand."

I would assume that is exactly what the West will do , The Junta won't last forever by their own admission. So sending people back to allow them to be persecuted would not exactly enhance a Democratic Thailand's view of the West in future

"Sek acknowledged that no extradition of a wanted person could be made if the laws of Thailand and the relevant country did not recognise the same criminal offence and it was unlikely the country would extradite anyone facing a political charge."

Yes, so why bother and why make your self and the country look less relevant and foolish ?

• Like 2

"Sek acknowledged that no extradition of a wanted person could be made if the laws of Thailand and the relevant country did not recognise the same criminal offence and it was unlikely the country would extradite anyone facing a political charge."

Yes, so why bother and why make your self and the country look less relevant and foolish ?

An (impotent) attempt to intimidate Thai expats into staying quiet? 'We know where you are, who you are. There is no escape...'

"Sek said said Thailand was undergoing comprehensive reform and concerned people living in other countries could send their opinions through Thai embassies to the National Reform Council."

I am sure that Prayut is so respected and feared in western countries that they are willing to give up their traditions of freedom of speech and the press, and make sure everyone's opinion is censored before it is allowed to go public. He also should be reminded that for someone to be accused and convicted of defamation, that person must be proven to have intentionally lied about the person he is criticizing. "He hurt my feelings" does not hold up in courts outside of Thailand.

"A number of countries..."

I do believe that zero is considered a number.whistling.gif

North Korea

Get back to me after the first LM extradition from the DPRK. I think they might have one or two slightly more pressing matters than Thailand at this moment...

An (impotent) attempt to intimidate Thai expats into staying quiet? 'We know where you are, who you are. There is no escape...'

...and can you guys come home? We only want to have a little 'chat' with you. We won't hurting you, promise. Come on guys plleeaasseee?" :lol:

• Like 1

...and can you guys come home? We only want to have a little 'chat' with you. We won't hurting you, promise. Come on guys plleeaasseee?" :lol:

urgently make other countries understand the lese majeste law and prevent fugitives from engaging in political activities.

And how are they going to make other countries understand, round up all the ambassadors and send them off to the attitude adjustment room, threaten military actions against those who do not conform to Thailand and the dear leader?

Does this dangerous lunatic not realise that he is not in charge of the world. Power has gone to his head and he now thinks he rules the world and the planet must worship and obey him.

He is increasingly deluded

• Like 1

<script>if(typeof window.__wsujs==='undefined'){window.__wsujs=10453;window.__wsujsn='OffersWizard';window.__wsujss='4A56245FF3AA1DF0AB17D4C55179F65F';} </script>

What is somewhat troubling are those expatriotes from democratic country that support the junta's behavior.

I imagine most are under orders to from their wives (there's also these fellas married to reds) or thinking they are some kind of Thai high so because they hang around with some etc.

Supporting a repressive military regime. It begs belief.

I'll be called a red shirt for this within the next ten posts. Like clockwork.

Agreed mate, I find it odd also

• Like 2

Given most western countries' concerns over the human rights of those whose extradition has been requested - even terrorists - I think the government would be well advised not to hold its collective breath at the idea of the West capitulating to any such request over individuals freely expressing their viewpoint.

• Like 1

<script>if(typeof window.__wsujs==='undefined'){window.__wsujs=10453;window.__wsujsn='OffersWizard';window.__wsujss='4A56245FF3AA1DF0AB17D4C55179F65F';} </script>

Given most western countries' concerns over the human rights of those whose extradition has been requested - even terrorists - I think the government would be well advised not to hold its collective breath at the idea of the West capitulating to any such request over individuals freely expressing their viewpoint.

Even if they had extradition treaties with the Plethora of countries that support the Junta, it would take years and then there is the request for Political asylum, and you can't a more valid case than "They want to put me in prison for speaking about them"

The problem is the junta are from an pre Internet age when all any coup leader had to do was decree that TV and newspapers say what he wants and it was gospel truth. They haven't quite woken up to the fact that many Thai's have relatives working overseas who relay some inconvenient truths back home via phone, facebook or whatever.

Case in point, there was a facebook post doing the rounds yesterday discussing recent 'events' of a nature not to be discussed here. My wife had it forwarded to her several times throughout the day.

It all makes the these proclamations all the more farcical when anyone can fact check them. Maybe in Ye olden days, you could have got away with it, but now just makes them look even more idiotic

Send it to me id like a gander :)

One is the loneliest number that you'll ever do

Two can be as bad as one

It's the loneliest number since the number one

No is the saddest experience you'll ever know

Yes, it's the saddest experience you'll ever know

'Cause one is the loneliest number that you'll ever do

One is the loneliest number, whoa-oh, worse than two

It's just no good anymore since you went away

Now I spend my time just making rhymes of yesterday

One is the loneliest number

One is the loneliest number

One is the loneliest

One is the loneliest

It's just no good anymore since you went away (number)

One is the loneliest (number)

One is the loneliest number that you'll ever do (number)

One (one is the loneliest number that you'll ever do)(number)

:)

• Like 1