FYI: Apple Online Store Now Accepts ATM and Counter Payments

OMGImInPattaya

I was cruising the Thai online Apple Store today and just happened to notice their notice that they are now also accepting payment via bank ATM transfer and Counter Pay payments for purchases from the Apple store. When you order and indicate payment through one of these channels, the store issues you a payment slip which is valid for 3 days. You pay for the order by ATM transfer or payment at 7-11, Big C, Pay@Post, etc. for counter payment and once payment is received Apple will update your account with a shipment date. There is a limit of 30k baht for purchases paid for via counter pay but no limit on ATM transfer purchases.

• Like 2

Does this also count for iTunes top up?

That is a good question. I have a free Apple ID and no way to pay for iTunes downloads except a gift voucher.

I would guess not. This information is posted ont he Apple Store webpage and appears to be for hardware purchases from there. You could check he iTunes Store help section under payments to see if counter/ATM payments are now accepted.

It's almost like ApplePay in the States. Except instead of a thumbprint, you need a printed slip of paper. And instead of a NFC scanner, you need a counter clerk at Big C. Other than that, about the same.

Anyway, I'm glad to see Apple tailoring their solution to the realities of each different country.

Edited by USNret
  • Like 1

@BWPattaya

If you have a Thai iTunes (App Store) account and your balance shows zero THB you can change the country of your Apple ID.

Like change to US or if you from Europe to any EU country.

Than just purchase iTunes (App Store) top up from Ebay.

• 3 weeks later...