Why bad news for the ruble could spell disaster for the dollar

webfact

Make No Mistake, the Oil Slump Is Going to Hurt the US Too

If you only paid attention to the mainstream media, you’d be forgiven for thinking that the US is going to get away from the collapse in oil prices scot free. According to popular belief, America is even going to be a net winner from cheaper oil prices, because they will act like a tax cut for US consumers. Or so we are told.

In reality, though, many of the jobs the US energy boom has created in the last few years are now at risk, and their loss could drag the economy into a recession.

http://www.caseyresearch.com/articles/make-no-mistake-the-oil-slump-is-going-to-hurt-the-us-too

Mainstream media has been widely reporting there will be winners and loser in all of this. And that it's anybody's guess as to the final outcome. Jobs related to the energy business will be hurt. Again, as has been widely reported by the mainstream media.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/09/business/energy-environment/oil-falls-to-5-year-low-and-companies-start-to-retrench-.html?_r=0

And as has been widely reported by non-mainstream media sources.

http://www.slate.com/articles/business/moneybox/2014/12/falling_oil_prices_why_an_oil_bust_won_t_hurt_the_american_economy_or_energy.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doug_Casey

Douglas R. Casey is the founder and chairman of Casey Research, a provider of paid subscription newsletter services espousing libertarian viewpoints as the justification for the purchase of highly speculative microcap stocks, precious metals, and other investments. Casey publishes the monthly investment newsletter The International Speculator and also The Casey Report.,[1]

This is the same idiot that wrote "American is Stretched to Breaking Point, Watch the Markets."

He says US GDP of 17 tr + EU GDP of 18 tr equals 30 tr. Huh??? 17 + 18 = 30. He cannot even add and we are supposed to take him seriously on financial matters.

He says Russia's foreign reserve of $415 bn can absorb . . . Russia foreign reserve is down to about $ 370 bn of which about $ 160 bn is NOT liquid. That leaves about $210 bn liquid to deal with crisis and losses of $40 bn for every $10 per barrel decrease in oil price below a $100 a barrel.

Russia will likely have to spend another $ 70 bn in very short term to try and further prop up Ruble. This would leave about $ 140 bn in liquid foreign reserve by the first of the year with losses to the federal bydget of somewhere between $100 to $160 bn due to decrease in oil price alone. He now has bigger problems paying debt due to currency losses

He says Ruble devalued due to attack on the Ruble. Russian already had inflation and recession prior to sanctiins. Putin devalued Ruble to try and offset decrease in oil price because he does not have enough liquid reserves to make up the deficiencies federal budget. He effectively threw Russia into hyperinflation to try and avoid default. No one att

He is just a Russian lover

The Russian Central Bank is a privately owned operation the same as the US Federal Reserve. Putin gets to appoint the Chairman and that is pretty much it. I am surprised that he has not nationalized this bank and I do expect it to happen in the near future.

The Problem will be over when a Rothschild takes over the Russia Central Bankers

Doctor Paul Craig Roberts a Rothschild front man is now in Moscow looking over the Russia Central Bank

• Like 1

This is the same idiot that wrote "American is Stretched to Breaking Point, Watch the Markets."

He says US GDP of 17 tr + EU GDP of 18 tr equals 30 tr. Huh??? 17 + 18 = 30. He cannot even add and we are supposed to take him seriously on financial matters.

He says Russia's foreign reserve of $415 bn can absorb . . . Russia foreign reserve is down to about $ 370 bn of which about $ 160 bn is NOT liquid. That leaves about $210 bn liquid to deal with crisis and losses of $40 bn for every $10 per barrel decrease in oil price below a $100 a barrel.

Russia will likely have to spend another $ 70 bn in very short term to try and further prop up Ruble. This would leave about $ 140 bn in liquid foreign reserve by the first of the year with losses to the federal bydget of somewhere between $100 to $160 bn due to decrease in oil price alone. He now has bigger problems paying debt due to currency losses

He says Ruble devalued due to attack on the Ruble. Russian already had inflation and recession prior to sanctiins. Putin devalued Ruble to try and offset decrease in oil price because he does not have enough liquid reserves to make up the deficiencies federal budget. He effectively threw Russia into hyperinflation to try and avoid default. No one att

The Russian Central Bank is a privately owned operation the same as the US Federal Reserve. Putin gets to appoint the Chairman and that is pretty much it. I am surprised that he has not nationalized this bank and I do expect it to happen in the near future.

The CIA hasn't always been right in their projections but current developments and trends show they sure do know how to work an oil field here and there...and who knows, the way things are going the Locusts in Langley just may be right this time....

CIA Director John Brenan spent several years in SA as station chief there so he has a battery of moles in Saudi state oil companies and in the field. Putin is indeed preparing to go after the Russian Central Bank because he's certain there are CIA-turned moles in that institution who he's convinced engineered the disastrous 650 basis point stranglehold on the economy rate hike.

Cesar Chavez's chosen successor Nicholas Maduro has seen the dollar rise 1700 percent against the bolivar since he took office and has now lost his best buddy Raul Castro to the United States while having to reduce discounted oil and food supplies to Cuba.

The CIA engineered oil glut to bring down Putin and Maduro

The result of the sudden decline in oil prices has resulted in heavy damage to the economies of the CIA-targeted countries of Russia, Iran, and Venezuela. Brennan and his economic warfare operatives banked on the Saudi overproduction to harm the economies of all three countries and the CIA has not been disappointed. Russian Central Bank Vice Chairman Sergei Shvetsov said, “What is happening is a nightmare that we could not even have imagined a year ago.” The CIA figures that the governments of Vladimir Putin in Russia, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei in Iran, and Nicolas Maduro in Venezuela will have long since collapsed and been replaced by pro-Western regimes within 5 years.

http://axisoflogic.com/artman/publish/Article_68648.shtml

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

The CIA hasn't always been right in their projections but current developments and trends show they sure do know how to work an oil field here and there...and who knows, the way things are going the Locusts in Langley just may be right this time....

CIA Director John Brenan spent several years in SA as station chief there so he has a battery of moles in Saudi state oil companies and in the field. Putin is indeed preparing to go after the Russian Central Bank because he's certain there are CIA-turned moles in that institution who he's convinced engineered the disastrous 650 basis point stranglehold on the economy rate hike.

Cesar Chavez's chosen successor Nicholas Maduro has seen the dollar rise 1700 percent against the bolivar since he took office and has now lost his best buddy Raul Castro to the United States while having to reduce discounted oil and food supplies to Cuba.

The result of the sudden decline in oil prices has resulted in heavy damage to the economies of the CIA-targeted countries of Russia, Iran, and Venezuela. Brennan and his economic warfare operatives banked on the Saudi overproduction to harm the economies of all three countries and the CIA has not been disappointed. Russian Central Bank Vice Chairman Sergei Shvetsov said, “What is happening is a nightmare that we could not even have imagined a year ago.” The CIA figures that the governments of Vladimir Putin in Russia, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei in Iran, and Nicolas Maduro in Venezuela will have long since collapsed and been replaced by pro-Western regimes within 5 years.

While I have serious doubts about your source, it sounds like very positive news to me thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

While I have serious doubts about your source, it sounds like very positive news to me thumbsup.gif

Who could cheer such things?

From the linked article.....

Brennan’s and the CIA’s industrial sabotage of the Saudi and other Middle East oil

industries will continue to have far-reaching effects on the world economy.

Oil industry insiders fear that the CIA has unleashed something that may deal a devastating blow to the global economy.

An inflammatory post and reply have been removed.

Feel free to comment about the content of a post, but refrain from making comments about the poster. Doing so may be a flame and will get your post removed and a possible warning and suspension.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

While I have serious doubts about your source, it sounds like very positive news to me alt=thumbsup.gif>

Who could cheer such things?
From the linked article.....

Brennan’s and the CIA’s industrial sabotage of the Saudi and other Middle East oil
industries will continue to have far-reaching effects on the world economy.
Oil industry insiders fear that the CIA has unleashed something that may deal a devastating blow to the global economy.

Once again let me say "I HAVE SERIOUS DOUBTS ABOUT YOUR SOURCE" , meaning that the quoted reference is likely more FOS than full of facts thumbsup.gif With that said I would be (as well as most of the civilized world) very happy to see the governments in Russia, Iran and Venezuela overturned wai2.gif Comprende Amigo rolleyes.gif

America can make it's own "wodka", thank you very much.

And caviar? While American caviar from Shovelnose sturgeon is not as good as the Russian version, it's a hell of a lot more affordable.

What's left that Russia has that we need? Hackers? Blonde prostitutes? Check. Check.

Russia could disappear from the planet tomorrow and few Americans would even notice, 555.

Quite frankly, I think Russian vodka is overrated. I prefer Skyy (American), Belvedere or Chopin, to any vodka from Russia. As far as caviar goes, very little of the caviar on the world market is from Russia anyway. We can and should all live without their oil and gas. We can all live without their gold and diamonds. What else is left? They can continue to sell their weapons to a few despots around the world. Really all that is left is just a lot of hot air from "King Vlad", and lot of attitude and bad manners from their people.

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 1

DOUBTS ABOUT YOUR SOURCE" , meaning that the quoted reference is likely more FOS than full of facts With that said I would be (as well as most of the civilized world) very happy to see the governments in Russia, Iran and Venezuela overturned

No comprehension problem here thanks

Understood what your cheering for the 1st time even with the disclaimer

Although I highly doubt your correct in assuming "most of the civilized world"

as you say cheers with you

Edited by mania
  • Like 1

Yes for sure and I've been trying to find a source I could quote but it's more than a challenge to try to find a source most people can relate to in anything the CIA might be doing in a real time emergency and crisis for Russia and Opec as this.

We know the CIA and the USG doesn't put out press releases about such things and the MSM is consistently though not absolutely self-restrained in publishing real time and sometimes any time national security operations and clandestine ops across the board.

I'd been hearing and gathering info that the source presents. The source I chose is one among many extra-MSM sources so I could have chosen any one of 'em, but this one was straightforward and did not present the CIA as some sort of super-savior and national hero organization taming the wild world to the benefit of the US and its allies and friends as well (although one could take that sort of pov).

The source I chose also presented the POV that there is some possibility the US could suffer in this although I'd be skeptical about that, so I thought that would be a good reason to chose that particular source, although it's not the only one to present the particular pov.

Number one it is credible to believe the CIA has a major role in what is happening....in fact one would expect the CIA to be in the thick of this sort of thing.

Sorting out the Opec vs US fracking clash from the punishment of Russia by Nato and others to the sanctions, the Saudi vs Russia clash, connecting Venezuela and Cuba to these developments, assessing China and the Brics in them, sorting out who's doing what to whom and how it's going is doable and I believe most posters to these threads about it have a clear idea and understanding of the dynamics underway, motivations, the economic warfare forces at work, the geopolitical and geostrategic factors and considerations etc

As my post implies and your post indicates, some of us say this would be just fine while others hop up and down against it, which is the way of the world in these matters.

We know the CIA is active and is very likely doing as reported by offline media and also according to the word of mouth info some of us get, and is very likely doing even more than we hear and that is being reported offline, so citing a source such as I did is just as well to do. The only question is which source to go with and I chose mine.

The CIA engineered the price of oil to hurt several countries, jncluding Iran?

"Saudi Arabia and Iran this month cut the official price levels of their main light crude grades for sale to Asia to the lowest in at least 14 years..."

http://mobile.bloomberg.com/news/2014-12-25/saudi-arabia-seen-by-former-adviser-assuming-80-oil.html

What kind of mind control drug did the CIA use to get Iran to cut prices to destroy itself?

Asking for a friend, 555

• Like 1

The CIA engineered the price of oil to hurt several countries, jncluding Iran?

"Saudi Arabia and Iran this month cut the official price levels of their main light crude grades for sale to Asia to the lowest in at least 14 years..."

http://mobile.bloomberg.com/news/2014-12-25/saudi-arabia-seen-by-former-adviser-assuming-80-oil.html

What kind of mind control drug did the CIA use to get Iran to cut prices to destroy itself?

Asking for a friend, 555

I have an Iranian friend who has oil and a Saudi friend who has oil. The Saudi friend cut the price of his oil and sold it all. The Iranian friend did not cut his price and didn't sell any and starved. His son then cut the price of oil and sold it at the same price as the Saudi friend so he would not starve.

China to launch Yuan swap trading with Russian ruble on Monday

China will allow trading in forwards and swaps between the yuan and three more currencies in a bid to reduce foreign-exchange risks amid increased volatility in emerging markets.

A plunge in Russia’s ruble this month to a record low sparked a selloff in developing nations’ assets, leading to a surge in currency volatility. The new contracts come amid efforts by China to increase the international use of the yuan, as the world’s second-largest economy promotes it as an alternative to the U.S. dollar for global trade and finance. Malaysia and Russia are China’s eighth and ninth biggest trading partners, according to data compiled by Bloomberg.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-12-26/china-extends-forwards-swaps-trading-to-three-more-currencies.html

• Like 1

China will allow trading in forwards and swaps between the yuan and three more currencies in a bid to reduce foreign-exchange risks amid increased volatility in emerging markets.

A plunge in Russias ruble this month to a record low sparked a selloff in developing nations assets, leading to a surge in currency volatility. The new contracts come amid efforts by China to increase the international use of the yuan, as the worlds second-largest economy promotes it as an alternative to the U.S. dollar for global trade and finance. Malaysia and Russia are Chinas eighth and ninth biggest trading partners, according to data compiled by Bloomberg.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-12-26/china-extends-forwards-swaps-trading-to-three-more-currencies.html

The fact they are allowing trade in more than one currency I think will be a benefit to many in the long run.

While a world reserve currency started life as a form of insurance/stability having seen what has gone on in recent years

should have pretty well shattered that illusion for most.

Ultimately would be nice to just allow trading in all currencies

or at least never rely solely on one. It is an unfair advantage "exorbitant privilege" for the one.

Edited by mania
  • Like 1

The result of the sudden decline in oil prices has resulted in heavy damage to the economies of the CIA-targeted countries of Russia, Iran, and Venezuela. Brennan and his economic warfare operatives banked on the Saudi overproduction to harm the economies of all three countries and the CIA has not been disappointed. Russian Central Bank Vice Chairman Sergei Shvetsov said, What is happening is a nightmare that we could not even have imagined a year ago. The CIA figures that the governments of Vladimir Putin in Russia, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei in Iran, and Nicolas Maduro in Venezuela will have long since collapsed and been replaced by pro-Western regimes within 5 years.

Congrats. You are quoting an article by Wayne Madsen from Axis of Logic site. You are no better than Asiantravler dude with whom you argue as you both rely on extreme, nutty views/websites . . . just conspiracy/nutty views from the opposite sides of the spectrum.

Haha, no wonder your non-sitting in the USA for years self is so messed up on economic issues and social issues such as race relations given the reading material with which you educate yourself.

I doubt Asiantravler even believes most of what he writes on here as none of it ever pans out and most of it is correct as done by Craig a few posts above.. i think he just writes this stuff to get a rise out of people. Do you actially believe the writings of Madsen?

Edited by F430murci

Make No Mistake, the Oil Slump Is Going to Hurt the US Too

If you only paid attention to the mainstream media, youd be forgiven for thinking that the US is going to get away from the collapse in oil prices scot free. According to popular belief, America is even going to be a net winner from cheaper oil prices, because they will act like a tax cut for US consumers. Or so we are told.

In reality, though, many of the jobs the US energy boom has created in the last few years are now at risk, and their loss could drag the economy into a recession.

http://www.caseyresearch.com/articles/make-no-mistake-the-oil-slump-is-going-to-hurt-the-us-too

Mainstream media has been widely reporting there will be winners and loser in all of this. And that it's anybody's guess as to the final outcome. Jobs related to the energy business will be hurt. Again, as has been widely reported by the mainstream media.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/09/business/energy-environment/oil-falls-to-5-year-low-and-companies-start-to-retrench-.html?_r=0

And as has been widely reported by non-mainstream media sources.

http://www.slate.com/articles/business/moneybox/2014/12/falling_oil_prices_why_an_oil_bust_won_t_hurt_the_american_economy_or_energy.html

Yes. I even blasted Obama fro continued sanctions against Russia for purely personal reasons against Putin and, as usual, not be able to see past his own nose that what he is doing will have a long term impact on US.

As discussed on here, oil speculators and companies invested in fracking will be hurt by the reduction in oil prices. That is an extremely minute number of people and companies. The greater benefits to US as a whole completely offsets the harm to the handful.

The big issue is that the US still has these natural resources to tap into when prices go back up or if ever needed. This means we are not at the mercy of OPEC and we can now sit on the sidelines and use their oil at cheap, not inflated prices.

Trucking companies will have reduced overhead by huge margins which will eventually reduce price if groceries and consumer goods. Lower prices at the pump (now below $2.00 in many states) equates to more money in everyone's pocket. Savings at the pump is like getting a raise for all Americans.

Total win, win and I am so glad to see oil back down to an appropriate price. Frackings will also just find a way to reduce costs in the interim since there is so much money to be made there.

Edited by F430murci
  • Like 2

Simple solution:

Russia could trade Siberia to China for 10 billion plastic laundry baskets. Win-win

Sooner or later China will want Siberia back. They had to cede all those lands to Russia in 1860 due to weakness of the Chinese Empire. I have no doubt they have eyes on it.

Simple solution:

Russia could trade Siberia to China for 10 billion plastic laundry baskets. Win-win

Sooner or later China will want Siberia back. They had to cede all those lands to Russia in 1860 due to weakness of the Chinese Empire. I have no doubt they have eyes on it.

Yes they do want it back.

During my recent six years in the PRChina the matter was brought to my attention by revanchist Chinese friends and colleagues just so I'd know about it for sure.

During the Cold War China and Soviet Russia had engaged in numerous instances of army units along the borders engaging then breaking off. The Russians are well aware of the serious nature of Siberia to the Chinese, and that's to all of the Chinese, not just to the CCP Boyz in Beijing....this issue needs an amicable resolution or it will explode.

Russia is of course very vulnerable at this time when Putin's chessboard is face down on the floor, but the CCP Boyz don't see the present as the time to make their move concerning Siberia....more like sometime later in the decade. But then events are running pretty fast and hard globally....

Edited by Publicus
  • Like 1

The result of the sudden decline in oil prices has resulted in heavy damage to the economies of the CIA-targeted countries of Russia, Iran, and Venezuela. Brennan and his economic warfare operatives banked on the Saudi overproduction to harm the economies of all three countries and the CIA has not been disappointed. Russian Central Bank Vice Chairman Sergei Shvetsov said, What is happening is a nightmare that we could not even have imagined a year ago. The CIA figures that the governments of Vladimir Putin in Russia, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei in Iran, and Nicolas Maduro in Venezuela will have long since collapsed and been replaced by pro-Western regimes within 5 years.

Congrats. You are quoting an article by Wayne Madsen from Axis of Logic site. You are no better than Asiantravler dude with whom you argue as you both rely on extreme, nutty views/websites . . . just conspiracy/nutty views from the opposite sides of the spectrum.

Haha, no wonder your non-sitting in the USA for years self is so messed up on economic issues and social issues such as race relations given the reading material with which you educate yourself.

I doubt Asiantravler even believes most of what he writes on here as none of it ever pans out and most of it is correct as done by Craig a few posts above.. i think he just writes this stuff to get a rise out of people. Do you actially believe the writings of Madsen?

Do you actially believe the writings of Madsen?

Simple solution:

Yes they do want it back.

During my recent six years in the PRChina the matter was brought to my attention by revanchist Chinese friends and colleagues just so I'd know about it for sure.

During the Cold War China and Soviet Russia had engaged in numerous instances of army units along the borders engaging then breaking off. The Russians are well aware of the serious nature of Siberia to the Chinese, and that's to all of the Chinese, not just to the CCP Boyz in Beijing....this issue needs an amicable resolution or it will explode.

Russia is of course very vulnerable at this time when Putin's chessboard is face down on the floor, but the CCP Boyz don't see the present as the time to make their move concerning Siberia....more like sometime later in the decade. But then events are running pretty fast and hard globally....

"when Putin's chessboard is face down on the floor," cheesy.gif

• Like 1

A plunge in Russia’s ruble this month to a record low sparked a selloff in developing nations’ assets, leading to a surge in currency volatility. The new contracts come amid efforts by China to increase the international use of the yuan, as the world’s second-largest economy promotes it as an alternative to the U.S. dollar for global trade and finance. Malaysia and Russia are China’s eighth and ninth biggest trading partners, according to data compiled by Bloomberg.

Maybe China can start printing rubles so Russia can have more of 'em laugh.png

Russia today, China tomorrow.

The CCP Boyz in Beijing have had their personal bank, the People's Bank of China, print four times as much money as the Fed printed in all three phases of QE. China and Russia are two peas in a pod with China's debt to GDP at 250% and always rising....always rising until it crashes and burns.

Putin last week called on Beijing to deliver in their October 150 billion yuan currency swap agreement, but all the CCP Boyz would give him is 15 billion yuan, so if these currency swap agreements are anything like the Halloween deal between Putin and Xi Jinping, the hobgoblins are gonna get 'em all.

• Like 1

Maybe China can start printing rubles so Russia can have more of 'em laugh.png

Russia today, China tomorrow.

The CCP Boyz in Beijing have had their personal bank, the People's Bank of China, print four times as much money as the Fed printed in all three phases of QE. China and Russia are two peas in a pod with China's debt to GDP at 250% and always rising....always rising until it crashes and burns.

Putin last week called on Beijing to deliver in their October 150 billion yuan currency swap agreement, but all the CCP Boyz would give him is 15 billion yuan, so if these currency swap agreements are anything like the Halloween deal between Putin and Xi Jinping, the hobgoblins are gonna get 'em all.

Needs to be repeated. Spot on.

• Like 1

Meanwhile Putin is asking the oligarchs to put back some of the Russian peoples money help out. I wonder if he'll be dipping into his own Cayman nest egg?

http://blogs.ft.com/the-world/2014/12/putin-treats-russias-oligarchs-to-a-free-supper/

Putin can certainly give some back. I heard he's actually the richest man in the world....unofficially, of course.

Not any more. I heard his net worth just took a 40% whack right in the Rubles. Unofficially of course...

Edited by dananderson
  • Like 1

A plunge in Russias ruble this month to a record low sparked a selloff in developing nations assets, leading to a surge in currency volatility. The new contracts come amid efforts by China to increase the international use of the yuan, as the worlds second-largest economy promotes it as an alternative to the U.S. dollar for global trade and finance. Malaysia and Russia are Chinas eighth and ninth biggest trading partners, according to data compiled by Bloomberg.

The fact they are allowing trade in more than one currency I think will be a benefit to many in the long run.

While a world reserve currency started life as a form of insurance/stability having seen what has gone on in recent years

should have pretty well shattered that illusion for most.

Ultimately would be nice to just allow trading in all currencies

or at least never rely solely on one. It is an unfair advantage "exorbitant privilege" for the one.

" It is an unfair advantage "exorbitant privilege" for the one "

which has been abused and is now undeserved

You've got to know when to hold 'em

Know when to fold 'em

Know when to walk away

And know when to run

You never count your money

When you're sittin' at the table

There'll be time enough for countin'

When the dealin's done.

"The Gambler" by Kenny Rogers giggle.gif

Edited by Asiantravel

Do you actially believe the writings of Madsen?

Its the source, not the content. The source speaks to your agenda, but acceptance of his writings because they appeal to your desires makes it no more reliable or better than Asiantraveler apparently wanting to believe sites like americaisgoingtohell.com to supports his agendas.

Still not sure if Asiantraveler believes the strange sites or merely cites them to get a rise out of people.

Nevertheless, the point is the source is not reliable and the message is not credible merely because it coincides or supports your agenda.

• Like 1

I love and believe in the US because the US is primarily made up of good, hardworking, honest people that will give you the shirt off their backs in someone's time of need.

The US should be judged by the people in the US, not the few controversial politicians or the .001 percent of the bad apples that currently occupy the media and used by media because controversy sells. The general peace, happiness and prosperity experienced in the majority of some 30,000 incorporated US cities and towns is boring and not newsworthy.

That said, some on here simply refuse to accept or acknowledge US has its warts financially or socially. Sure we do. All countries do. Some on here take a completely negative view oif all things Russian and Chinese. I suppose this stuff gives one an inner feeling if superiority to compensate for some personal issues.

I consistently mention areas where US has problems economically and were US has done wrong in the past. Yes, we over spend, the middle class is dangerously close to erosion (attributable to Internet commerce) causing deepening income disparity and we get SUCKED into conflicts around the world. We over reacted to 911 and should have never removed Sadam and blah, blah, blah.

Nevertheless, the OP and what some people say on here that US is about to face economic disaster or that US is in worse shape than countries currently in deep recessions and experiencing hyperinflation is preposterous. It's not that we are perfect and do everything just right, but the point is we are not about to fail or face economic disaster. Like it or not, we will continue to prosper and enjoy a great standard of living. Heck our entitlement folks have it better than the majority of Russians and Chinese . . .

There are many great people from and positives about China and Russia. Both, however, have more serious economic issues than the US. Both will survive, but their people will face serious hardship in the process which completely sucks.. Russia may go isolationist partly because it will have little choice if it once again defaults and can no longer participate in world markets.

China can ill afford to withdraw from US/Euro/world markets because it is not even close to becoming a consumption economy. China also depends on US Treaurues to depreciate currency so its exports are attractive. This again is a necessity because China is not and will not be a consumption economy for years if not decades.

We are seeing countries thumb their nose at US now because Ibama is weak and has consistently back down when his ridiculous "red lines" were drawn and crossed. Strong leaders don't draw red lines. China may try and help Russia, but China will still never severe ties with US for reasons mentioned above.

• Like 1

The US should be judged by the people in the US, not the few controversial politicians ...<snip>

but China will still never severe ties with US for reasons mentioned above.

Yeah that song & dance held up for decades & I sang it too.

But the facts are as follows....It is not a "few controversial politicians" it is the system is broken period...never the less.......

We The People elected these useless pieces of meat that whore themselves out to the highest bidders after elected.

We The People bear the responsibility for their actions since we placed them in their positions of power. Until such a time we stand up & say no more

& we will no longer choose between two losers who are both co-opted bought & paid for by the same masters then we do in fact own all they do in our names.

That is the definition of a Democratically elected government. We cannot later claim ...Oh we did not know

I do agree the majority of the working class are good hearted people but they need to wake the F up & smell the coffee before it is burnt to a crisp

As for China???? Why would they severe ties? It behooves them to have paying customers.

When those customers can no longer pay or their legal tender is not of value they would drop us like

a hot potato same as anyone else.

Edited by mania

We will never say "yes, Sir" to US or someone else even 1 dollar would be 1000 Rub. So you can dream here of everything but most of us think that problem is in anglo-suxons world which continues to drink our blood)))

Aren't Anglo Saxons British? America is more of a mix of blacks, Hispanics and I believe 4 million Russian Americans.

• Like 2