Aircon Experts how many BTU?

Its a small split level place, I would like to put a mattress at the top so I would like to keep both levels cool.

I think maybe 40sqm? I am not sure really... but I made a video of it, the thai owner thinks 15000 BTU, but I think more

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vNYiF6GimY

Edited by nickmanchester2

Depends on what kind of walls you have, wood or cement? How high is the ceiling?

Normally, you would be good with 15,000. Maybe 12,000 if you do not have cement walls staring at the sun.

I have a 5 X 8 room with a 20,000 BTU that will freeze me out but I have Qcon walls that do not absorb heat.

• Like 1

Measure the sq m and height of ceiling. Draw a floor plan - basic. Take it to the air sales and look up on the chart the size a/c for that space. Note where the doors and windows are and they will tell you best location for the inside unit.

"Its a small split level place, I would like to put a mattress at the top so I would like to keep both levels cool."

That is not really an upstairs - more like a loft - one unit, but the size depends on the volume of the space not just the sq m of the floor and mounting the inside unit up high would help.

Feeling a little seasick LOL ;)

It doesn't look like a very challenging room from the POV of heat sources, but it's hard to know just how hot that upstairs space gets. I'd probably use an 18K BTU unit, mounted high on the wall above the first staircase run, just to be sure it does the job when the heat really comes.

• 2 weeks later...

Get 2 AC units, one for upstairs, one for downstairs to avoid using a fan between levels. A small unit upstairs 8k or 9k BTU, get 13-15k BTU downstairs should be ok. If it gets really hot where you live, boost the ACs to 13k upstairs, and 18K downstairs, use inverter type AC if you can afford them. Mitsubishi, Dailken, maybe Hitachi brands.

Edited by cigar7