Planning a Trip to CM from Korat. Any Suggestions on a Route Changes?

Shurup

2nd night of camping. More pictures

Seriously, you're camping and not staying in a hotel / resort / guesthouse?

How does Mrs. Shurup feel about that?

She was the initiator of a whole camping idea. But I'm all into it, campinh is one of my favorite activities.

It was only 8*C last night. :o

The screenshot is from my phone sensors, not some weather app bit the real data.

post-111234-14224189148359_thumb.jpg

just fire and a single can of beer?

what a poor camping:)

It was 2 cans and some Thai food and a Thai girl. wink.png

Then it's okay then, a warm blooded Thai girl should keep you warm at 8 deg.C, easilythumbsup.gif

Still, I would prefer to be in bed and under covers with a warm blooded Thai girl than sleeping in a tent, lol.

Has anyone ever noticed that no matter how warm blooded the Thai girl is, her hands and feet are always freezing?

• Like 1

Then it's okay then, a warm blooded Thai girl should keep you warm at 8 deg.C, easilythumbsup.gif

Still, I would prefer to be in bed and under covers with a warm blooded Thai girl than sleeping in a tent, lol.

Has anyone ever noticed that no matter how warm blooded the Thai girl is, her hands and feet are always freezing?

depends on the girl. the ones doing handjob have hot hands:)

but yeah gnerally that gils have cold hands and feet! maybe bc they are small and have less blood.

Hadn't noticed about the feet...but definitely the hands! How she can be asleep under covers with only a floor fan on and still have ice cold hands is a mystery to me.

I noticed that and she always tries to warm her hands (and sometimes feet) on my belly. :o

I noticed that and she always tries to warm her hands (and sometimes feet) on my belly. ohmy.png

On your belly? You're lucky. Guess where mine tries to warm hers.

On your belly? You're lucky. Guess where mine tries to warm hers.

Please don't say your a$s crack.

I wish. That would be warm and cosy.

Unless she started pulling the hairs out.

Or she started drawing the thai alphabet on your sphincter.

Or any other number of horrible things that my mind is racing through and I'm not going to gross out the forum by repeating.

Are you in CM at the moment?

Nope, we're already pass it. We didn't stop in the city, went through and into the mountains to stay in some national park. Why do you ask?

Last night stopped at Mae Sariang, 1st real resort with running hot water and comfortable bed. Washed the bike too. Nights are too cold up north and days aren't any different than any other season anywhere in Thailand, it gets above 30C every day.

post-111234-14225831436786_thumb.jpg

post-111234-14225831800087_thumb.jpg

Too bad wife didn't plan anything for within or around the city. I only planned the main trip from Koran and back and she was responsible for all the side trips.

This trip looks more like a scouting trip. Next time I go up north I'll just pick one or two places to visit and will spend a lot more time around them rather than just passing trough.

• Like 1

Home sweet home, relaxing with a beer now. All the cleaning and everything will have to wait until tomorrow, as well as the pictures. Was using my standalone camera for the most part, for better picture quality and not my phone. Also made some video with my GoPro.

The trip took a little shorter than I wanted as wife got tired and just wanted to get home sooner (a party pooper).

The <deleted> of the week award goes to the pickup driver who overtook a big truck on oncoming lane that is was riding on, on a 4 lane empty highway. The road surface was very good so there was no excuse not to pass that truck on the left lane.

My wife got tired giving a middle finger to all the car drivers who bluntly start overtaking (mostly happened on 2 lane roads) right in front of you forcing you on a road shoulder. She said next trip she'll get a basket with eggs on her laps and will be throwing eggs at those cars, lol.

OK back to my beer. :)

• Like 1

I talked to a friend who owns a Diavel today- he swapped out the stock rear spring for a heavier one (he's a big guy) yesterday, and he said it transformed the ride for him. He couldn't remember the rating, but he said its the next heavier one (there's one more that's probably geared for riders who usually go two-up).

It was less than 10K through Ducati Thailnd, plus another 3K (which sounded cheap) to the shop that swapped it out (not through Ducati, but done by a local wrench who specializes in them)- it's probably your cheapest option for setting up the bike for your weight.

Good to know it's an option, I feel like the rear spring is lacking and it's already cranked up to the stiffest setting. I'm not a heavy guy, around 88 km and wife is just over 50. All together with luggage we're probably in the 160-170 kg range.

Even for NA market the spring is too soft I believe. I read many suggestions on Diavel forum saying to crank it all the way up, people say that it bottoms out resulting in a very rough ride. I didn't enjoy it on my very first ride (other than the power), my insides hurt after the ride. It was preset at almost the softest setting.

Apparently (according to Ducati) the stock spring for the Asian market is set for a rider that's a max of 80kg geared up, so you definitely max it out.

sad to hear this.

is this an excuse?

then they have tell everyone over 80 kg before selling a diavel besides i know many Thai or Asian riders people over 80 kgs too especially new generations.

^

A spring will cover a fairly broad range, but it can't cover everybody- Thais and other Asians that weigh 80kg or more are definitely on the upper-end of the scale, and the way it's currently delivered likely accommodates at least 90% of the domestic market, though it comes up short for much of the Westerrer market- if I worked at Ducati and made the decision for how the bike would be sprung, I think I'd have gone for the way it's currently set up for Thailand.

If you're a lot bigger than the average Thai and want to ride a Ducati in LOS, at least there's a fix for it.

Edited by RubberSideDown

A spring that accommodates most of the Asian riders is very logical decision, too bad Ducati doesn't let all the buyers know this and doesn't offer a stronger spring at the sale time for the heavier riders.

I would have ordered a bike with a heavier spring if I knew.

• Like 1

^

A spring will cover a fairly broad range, but it can't cover everybody- Thais and other Asians that weigh 80kg or more are definitely on the upper-end of the scale, and the way it's currently delivered likely accommodates at least 90% of the domestic market, though it comes up short for much of the Westerrer market- if I worked at Ducati and made the decision for how the bike would be sprung, I think I'd have gone for the way it's currently set up for Thailand.

If you're a lot bigger than the average Thai and want to ride a Ducati in LOS, at least there's a fix for it.

Yes rsd. Asians are mostly less than 80 kg.

But If business, you have to cover 100 percent of the customers. If you dont, it turns to a monkey business where we consumers need to shell out an extra cash for a new shock for an already 900 k bike.

Is it hard for Ducati to put a shock that can handle 100 kg at least?

At the end, these are adjustable units so a 60 kg person also can adjust the shock for his/her weight/liking.

Edited by ll2

Apparently (according to Ducati) the stock spring for the Asian market is set for a rider that's a max of 80kg geared up, so you definitely max it out.

so the spring is set for an 80 kg rider but can be adjusted for a heavier rider,not a case of the Asian market getting a completely different spring from the rest of the world,