Savanakhet Non-Immigrant O advice please

I need some advice on making a trip up to Savanakhet. I'm married to a Thai lady and we have 2 kids together. I've been on 1 year extensions, using an income letter from my embassy, for the past 6 years. Now, because of the exchange rate, my income simply won't be enough for another extension.

So I will need to make a trip up to Savanakhet, Laos soon. Does anyone know if the embassy will be open next week Monday and Tuesday, 29 and 30 December? What are the current documents for applying for a Non-Immigrant O multiple entry visa?

Do you think I will have any problems coming off 6 years of 1 year extensions?

Sent from my ASUS_T00I using Tapatalk 2

The consulate in Savannakhet will be open the 29th and 30th, They are now doing visas on the same day you apply. Apply by 11 am and get your passport back at 3:30 pm.

You will need your marriage certificate plus a copy, signed and dated copies of your wife's house book and ID card.

You will have no problem getting the visa after having extensions.

If you income shortfall is only a short term problem because your currency has lost value recently you might be able to average your income for the past year. The police order for extensions states an average income of 40k baht a month.

Thanks ubonjoe. I thought about averaging it but last time I applied, I was also asked for a current exchange rate printout and the Immigration officer used a calculator to work out of it was more than 40000. I think getting a yearly printout and averaging it will just cause more confusion.

A multiple entry will suit me fine and maybe rates will stabilise by the end of next year.

Hi

Savanakhet is a very unusual immigration office. Dealing with tourist visa's 60 day etc. is a piece of cake but on the 2 occasions I tried to get a non"O" married mans visa with all the relevant copies of the paperwork required they insisted my wife had to be present to sign copies of her ID and book for home in front of them !

Advice: take the wife with you.

Hi

Savanakhet is a very unusual immigration office. Dealing with tourist visa's 60 day etc. is a piece of cake but on the 2 occasions I tried to get a non"O" married mans visa with all the relevant copies of the paperwork required they insisted my wife had to be present to sign copies of her ID and book for home in front of them !

Thanks for the tip. I will see if she can get off work on Monday and we can do the trip together.

Hi

Thanks for the tip. I will see if she can get off work on Monday and we can do the trip together.

There have been many people get the non-o visa without their wife being with them. If the copies are signed and dated by your wife they will be accepted.

Perhaps the ones he had were not signed and dated or that was a long time ago.

Hi

There have been many people get the non-o visa without their wife being with them. If the copies are signed and dated by your wife they will be accepted.

Perhaps the ones he had were not signed and dated or that was a long time ago.

Yes there may well be many husbands that have received their requested visa's without their wife's present but I am aware of an awful lot more who haven't even though they were duly dated and signed correctly.

Anyone with experience of Savanakhet consul would agree it is a little bit of a lottery there depending on who serves you on what day and how he feels.

Same Advice: Take the wife to be on the safe side

(incidentally it was last year when I last tried (not such a long time ago)

Hi i need some help in connection with non imm o visa.

I have been living in Thailand for nearly 1 year and my non imm. O Multiple entry visa is about to expire. When my wife and i came to live in Thailand the immigration people in Nong Khai gave me a retirement visa which i would like to change to a marriage visa but we had a few problems with builders now we are short on the required amount needed in the bank. I have not used my multiple entry visa yet and was wondering if i used it now would that give me some extra time or would it be better to just go to Savannakhet and get a new multiple entry visa. My last 90 day report for this year is 6 January 2015 and the multiple entry visa is valid until the 16th of February 2015.

I don’t know if this makes any sense but all help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot in advance

Hi i need some help in connection with non imm o visa.

I have been living in Thailand for nearly 1 year and my non imm. O Multiple entry visa is about to expire. When my wife and i came to live in Thailand the immigration people in Nong Khai gave me a retirement visa which i would like to change to a marriage visa but we had a few problems with builders now we are short on the required amount needed in the bank. I have not used my multiple entry visa yet and was wondering if i used it now would that give me some extra time or would it be better to just go to Savannakhet and get a new multiple entry visa. My last 90 day report for this year is 6 January 2015 and the multiple entry visa is valid until the 16th of February 2015.

I don’t know if this makes any sense but all help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot in advance

I suspect that you are on a 1 year extension of stay from immigration in Thailad and got a multiple re-entry permit. (The stamp immigration put in your passport should read 16th Feb. 2015). If you really had a muliple non-O visa, you would have a permission to stay of only 90 days and have to leave the country every 90 days.

With a 1 year extension of stay and a multiple re-entry permit you do not get any extra days. You can get an extra 60 days if you want based on visiting your Thai wife. Visit immigration with your wife, and her ID-card, marriage certificate and household registration book or proof of address if she lives elsewhere.

If that is not enough, you can apply for a 1 year multiple entry visa in savanakeht (Laos).

Please check the permisison to stay stamp in your passport to confirm you are on an extension of stay and not on a multiple entry visa.

• Like 1

Hi Mario,

Thank you very much for your reply.

You are right I have a 1 year extension and a multiple entry visa.

What I need now to know is do I go to Laos after my last 90 day report which is on the 6th of January or just before my 1 year extension expires on the 16th of February.

Thank you very much in advance.

Hi Mario,

Thank you very much for your reply.

You are right I have a 1 year extension and a multiple entry visa.

What I need now to know is do I go to Laos after my last 90 day report which is on the 6th of January or just before my 1 year extension expires on the 16th of February.

Thank you very much in advance.

I think you have a multiple re-entry permit not a visa.

You leave just before your extension ends to get a the multiple entry non-o in Savannakhet.

Hi Ubonjoe,

Thank you very much you are right about the re-entry permit.

Will it make any difference if I go to Savannakhet before both my dates 6 Jan. and 16 Feb.

If I go before 6 Jan. do I still have to report to immigration for my 90 days.

Another question please, which border would be the best to go to every 90 days after my trip to Laos as I live in Hua Hin.

Thank you very much.

Hi Ubonjoe,

Thank you very much you are right about the re-entry permit.

Will it make any difference if I go to Savannakhet before both my dates 6 Jan. and 16 Feb.

If I go before 6 Jan. do I still have to report to immigration for my 90 days.

Another question please, which border would be the best to go to every 90 days after my trip to Laos as I live in Hua Hin.

Thank you very much.

Since you have a re-entry permit you should leave just before you extension ends or you could have a problem when re-entering the country since you would still have a valid re-entry permit and a visa.

Phu Nam Ron in Kanchanaburi is the nearest border crossing to Hua Hin, It just became available again for those that do not have a visa for Myanmar.

Hi ,

Sorry to trouble again I understand what you are saying about the re-entry but if I go for my 90 day stamp I will get a new date for the next 90 days do I just ignore the next date as I will have to do a border run.

Hi ,

Sorry to trouble again I understand what you are saying about the re-entry but if I go for my 90 day stamp I will get a new date for the next 90 days do I just ignore the next date as I will have to do a border run.

Your report of staying longer than 90 days in the country's date will not be of any concern after leave the country.

The reports have nothing to do with your permit to stay.

Hi,

I forgot to mention that I have a South African passport .

When I go to Kanchanaburi border do I need to get a visa in advance or do I get one at the border?

Thank you very Much.

You will get a border pass on entry to Myanmar. There is no need to get a visa in advance.