British national Tommy Diver taunts UK police from Thailand

webfact

On-the-run dissident Tommy Diver taunts police from Thailand
Republican wanted over terror plot fled to Bangkok so he wouldn't spend Christmas in jail
BY CIARAN BARNES

BELFAST: -- A dissident republican wanted by police over a murder plot has gone on the run to Thailand so he won’t have to spend Christmas behind bars.

Tommy Diver, 26, fled to Bangkok to avoid an arrest warrant connected to alleged attack plans on the PSNI and prison officers.

On-the-run Diver has taunted cops on Facebook, saying: “Thought I’d avoid internment by remand after the cops landed with a trumped-up arrest warrant, so I’m away for a while.

“Had to make sure the cops didn’t know what I was at and where until I got here.”

Police want to question the top republican about alleged meetings of the Continuity IRA that took place inside a Newry bungalow which was secretly bugged by MI5.

Cops have since called on three occasions to his west Belfast home with an arrest warrant.

Full story: http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sunday-life/news/ontherun-dissident-tommy-diver-taunts-police-from-thailand-30855574.html

-- Belfast Telegraph 2014-12-23

• Like 1

If he doesn't get sent back then the next thing we'll hear about Tommy Diver will be violent trouble with Thai bouncers in Pattaya or one of the islands.

And how will he support himself and stay legal? What a sick joke that is.

Personally I would rather be reading about Condo Diver.

• Like 1

Why does Thailand open its doors to these types of people?

I'm sure with his attitude and mouth, he will get noticed very soon in BKK and someone will rat him in.

It's a pretty simple explanation.

Unless there is something logged on his Passport records to show he is a wanted man which would be flagged up at Immigration he would gain entry to Thailand just like everyone else,

In fact he would gain entry to nearly every country on the planet

So to summarize what is your point about somehow blaming Thailand for something that is the British Authorities fault for not confiscating or flagging his passport?

Do not you know it is always Thailands fault in some minds