British national Tommy Diver taunts UK police from Thailand

webfact

Cowardly scum, bravest thing they ever did was walk up behind off duty officers and put one in the back of their heads when they wernt looking. Send him back now!

Almost as cowardly as the Loyalist death squads shooting innocent catholic taxi driver in the back of the head.

• Like 2

You'd think Police (worldwide) would have learned by now ... if you put an arrest warrant out on someone, first automatically put a "stop" or "hold/cancel" out on their passport before announcing anything ... can't be that hard to do.

I don't know about England, but only a judge can order a freeze on a U.S. passport in cases like this and, usually, only after the person has been presented in court.Has something to do with freedom of movement laws.

Were the French resistance cowardly then (freedom fighters against German troops)?

Or how about the Stern Gang (freedom fighters against British troops)?

If you conquer a country by force or arms, does it become OK at some time in the future, and you get to keep the country.

Or do it's original residents have the right to fight for their freedom (against the occupying forces)?

maybe you should tell that to the native American Indians......

• Like 2

using your twisted logic, you can justify Hamas and Hizbollah against the IDF, justify Boku Haram against the Nigerian army, justify Somalian rebels against the US/UN, justify Al Khaida against the Pentagon, in fact anyone who declares himself a freedom fighter who attacks a uniform..

I'm not really bothered what government tries to control my life.

None of them are any good, and I certainly wouldn't risk my life to change one lot of wan___s for another.

But I can still see the logic of their positions.

• Like 1

and the IRA finally agreeing to talks. The good people of America, who had funded the 'Freedom fighters' for so long had a taste of terrorism and the funding dried up. No money, no bombs.

I always thought the British government gave in to the IRA when they blew up the conservative government conference in Brighton and frightened Margaret Thatcher into surrender.

and the IRA finally agreeing to talks. The good people of America, who had funded the 'Freedom fighters' for so long had a taste of terrorism and the funding dried up. No money, no bombs.

I always thought the British government gave in to the IRA when they blew up the conservative government conference in Brighton and frightened Margaret Thatcher into surrender.

I seem to remember the turning point was when some prominent IRA members were caught red handed in the US and Noraid was eventually embarrassed into toning down its support.

The US defends the right of its citizens to donate money to terrorists.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I didn't even know all of this stuff was still going on in NI. I thought it was all dealt with and everyone was just trying to find some kind of normality. Wishful thinking I suppose.

There are still minority idiots, they are the very VERY minority, they have no public support whatsoever. Similarly to how Germany still have nazi supporters.

Dissident Republicans really are the lowest of the low.

With no visa he`ll be stuck inside Thailand and presumably his money will run out before too long, unless of course he tries to continue his criminal ways in Thailand.

The very fact he has given away his location suggests he isn`t the sharpest tool in the shed, much like most Irish Republicans who havn`t worked out their armed campagn failed.

The armed struggle that led to equal right for catholics who were previously 2nd class citizens, not even able to vote? (shameful Republicans, having the gall to expect rights such as voting in the land they were born and their countless generation of their family were born, why not just let the invaders and thieves of the land keep all the power eh?)

The armed struggle that led to the creation of Sinn Fein, a once minority party for the minority population, now not only the party that gets the most votes in the North, but now also the largest party in the Republic of Ireland too? Sinn Fein are the biggest party in all of Ireland.

In the North, unionist population is old and decreasing, republican population is young and growing.

And if you know anything about Northern Ireland politics, you'll know that the main Unionist parties are anti-gay, anti-abortion, and pro Noahs ark the earth is 6,000 years old style of history.

Sinn Fein are liberal, accepting, and are winning over more previous unionist party voters all the time.

The future of Ireland is written on the wall, unity, thanks in no small part of Sinn Fein, who of course, came about from the failed armed struggle you speak of.

Then let them decide it by the ballot box........

Cowardly scum, bravest thing they ever did was walk up behind off duty officers and put one in the back of their heads when they wernt looking. Send him back now!

A small group of freedom fighters taking on the entire might of the armed British military and constabulary.

Sounds quite brave to me, or maybe stupid, but certainly not cowardly.

Wow, can't believe you justified their actions in that way ... I'll have to point that argument out to the US soldiers over in whatever country you guys are "protecting" now and ask them if they appreciate just how brave the local freedom fighters shooting them up are ...

You'd think Police (worldwide) would have learned by now ... if you put an arrest warrant out on someone, first automatically put a "stop" or "hold/cancel" out on their passport before announcing anything ... can't be that hard to do.

Terr------ts usually travel under false passports.

False/fake passports are another thing entirely, but I was referring to their normal day to day passports ...

One mans Terrorist is another mans Freedom Fighter.

Call them what you like but Psycho fits the bill better

That might be true.

What I can not stand are Fanatics. Any subject - religion, race, gender, sexual orientation, political party ... The list is a long one.

They are the ones who should be locked up.

Seems many posters on this subject are British.

The people who brought the world the Opium wars and concentration camps to name just two.

Talk about criminals and drug dealers.

Glass houses - throwing stones - ring any bells ?

And I am Scots / Irish so not some British Empire Hating zealot

• Like 2

A small group of freedom fighters taking on the entire might of the armed British military and constabulary.

sounds great coming from an American apologist for the IRA. Just look at the fuss this week when some coward walked up to 2 NY cops and shot them in the head when they weren't expecting it..... not so great when it happens to your people is it?

Were the French resistance cowardly then (freedom fighters against German troops)?

Or how about the Stern Gang (freedom fighters against British troops)?

If you conquer a country by force or arms, does it become OK at some time in the future, and you get to keep the country.

Or do it's original residents have the right to fight for their freedom (against the occupying forces)?

In response to your last 2 sentences and question ... let's ask the Native American Indians what they think ... oh wait, you killed most of them ...

• Like 1

Next year's election will cement Sinn Feins position as the biggest party on the island of Ireland. Not bad for a bunch of so called murdering cowards. Maybe it has more to do with the brave decisions they make!!

Signing the Good Friday agreement being the best they ever made.

Really - to an Irish passport?

• Like 1

Why does Thailand open its doors to these types of people?

I'm sure with his attitude and mouth, he will get noticed very soon in BKK and someone will rat him in.

"Why does Thailand open its doors to these types of people"

Why do UK and other farangland countries leave their doors open for criminals to come and go as these please? Is it really Thailand's responsibility to be the police and immigrations officers for every country on the planet?

So how come, if the Farang Keystone Kops "swooped on" him back in April because he was such a threat to society and they had evidence he was a brutal murderer, was he then allowed to plan holidays abroad? Tea money all around? UK Prisons have travel agent services? Incompetency? The only conviction noted was for possession of a shotgun.

Diver, who has a conviction for possession of shotgun, took to Facebook upon his release to express his disgust at his detention and to repeatedly plead his innocence.

Edited by Suradit69
  • Like 1

Wow, can't believe you justified their actions in that way ... I'll have to point that argument out to the US soldiers over in whatever country you guys are "protecting" now and ask them if they appreciate just how brave the local freedom fighters shooting them up are ...

Brave US fighters usually fire rockets from their silos in Nevada ir the area around.

• Like 1