Electric Heaters for sale in CM

connda

Try Global House..... saw a lot there about a week ago. Be ready for a shock as they aint cheap (Compared to prices in New Zealand and Australia).

I cant remember exactly what the prices were as they have a few models to choose from but do remember the price shock. Still if thats what you want/need then thats what one has to pay here.

Gd luck

Try Global House..... saw a lot there about a week ago. Be ready for a shock as they aint cheap (Compared to prices in New Zealand and Australia).

I cant remember exactly what the prices were as they have a few models to choose from but do remember the price shock. Still if thats what you want/need then thats what one has to pay here.

Gd luck

Yes kiwi we both mentioned the column rads at Global last week.

I recall thrm being just over 3000bt a piece. I have a trip down there right now ad it happens so i will see what they have.

There is a saying. The early bird catches the worm....and another one....you could have missed the boat.

I bought one at Home Pro (on SuperHW) a couple of weeks ago. Expensive though. 5800 Bt or so. Euro brand ("Bionaire") but made in China of course. Has a fan, a timer, two wattage selections, and a circuit breaker. I really like it. Just for heating a small area like around the sitting area in the living room or the area around my desk. Works great for these cool mornings (like today)

Ok global have just 18 oil filled rads and the price now down to 2990bt.

2.5kw excellent value in my opinion. They will take the chill off a 5x5 room but certainly not heat it up.

I am sorely tempted to get one later today. Last night it was particularly chilly out of the city and wearing clothes and a hat in bed is not ideal.

post-150623-14193956833799_thumb.jpg

i have to laugh at the Europeans 'feeling the cold' and running out to buy heaters to use for 3 nights or whatever. i lived in Europe for many years and never really felt the cold there, but this is nothing! at 6:00 this morning it was 13 degrees here. in Dusseldorf it is 8. in Prague it is 4. very comfortable now in London at 12.

2.5kw excellent value in my opinion. They will take the chill off a 5x5 room but certainly not heat it up.

I am sorely tempted to get one later today. Last night it was particularly chilly out of the city and wearing clothes and a hat in bed is not ideal.

attachicon.gif1419395579850.jpg

I bought two of those exact models from Global several years ago and they really work well and obviously reliable after all this time. At that time they were around 1400 Baht though. Have been using it for a couple of nights now.

Very true we have turned into wimps and cannot tolerate a slight drop in temps.

Yes it was 14degs at 6am and i checked my uk home town. This week at night the highest temp is 1 degree most are minus.

It rarely gets to 14 even in summer.

Having said that all houses are centrally heated and normally to 20degs plus and thats a given.

Here we have no facility to heat a home so its wooly hats and water bottles for a few days.

I dont want to be labeled a wimp so i will forgoe spending 3000bt on a radiator and instead treat mysrlf to some hip fleecy pj 's.

Maybe some matching ones for the wife. :rolleyes:

Electric heaters in Thailand seem to follow the pricing of wine and cheese and peanut butter and Gas BBQ grills....exhorbitant.

Last year I was in Hanoi and the stores there had dozens of models of Chinese made electric heaters at a fraction of the normal Thai cost.....Wish I had brought one and lugged it home.

The ex was always moaning how cold she was at this time of year

So being a dutiful other half I picked up a dual desk top fan/heater. Think it was only a tenner maybe twenty quid

Put the heat on full. Started it up.

She jumped out her skin.

One of the few things she left

i have to laugh at the Europeans 'feeling the cold' and running out to buy heaters to use for 3 nights or whatever. i lived in Europe for many years and never really felt the cold there, but this is nothing! at 6:00 this morning it was 13 degrees here. in Dusseldorf it is 8. in Prague it is 4. very comfortable now in London at 12.

I used to notice this when we went from Melbourne (which gets chilly enough for a wood burner) to UK for holidays - I think it's because we have double glazing, wall insulation and central heating for when we're in and appropriate clothing (mainly socks and shoes or boots) for when we're out. Central heating is very, very efficient and most houses are very toasty, and I always found shops to be uncomfortably warm - coats on, coats off when shopping.

Just put a woolly jumper and socks on,it only a bit nippy

in the morning and late a night,maybe too many wimps

here.

regards Worgeordie

Who are the real wimps around here? How many of you are belly-aching about the heat by late March or April?

Different strokes for different folks. I, for one, thrive in warm-to-hot temperatures; I'm in the minority however, as usual. My monthly electric bill--even in the hottest months--is seldom over 600 baht. There's an air conditioner in the house I'm renting, but in five years I've never even turned it on. Outside of town where I live the air is comfortably cool in the evenings for sleeping.

As for during this time of the year though, I do get chilled easily, wimp that I apparently am. That said, I'm amused by all the other wimps on this forum who cannot tolerate the hot weather.

Edited to add my greetings for the season:

post-55993-0-54936300-1419426955_thumb.j

Edited by MrBrad

I have lived in the tropics or subtropics for 40+ years. Last night (13) was the first time I found it too cold to sleep under a large comforter. Moved the electric heater in the bedroom and in about 30 minutes I was good.

I bought mine at Global House. Forget the price but it is an Astina. It is a fan, misting fan, Mosquito pads with 2 heat settings.

attachicon.gif1419395579850.jpg

We brought a large one back from Australia four years ago. Took it out of its box last Winter, used it about 3 or 4 nights and put it away again.

Just thinking about possibly getting it out again but probably not worth the effort, it'll warm up again in a week.

It's called acclimatization. When I lived in Alaska, 5 below zero was par for the course. At 10 degrees in Thailand, I'm bloody well freezing.

By the time you find one and get it home, the cold spell will be over.wink.png

Right.....I was thinking in buy one....but I decided to use my electric grills. Works fine....even better than for barbecue....winters and summers.

• 1 year later...

its not so much the number it is the drop that gets you. I lived in North America and been in -25 to -35 many times but you are prepared and the drop doesnt go as quick. When your body is used to 30 degree weather every day for months and then all the sudden it drops down to 11 degrees with cool rain as well your body simply is not used to such a degree change so rapidly. Sure some people can handle it better and of course extra layers of fat on many falangs surely helps:)

I feel silly being cold in Chiang Mai when it goes to 13 degrees as my friends and family would be laughing at me, but hey I am cold:) especially driving the bike... brrrrrrrrr