Did I screw up my extension fo stay

Hello,

Stay already several years on an extension of stay in Thailand (valid till March 12th 2015), I have a Non-Immigrant O (take care child) visa. I live in Chonburi and I need to go immigration at Jomtien Beach.

I just make sure I have the TB 400.000 in my bank account for three months, prepare all the documents they need, put them in a binder and hand them over to immigration - never had a problem.

This year I forget to transfer the money to my Thai bank account so now it will not be in my bank account for three months - as required - but only for about 70 days :-(

Will this be a big issue and a reason to deny my extension of stay again?

Hope somebody with experience can help me.

Sleepless nights....

There is no requirement for the money to be in the bank for any amount of time for an extension of stay based upon being the parent of a Thai. Jomtien as far as I know goes by this written rule.

Some offices though want it to be there for 60 days which is what is needed for an extension based upon marriage.

You will not have a problem doing your extension.

• Like 1

No problem, for on an extension based on a Thai child the money doesn't need to be seasoned.

Some offices do want it to be seasoned the same as for a Thai wife, but that is also no problem as the period for that is only 60 days.

Retirement requires 90 days.

• Like 1

Thanks for your answer so far - had to go to Pattaya so decided to stop at Immigration Office Jomtien and see what they say overthere.

It is always very, very busy there so they just gave me a piece of paper - see attachment

This will not make it easier :-(

post-83687-0-06364000-1419423812_thumb.j

Edited by Cloggie

Immigration gave you the wrong info. The info they gave you is for a person who wants to extend his stay because his foreign child is studying in Thailand, (it is also from an old police order, that is no longer in effect since 2008).

You are extending based on having a Thai child, which has different rules.

• Like 1