Anupong denies NCPO planning to remain in power after poll

webfact

Anupong denies NCPO planning to remain in power after poll
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Interior Minister Anupong Paochinda on Wednesday refuted reports that the National Council for Peace and Order planned to remain in power after the next election by transforming itself into the constitution-protecting organisation.

"I have never heard any proposal for the NCPO to remain in power," said Anupong, a former Army chief who is also a member of the NCPO.

It has been reported some NCPO members had proposed that the Council should continue working in a form of "charter protectors committee" to scrutinise the government's work in a similar manner to China's Politburo committee.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Anupong-denies-NCPO-planning-to-remain-in-power-af-30250561.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-12-24

" charter protectors committee" to scrutinise the government's work in a similar manner to China's Politburo committee. "

So we getting closer to the true story behind the coup !

It depends which conspiracy theory you want to listen to.

• Like 2

Interior Minister Anupong Paochinda on Wednesday refuted reports that the National Council for Peace and Order planned to remain in power after the next election by transforming itself into the constitution-protecting organisation.

They wouldn't even need to change their abbrevation

National Constitution Protecting Organisation.

• Like 1

>>It has been reported some NCPO members had proposed that the Council should continue working in a form of "charter protectors committee" to scrutinise the government's work in a similar manner to China's Politburo committee.<<Quote

If we ignore the Politburo part, it might actually not be such a bad idea!!

About time the politicians are being held accountable.

If the scrutinizing committee members are from all walks of life, and not only consists of people from the ultra royalists/army/yellows it might actually be a way to move forward!!

The article says "I never heard anyone suggest we stay in power" then...."some have suggested we form an oversight committee".

Yeah. Right. The weird truth is the military does not need to be an official oversight committee...they have coups down to a bloodless art form, and can retake power whenever they want.

The article says "I never heard anyone suggest we stay in power" then...."some have suggested we form an oversight committee".

Yeah. Right. The weird truth is the military does not need to be an official oversight committee...they have coups down to a bloodless art form, and can retake power whenever they want.

which is good

• Like 1

It has been reported? Reported by who? Where do they get this information from? Is there a source?

Or is just a journalist spreading rumors so they can write a news story to justify their salary.

Funny thing is people jump on the bandwagon straight away and cry "conspiracy" while the journalist sits in the corner smirking and counting his pay check.

Yellow lovers, I said in 2006, "be careful what you wish for...."

Was that the same year, that the then-P.M. promised, that his party would be in-power for at least 20 years ? wink.png

That was a memorable display of understanding, of the democracy which then wasn't his aim, but which he later decided he was in-favour of after-all ! rolleyes.gif

Funny thing is people jump on the bandwagon straight away and cry "conspiracy" ...

The extremely gullible and non-critical would. I mean, come on, a poster with the name of "Ikke" posting a conspiracy speculation? You couldn't possibly make this up. (Ref.: David Icke).

Didn't he say just before the takeover that there will be no coup?

You wanna go down the path of Russian submarines, again?

Well, well, if it isn't the gay stalker. Little too attached to me aren't you.

Do you wanna go down the path with the rice scheme. Or does little Daffy want to do what he always does, stalk people and post inane and useless comments instead of giving his own opinion about the topic.

Interesting comments from posters here.

Now if Anupong had said "no comment" the assumption would probably be "see, see, they want to stay" and a "probably" a "I told you so".

Two sides of the same coin, uncle rubl. You do the same when it comes to the UDD or the PTP. At least we can agree to disagree, wouldn't you say?

Do you wanna go down the path with the rice scheme. Or does little Daffy want to do what he always does, stalk people and post inane and useless comments instead of giving his own opinion about the topic.

Stalk? Feeling a little self-obsessed, are you?

You brought up the submarines, and then, when it was pointed out that you were dead wrong, ran as fast as you could, instead of just admitting that you're wrong.

This impacts your credibility (as in, loss of) in every subsequent thread you post, like here.

Stalking? You wish.

Edited by DaffyDuck

Stalk? Feeling a little self-obsessed, are you?

You brought up the submarines, and then, when it was pointed out that you were dead wrong, ran as fast as you could, instead of just admitting that you're wrong.

This impacts your credibility (as in, loss of) in every subsequent thread you post, like here.

Stalking? You wish.

What credibility do you have? Trying to impress some posters. Don't flatter yourself. You haven't posted an opinion even. You jump the group band wagon to belong somewhere, sad little master.

If this is your belief then I let you have it. Because this is all you ever be here. :)

Good luck!

" charter protectors committee" to scrutinise the government's work in a similar manner to China's Politburo committee. "

So we getting closer to the true story behind the coup !

At last, others are waking up to what's really been going on!! "

• Like 1

It has been reported some NCPO members had proposed that the Council should continue working in a form of "charter protectors committee" to scrutinise the government's work in a similar manner to China's Politburo committee.

Where has this been reported? A facebook post maybe? Or some conspiracy theory nutcase (probably on TV).

• Like 1

Funny thing is people jump on the bandwagon straight away and cry "conspiracy" ...

The extremely gullible and non-critical would. I mean, come on, a poster with the name of "Ikke" posting a conspiracy speculation? You couldn't possibly make this up. (Ref.: David Icke).

You really ought lo look up the actual meaning of 'conspiracy'. I really don't see any difference in that which the junta is intending and China's Politburo. Both wield ultimate power. Having said that, in the case of Thailand, they always have.

BTW The reference to swivel eyed Icke as in David, was silly and childish. Now go to your room laugh.png