Thai PM launches New Year's mega-sale campaign

webfact

PM launches New Year's mega-sale campaign

24-12-2557-14-35-33-wpcf_728x409.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Prayut Chan-ocha this morning officially launched the New Year’s mega-sale campaign staged at the Government House under the logo “Pouring Happiness to the People.”

The campaign which begins today and will last until December 30 was a joint effort of the government and the private sector. All department stores, wholesale and retail stores numbering more than 12,800 have joined the campaign in offering consumer products of numerous kinds at bargain prices of up to 70 percent discount.

Among the big-name retailers and wholesalers joining the campaign include Sahapat, Central, Robinson, Tesco Lotus, Macro, Big C, CP and Thai Bev.

It was estimated that the campaign would generate over 50 billion baht in sales during the weeklong mega sale.

In his address to mark the opening of the event, the prime minister said in order to return happiness to the people it was necessary for all to join forces. He said that the government and all the ministries had been trying all they could to help the people.

He promised that in the next five years Thailand will be stable, its people getting richer and its economy sustainable.

The prime minister also said that the government would try its best to ease political conflict and to reduce the gap of social disparity among the rich and the poor.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/pm-launches-new-years-mega-sale-campaign

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-12-24

"Among the big-name retailers and wholesalers joining the campaign include Sahapat, Central, Robinson, Tesco Lotus, Macro, Big C, CP and Thai Bev."

"Tops" supermarket which is ironically located at the bottom of the Comm building in Khon Kaen is having a sale as well.

Thanks Prayut for making my avocado 3 baht cheaper! What a nice welcome home present.

"Among the big-name retailers and wholesalers joining the campaign include Sahapat, Central, Robinson, Tesco Lotus, Macro, Big C, CP and Thai Bev."

"Tops" supermarket which is ironically located at the bottom of the Comm building in Khon Kaen is having a sale as well.

Thanks Prayut for making my avocado 3 baht cheaper! What a nice welcome home present.

Ah, now we know who is the PM's script writer. Answers a lot of questions.

Well well... I remember that just while ago Mr Mr announced that he has a plan to get rid off populistic promises and ideas especially in politics...?

It is ok for him to buy love and affection but other are forbidden to do so. The guy is a hypocrite and will now have to continue throwing gifts at the people or it will all blow up in his face.

Nothing to do with oil prices down and the cost of transporting goods. Oh thats right, the drop in world oil prices was Prayuth's gift to the people as well.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

The traditional New Year clearance sale are this year only taking place thanks to Prayuth!!

Pouring happiness to the people.
Seriously, it is getting worse by the minute!!

All we need now is a 'Ministry of Love'.

Or a Minster of 12 Values?

The prime minister also said that the government would try its best to ease political conflict and to reduce the gap of social disparity among the rich and the poor.

blah, blah, blah, your policies to achieve this are...?

dear journalist, how about asking some questions?.....reduce gap ? what he is saying is, he will take other peoples money & spread it around... eh... he will take your money & give it to the lazy young unemployed. :-)

I think it is a stroke of genius from the good general to come up with this idea of retailers selling off excess stock at reduced prices at this time of year.

I have heard rumours of big street parties to be held in April which is provisionally to be called 'Soaking the People with Happiness' though the PM hasn't expanded much on the details of this latest brainwave of his yet.

>>He promised that in the next five years Thailand will be stable, its people getting richer and its economy sustainable.<<

Election 2016??coffee1.gif

Just what hit me! On another thread there are forecasts for 2015-2020. It seems to me to be the softening up of people for at least 5 more years of army rule.

I wonder if all the companies and retailers actually want to reduce prices by up to 70% or................