Chumphon: Tanisa Resort

gerryBScot

When I first stayed at Tanisa about five years ago I was quite simply amazed at the extraordinary value: 500 - 600 THB for a really well appointed room in a brand new resort. The only drawback is/was that it is not in the heart of downtown Chumphon and so it is ideally suited for people using their own cars.

Stayed here last night for the first time in over two years and following a mixup about rates, direct reservation with the hotel working out at over 50% cheaper than through Agoda, we opted for two double rooms with breakfast at 800 baht per room. (The hotel suggested in the first place that we book with Agoda, so be careful). Tanisa have built a new unit of standard double rooms which is were we stayed and they are all finished to a high standard with comfortable beds, separate WC & bath, aircon, fridge, desk, plasma screens with USB, great internet. The breakfast option worked well for our hungry lot, bog standard American and Thai set menus. Add in a little swimming pool which offers enough room for a soak though little else though it does have a small kiddies area - not really a major issue as some great beaches are nearby.

So still a great deal in my opinion.